WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks an experienced Morning Executive Producer to join our award-winning news team.
- Strong newsroom leader with a creative vision for our morning newscast.
- Work with show producers, directors, field crews and digital producers for the best showcasing, live shots and digital collaboration in the market.
- Plan effectively to provide more content and elevate production values of the morning newscast.
- Write, and teach staff to write, in a captivating, relevant and authentic
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events.
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms.
- Script approval under tight deadlines across all WMC platforms.
- Stay current on both local and national news events.\
- Assist with the hiring of employees.
- Perform performance evaluations for assigned employees.
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations.
- 3 years of experience as a morning show producer in a top 50 market; previous Executive Producer experience preferred.
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Aggressively react/respond to breaking news
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Ability to handle legal concerns pertaining to newscast content.
- Teach staff to develop content through social media and independent sources.
- Coach and inspire on air talent.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama