KSLA- Media Planner
Perfect position for a go-getter looking to gain broader advertising exposure and direct client contact. The ideal candidate has a true passion for the advertising industry and is always looking for ways to soak up more knowledge. They multi-task in their sleep and are natural born problem solvers. Their sleeves are already rolled up – but they are just looking for a place to dig in. This position reports directly to, and will work closely with the Sales Management and Sellers. You’ll be a force within the station, known as a go-to-person for media planning expertise. Every day brings a new challenge to the job, but few things you can expect to be accountable for consistently:
- Knowledge of basic media research tools to analyze market trends and forecast conditions and opportunities to positively affect client’s business objectives.
- Assist account executives by providing pre-call planning date and category insights.
- Collaborate with Account executives and sales leadership team to create compelling and detailed proposals.
- Help establish media strategies and success metrics for advertising campaigns.
- Assist in reporting for Digital campaigns (working knowledge of Dart/DFP)
- Evaluate broadcast audience, web traffic, social, digital campaign, and SEM analytics to create cohesive analysis and recommendations
- Evaluate sponsorship packages and develop POV
- Work closely with media sales representatives to evaluate best plans and ensure flawless execution.
- Gather statistics and prepare media plans under the direction of the Sales Manager.
- Study demographic data and consumer profile to identify desired target audiences for multi-media campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations, development marketing strategies and long range media plans.
- Calculate reach and frequency of potential media.
- Assist in the creation and adjustment phases of client media plans.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Client’s business, objectives and goals.
- Keep up to date on all media trends.
We’re looking for a rising media Star who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- A four-year college education and two to four years of experience working as a media assistant or planner, preferably in a multichannel capacity at a creative agency
- Strong familiarity with the both the broadcast and digital environment – you know our world by heart and you keep pulse with the rapid changes happening within it – and a clear, solid understanding of the media planning and buying process.
- An artful ability to translate client objectives into exceptional media strategies – and communicate them clearly
- Solid understanding of general advertising and direct marketing performance metrics, and a firm grasp on media research tools and how and when to most effectively use them.
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V