KOLD- Multi-Platform Content Manager
Part of our leadership team that oversees daily operations, long-term strategic story planning, and content guidance. Specifically, this position processes, distributes, and manages news assignments in a multi-media news environment serving content on broadcast television, websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. Successful Content Managers plan story assignments, coordinate resources such as reporters & photographers, manages station live feeds, and ensures all deadlines are met.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers all incoming calls and processes incoming leads from a variety of external and internal sources
- Evaluates, produces, and disseminates or "assigns" incoming information to appropriate staff members to ensure timely delivery of story content to our audience on multiple platforms
- Self-generates or "writes" content for multiple platforms, such as for broadcast, digital posts and social media using copywriting/video/photo/live feed as appropriate
- Exercises a high level of discretion to determine best use and prioritization of resources, including time, to deliver content appropriately in time-sensitive situations
- Coordinates crew logistics.
- ENPS – Proficient use of planning calendar. Consistent rolodex update. Consistent entry/updates of pertinent news stories through press releases, news tips and follow ups from daily stories. Mandatory entry of all phone numbers, addresses and other contact information from stories.
- Public Records – Daily use of public record sites to assist with stories. Regular FOIA submissions for 911 calls, mug shots, dash cam, body camera video, surveillance video from homes/business in association with story, dispatch recordings, personnel recordings, suspect information, victim information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in journalism, media or related fields preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good news judgement and adherence to journalistic ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with news sources.
- Social media or digital experience, preferred.
- Field Reporting experience, preferred.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V