WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks an experienced Meteorologist to join our First Alert Weather Team.
- Conceptualize and produce accurate weather forecasts and weather-related content across multiple platforms
- Identify and communicate the “weather story of the day” to a cross platform audience
- Be ready and available whenever severe or disruptive weather events may occur
- Clearly communicate the weather information to editorial staff for planning purposes
- Conceptualize and create weather graphics and analyze data from a number of meteorological sources in order to communicate engaging weather forecasts
- Available to work both in studio and in the field
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations
- 3 years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist/weather anchor
- BS/BA in Meteorology/Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts, especially considering the nature of weather events
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Experience covering severe weather, including but not limited to, severe thunderstorms, tornados, flooding, heavy snowfall, ice storms
- Should be well presented on-camera with the ability to break down complex weather/climate information
- Meteorological certification
- Comfortable with emerging technology. Working knowledge of Baron radar technology and WSI weather systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama