HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
The Human Resource Generalist for WOIO is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with station leadership and the corporate HR department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: local benefits administration, employee relations, union grievance investigation, training, performance management, onboarding/orientation, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, FCC EEO, and employment law compliance such as FMLA and ADA administration.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the HR Generalist include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and implementing various human resource policies and procedures for all station employees
- Facilitates completion of employee performance review process
- Files FCC EEO report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to FCC EEO regulations
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places job advertisements
- Handles employee relations counseling, manager coaching, and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of station in relation to established employee or department goals
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or another related field is required.
- 3 years’ experience in a human resources role is preferred, but not required.
- PHR certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements is preferred, but not required.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background/credit check required.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 15lbs
Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V