Job Overview: Charlotte NC location
Raycom Media seeks a Corporate Broadcast Sales Trainer who will assist owned or operated television stations with Broadcast sales development. This position is responsible for the sales training and development of all Broadcast sellers within their group of assigned TV stations.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales development and training of Broadcast sales reps and sales managers
- Trains and develops the sales support staff
- Implements training curriculum and coaching for Broadcast sellers, tracks performance, and defines further training elements needed to improve results including, Broadcast Training and Education; Systems and Fulfillment training; Selling Strategies; Prospecting/Hunting New Business; Sales Calls; Proposals
- Finds new sales ideas
- Fills in wherever needed – backup when a TV station is without a Sales Manager
- Reduces AE turnover by providing detailed guidance and support
- Provides station leadership detailed guidance on how to advance their sales team.
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
- Minimum 5 years previous sales management experience preferably in television, broadcast sales, or marketing
- Proven track record of success
- Proven leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of sales principles, research, inventory control, pricing, and the complete sales operation of a television station.
- Thorough understanding of the entire sales process as it relates to traditional, non-traditional, internet, and new media sales opportunities.
- Complete knowledge of sales trends, sales forecasting, planning, and pricing.
- Strategic thinking, both short term and long term.
- Excellent presentation, training, and interpersonal skills as well as ability to network with sales clients.
- Ability to form strong relationships with all stations and department heads within each station.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V