WAFF, in Huntsville AL, is seeking a full-time News Producer.
- Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link(s) to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V