The Health Sales Specialist is responsible for selling cross-platform solutions on the Raycom Media platforms, with a clear focus on the healthcare & medical industry. Raycom Media platforms include 60+ news/broadcast stations, desktop and mobile platforms as well as a robust suite of programmatic and extended audience solutions.
The Health Sales Specialist will work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to drive revenue and develop deep expertise in healthcare advertising. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of media and healthcare industries and be able to provide creative solutions for client’s marketing needs.
- Prepare and research for client meetings, working closely with the Regional Sales Managers on the health team and Sales Managers at each station.
- Support and Assist Regional Sales Managers with business review and renewal meetings to maximize client satisfaction and reduce churn.
- Lead client presentations remotely and through in-person meetings
- Identify clients’ needs by listening and probing during discussions of their objectives and strategies.
- Study the competitive environment and build knowledge of the clients’ business.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks as assigned all while working in a fast paced environment.
- Execute a proven sales model.
- Invest in a long-term commitment to team and business growth, all while supporting company goals and objectives and contributing to team’s success.
- Travel to station sites for meetings when needed. This position requires travel (over 25% of the time).
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in business, marketing, or communications.
- Multi-platform sales background.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a sales/marketing representative with a high concentration in broadcast and digital sales.
- Strong knowledge of digital media industry. Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare marketing industry is a plus.
- Deep expertise in web, mobile, video, and social media platforms.
- Creative and strategic, with the ability to thrive creating custom presentations.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a team environment, and work well with other departments, especially the product, ad operations, and content teams.
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills.
- Proven track record in achieving/exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- Position is located at Raycom Corporate offices in Charlotte, NC.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V