Raycom Media Hub office in Jackson, MS has an immediate opening for a passionate, highly motivated, detail-oriented Accountant, to provide excellent quality services for five regionally located television stations. The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, enjoy working with people, and the ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic working environment.
- Assist Controllers in daily, weekly, and monthly accounting procedures.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financials, weekly cash flow reports, monthly general ledger reconciliations and other analytical reports.
- Assist Business Office Coordinators in general business functions to include posting cash receipts, generating customer broadcast and calendar billing, and interacting with account executives and clients to research and resolve receivable issues.
- Assist Credit Manager in all credit related functions.
- Obtain knowledge of the Human Resource functions performed at the station level.
- Obtain knowledge on reconciling daily broadcast logs.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Requirements and Key Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years accounts receivable, credit and collections, and general accounting experience
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic and Great Plains General Ledger software applications is a plus
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join our team! Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V