The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist needs to do it all; report, shoot, edit and push content online. This position will go live in the field on a daily basis and normally work by themselves to gather content for packages and other stories for both on-air and online.
- Write and package breaking news stories and general news stories for TV as well as the online and mobile community.
- Produce visual journalism, including photos and video, to use in packages and stories for both on-air and online to help supplement the work of full-time video journalists on staff.
- Constantly update your story online whether it is breaking or a general news story with unique web only content and interviews.
- Understand basic internet search engine optimization practices and utilize them when researching and writing stories and online content.
- Contribute to FOX 54’s growth by using social media to converse with viewers and gather ideas and content online.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years MMJ experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V