WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks an experienced morning news producer to join our award-winning news team.
- Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
- Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
- Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
- Produce news content for all station distribution platforms – broadcast, digital, mobile
- Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
- Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
- Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
- Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl system
- 2 years of experience as a producer in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Ability to handle legal concerns pertaining to newscast content.
- Ability to develop content through social media and independent sources.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
About Us: Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.