WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks an experienced Digital Content Producer to join our award-winning news team.
- Work with digital team to ensure proper coverage of events throughout the Mid-South.
- Responsible for content contribution to mobile apps, social media, website, OTT.
- Responsible for contributing to WMC’s presence across all social platforms.
- Identify and effectively post content to help grow our social media audience.
- Know and use all available tools to create content for all platforms.
- Work with Digital Content Manager to ensure daily journalistic standards are being executed on all digital platforms.
- Work with reporters and other content creators to make sure they understand various WMC5 platforms.
- Work directly with Digital Content Manager to ensure superior breaking news coverage across all digital platforms.
- Contribute to digital coverage for major stories and special events (e.g. elections, Olympics, severe weather, etc.).
- Participate in daily editorial meetings.
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- 1 year of experience as a digital content producer in a top 150 market preferred
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of ARC, Urban Airship, Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment and journalistic integrity.
- Ability to handle legal concerns pertaining to digital content.
- Ability to develop content through social media and independent sources.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.