Digital Sales Specialist (DSS) WTXL-TV is seeking an entry-level Digital Sales Specialist (DSS). If YOU possess knowledge and understanding of web marketing and operations, as well as the ability to generate New Digital Business with new clients and Digital pairings with our traditional broadcast clients, then YOU might be just who we’re looking for!
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for working with the existing MSC’s (Media Sales Consultants) in driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets. This position offers market comparable compensation with the opportunities to grow and open doors in other Raycom markets or the local Big Bend Region; it just depends what motivates you…
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Sales Specialist will be responsible for helping to meet and exceed the digital advertising goals of WTXL. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients held by the MSC’s. Our Digital Sales Specialist will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media. Our DSS will also play a role in overseeing the success of campaigns as they help to reduce churn through monthly meetings with digital clients.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
- Consistently assist the MSC’s in prospecting for new advertisers and researching new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- Package, present and sell WTXL digital products to meet sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including website builds, ALL display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, PPC, reputation management, email and other digital marketing.
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns. (A HEAVILY condensed version of the traditional interrogation style “Needs Analysis.”)
- Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers as you help build the “Big Idea” that propels the advertising partnership into a successful endeavor.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently work WITH the MSC’s to ensure high activity levels are achieved in new business development to grow market share.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation. (I hope you like details!)
- Report routinely to the Director of Local Sales on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
- Work with our Digital Success Manager to ensure timeliness and accuracy of campaign fulfillment, report generation, and scheduling and running monthly client meetings.
- Provide weekly education on digital to the MSC’s during weekly sales meetings.
- Be able to operate with a high level of independence while working along side the MSC’s and in-tandem with the Digital Success Manager.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience in communicating audience based marketing solutions.
- Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
- Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
- Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive initiatives for change.
- Competitive personality and direct sales skills a must.
- Positive and contagious attitude- some might call you the “life of the party”.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel, previous use of a CRM and the internet is essential.
- APTITUDE to learn. APTITUDE to learn complex concepts and the willingness (personality) to ADAPT and INVEST yourself into the challenge of overseeing digital success for WTXL.
Is this YOU? Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V