WFXG FOX 54 NEWS NOW in Augusta, GA is looking for an experienced Multi-media Journalist. The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong passion for breaking news and digital coverage. Candidate must also have a great work ethic, enjoy storytelling, and be committed to upholding our brand.
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside WFXG studios and remotely
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
- Stay current on both local and national news events
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WFXG employees and external organizations
- 2 years of experience as a television reporter in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Augusta, GA
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers/news sites, professional journals, technical reports and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M//F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.