WVUE - Director of Marketing and Audience Development
The Director of Marketing and Brand Management is the leader of the station’s marketing department and top brand authority. This role provides expertise and support to News, Digital, and all other local content efforts in the form of multiplatform creative strategies, as well as commercial production services and creative direction to support the Sales mission. The Director of Marketing and Brand Management is responsible for both audience development and revenue generation.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the Director of Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Protect and improve the station’s brand image at all customer touchpoints
- Meet individual performance objectives as approved by the VP & GM
- Collaborate with station and corporate stakeholders to develop & execute a comprehensive, multiplatform marketing plan that supports the goals of the station
- Lead a creative team of employees, delegating responsibilities of the multiplatform marketing plan to successfully achieve goals and adapting to seize new opportunities as they present themselves
- Produce breakthrough advertising that advances the station’s brand position and grows audience on all platforms.
- Identify and analyze key performance indicators using qualitative and quantitative research data synthesized from multiple sources such as Nielsen, ComScore, DOMO, CrowdTangle, etc.
- Create and manage the station’s outside media advertising budget, community events calendar and other public relations opportunities to maximize brand exposure to target audiences.
- Provide creative consultation, marketing expertise and customer service for Sales clients and initiatives to ensure their investments with the station deliver agreed upon value.
- Analyze and manage marketing department expenses within budgetary limitations, adjusting as needed at the direction of the VP & GM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field required
- Must have a creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Creative Suite software
- 8 years experience in a creative leadership position implementing strategic priorities required
- Previous team management experience preferred
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V