WVUE- Lead Designer
The Lead Designer conceptualizes and produces award-worthy and audience-motivating graphics on all platforms. Incumbents are expert visual brand managers with strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs, and have advanced knowledge of video production and cinematography. This is a leadership role, guiding the creative team in the production of top-quality multiplatform creative and maintaining a position of teaching expertise on the latest production technology available to the department.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development and other creative leadership to conceptualize and create content that will help expand our rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence.
- Hands-on creation of motion graphic art,
- Manage the production and implementation of graphics for station promotion, commercials, newscasts as well as social and digital platforms.
- Exercise exceptional organization and strategic thinking to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development.
- Provide creative consultation, marketing expertise, and customer service for Sales clients and initiatives to ensure their investments with the station deliver agreed upon value.
- Ensure through workflow management that client projects are delivered on time and within budgetary constraints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics, Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred.
- Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of graphics and video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography.
- Advanced knowledge of Chyron, Lyric, 3D animation, newsticker, and other industry software/technology
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in a creative environment, digital, or broadcast business required
- Experience with social media marketing, including Facebook/Instagram/Twitter required
- Must be able to adapt and to adopt any new changes in the workplace that include things like new technology.
- Must be able to drive to meet with local clients and must possess a valid driver’s license.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V