WXIX the #1 news station in Cincinnati is looking for a Transportation & Traffic Anchor. Traffic is big in Cincinnati, and this position is beyond a typical TV traffic reporter gig. We have an exciting opportunity for a full time journalist who can help the community navigate and explain Cincinnati’s transportation challenges on TV and on digital platforms. Duties include:
- Regular traffic hits throughout our 6.5 hour morning newscast.
- Aggressive engagement and output of the traffic story on all digital platforms.
- Use of graphics and live cameras to produce the traffic story.
- Appear live or as-live in all Fox19 Now newscasts
- Transportation beat reporter. Able to enterprise/produce/report daily transportation or traffic stories.
We are looking for someone who is smart, engaging, and genuine. Must be able to think on their feet and can interact with co-anchors. Must be able to produce clear, concise, and energetic traffic hits. Must also enterprise and produce daily stories about transportation or traffic. Other skills required:
- Know Cincinnati highways/roads or be able to very quickly learn.
- Familiar with traffic computer systems
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas related to commuting and traffic
- Able to demonstrate creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills and previous experience working in a team environment are a must
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that could include nights and/or weekends
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Engaging on-air presentation skills are a must
- 3 years of live on-air experience. Traffic experience preferred.
- Knowledge of traffic computer systems
- Ability to MMJ/shoot and produce packages
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! Please apply online and include a link of your latest work. Pre-employment drug screening and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V