PRODUCT MANAGER – OTT & THE SOUTHERN WEEKEND
The Product Manager, OTT & The Southern Weekend is responsible for the development, execution and management of two strategic and exciting product lines for Raycom Media. OTT consists in all ‘Over-The-Top’ applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, deployed across all Raycom Media local television stations. The Product Manager will also lead all product & project efforts for The Southern Weekend, a video-centric lifestyle brand deployed in an increasing number of Raycom Media markets across desktop, mobile, social media, and OTT.
Working collaboratively with Content, Marketing, and Technology teams, the Product Manager will define and prioritize product features based on business and user needs, in support of the development of business relationships with key distributors. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, be skilled in execution & project management, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a deep understanding of all digital platforms. He/she is able to work with of a diverse group of local television stations, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product/project management. The Manager is ultimately responsible for creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups.
- Research, analyze, recommend and oversee the development and execution of new product sets based on user and advertiser needs, and use inputs to develop innovative product solutions.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Perform competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and product road map.
- Participate in the design of budgets, establish priorities and allocate departmental resources.
- Deliver compelling reporting dashboards to all functional groups of the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget & within scope
- Manage through the entire product lifecycle and ensure ongoing operational excellence
- At least 5 years successful business experience in the management, execution and implementation of new products required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the digital marketplace; experience with OTT and video products strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in this or other relevant field required; MBA degree preferred.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers and users, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside vendors to achieve common goals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and senior executives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving within organized framework to deliver products that exceed consumer expectations.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Ability to own and drive priorities independently
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Dedication to product excellence.
- Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of team members.
- Team player.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V