WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks an experienced morning news producer to join our award-winning news team.
- Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
- Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
- Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
- Produce news content for all station distribution platforms – broadcast, digital, mobile
- Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
- Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
- Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
- Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl system
- 2 years of experience as a morning show producer in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Ability to handle legal concerns pertaining to newscast content.
- Ability to develop content through social media and independent sources.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions. Please apply online and attach resume or at www.gray.tv/applynow. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.