MEDIA SALES CONSULTANT - Account Executive
WTVM, the number one media company in the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn market has a specially tailored sales opportunity for a multi-platform advertising account executive, known as a Media Sales Consultant.
This financially rewarding commission sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus almost solely on selling advertising solutions only available from WTVM, the number one media company in the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn market.
The MSC will be assisted by an unparalleled sales support system that include an account Success Manager, a Research Director solely devoted to the sales effort, senior Digital Sales Specialists and other services only offered by WTVM. The seller chosen for this vital position will work to insure the success of the client’s advertising campaign on our top-rated local television station and on our heavily trafficked digital platforms including mobile, apps and desktop.
The optimal candidate for the position of Media Sales Consultant is a performance driven, proven seller who knows how to use analytical tools we will provide to influence decision-makers and close the sale.
If you are a closer, with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this unusual and highly profitable opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities of the MSC
- The Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), will focus on meeting with multiple clients a day to pitch custom-built advertising solutions using the strongest local media products available.
- Uses professional presentations, developed in consultation with the Success Manager to sell specific, targeted, measurable and trackable solutions for advertisers who want to grow their business.
- Daily interactions with clients in an organized approach to maximize revenue on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving make goods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Leads the conversation with advertisers, makes creative recommendations and maintains relationships with key advertisers.
- Help create compelling, client-focused sales presentations in concert with the MSC, research staff, and other support staff in the sales organization.
- Advises the client on the advertising campaign’s effectiveness, reach and results, targeting areas for improvement and adjusting to client objectives.
- Effectively manages the sale, from pitch to close, to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Proven seller with a track record of revenue goal achievement.
- Highly effective communicator, able to explain, persuade, counsel, advise and listen to the clients’ needs.
- Passionate about the client’s individual success as well as their own.
- Desire for delivering on the promise of success for the client and success for the company.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of actual sales experience, presenting solutions to customers, preferably in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Matrix sales software experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers to close the sale.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- A quick grasp of selling dynamics, an outgoing personality and the ability to adjust to the client’s environment and determine their needs.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, especially in time management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients’ needs in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred.
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V