WFXG-TV is currently accepting applications for a full-time Broadcast/IT Engineer. If you are strong on IT experience but light on broadcast experience we will train a person with the right aptitude. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and network services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and administrative operations and will report to the Director of Technology.
- Supporting the day-to-day operation of a television broadcast as a capable operator and/or maintenance technician
- Maintaining programming and transmitter logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission
- Monitoring, backing up, configuring, maintaining and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment
- Purchasing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining desktop computers, printers, peripherals, and licensed software
- Administering, maintaining, and repairing all aspects of telephone system equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems
- Managing software installation and configuration of iOS devices primarily cell phones and iPads
- Creating and maintaining system configuration documentation
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
- Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers
- Performing other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree preferred
- Transmitter / satellite experience preferred
- Computer and/or broadcast technical skills are a plus as cross-training in other areas will be required
- Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms (primarily Windows)
- Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications
- Ability to properly configure network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks
- Cisco Certification is a PLUS
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
- Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V