WMC - IS Assistant
In this role, you will act as a liaison between technical and non-technical people within the station. Candidates for this position must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility location.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer and software issues reported to the Service Desk
• Be willing to carry cell phone and be available to offer 24x7 Support
• Update network applications and sofware as required
• Maintain daily tape backup and off-site tape storage
• Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
• Provide support to the Technology team
• Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity
• Assist in the development of training coursework and materials
• Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
• Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current
• Comply with continuing education requirements
• Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills
• Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking
• Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software
• Complete special projects as requested
• Associate’s degree in Computer Technology or related field. Certifications such as MCP, A+ preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years prior experience with providing workstation support.
• The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required. Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and computer skills required.
• A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.
• Able to work on and ladder and lift at least 50 pounds.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V