The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V