KCBD, NewsChannel 11 (NBC Affiliate) is looking for an aggressive Reporter/MMJ to join the dominant #1 news department in Lubbock, Texas. The experienced candidate must have the desire and ability to dig for stories with an emphasis on urgency and storytelling. This person must possess the skills to write and present polished TV packages on deadline, deliver creative live shots and take on multi-media responsibilities including writing for multiple platforms (web, mobile, social media sites). He/she must be able to enterprise ideas and develop sources. The candidate must also be willing to shoot and edit his/her own stories as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
- Journalism degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be willing and capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily publishing to on air, on-line, mobile technology, and social networking sites all under tight deadlines.
- Good driving record required.
- Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer system preferred.
- Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web.
- QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) AND ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND LINK TO YOUR MOST RECENT WORK. Pre-employment drug screening and MVR check required. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V