Raycom Media is seeking an Information Technology assistant for the Charlotte market.
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years work experience in the IT industry with a strong knowledge of networking fundamentals. Experienced in software and hardware support with a proven set of troubleshooting skills is a must. Expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- Windows, Linux, OS X. Familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Industry certification is preferred and broadcast or video experience is a plus.
- Configure, maintain, and administer various business unit’s Local Area Network (LAN). This includes configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN.
- Install and maintain front office computers and laptops to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications.
- Responsible For maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems, including wire and cabling, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems.
- Work closely with the Broadcast Engineering and Broadcast Operations teams to implement and support networking technologies specifically designed for integration into the Broadcast environment.
- This is a full-time position that may require work during early morning hours, evening hours, weekends and holidays as part of a regular schedule. You must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable.
- At least five years of I.T. experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiar with maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment.
- Experienced in managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- A solid knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows.
- Be able to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other front office and television specific applications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity.
- Candidate should be able to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with television broadcast specific applications such as Traffic and Master Control automation systems is a plus.
If you are ready for your next challenge and feel you meet the above profile, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V