This position must create high quality 4K video for a minimum of 23 television episodes per year, plus commercials and special productions. Our main focus is automotive TV programming. This job will have you both in our studios and in the field at race tracks, events, and off-road courses. We shoot 4K with the Panasonic Varicam LT & DVX200. You will be expected to maintain a high standard of video quality. The majority of our shots are hand-held. You will need to work comfortably with a crew, take direction, and work alone without direction when necessary. You’ll need to communicate with producers, directors, hosts, visitors and other videographers as applicable to advise and determine the best shots for the production. You are responsible for all lighting and audio. You must be familiar with POV cameras. Be sure all required equipment is on hand for scheduled shoots. You are responsible for basic maintenance and troubleshooting all equipment. Some travel will be required.
BA in Mass Communication preferred, at least some college required, along with 3-4 years experience.
Some college; knowledge and experience with several kinds of cameras and styles of shooting (e.g. studio, location, hand-held, ENG, POV, jib, macro, etc); good knowledge of different styles of lighting; experience covering racing events helpful; ability to communicate well with others involved in the shoot; able to do some field editing; maintain consistency in areas such as audio, video exposure and sequencing; ability to use video for “story telling”; be open during shoots to “side stories” as they make themselves apparent and take advantage of the opportunity as it happens; expect the unexpected.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link(s) to your work. Drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a highly-organized, creative producer to take over our weekend morning newscasts. These shows are a mix of news and lifestyle content designed to make the viewer want to grab a cup of coffee and settle in with us for the morning.
As the producer of these newscasts you will work with a small, dedicated team to develop unique content. You must be able to manage your time well from planning to execution. This position involves making calls and cultivating relationships to create compelling guest segments.
The ability to plan and execute special coverage is a must. The weekend morning producer also fills in on other newscasts as needed during the week, so a flexible schedule and skillset are important. At least two years of line producing experience are required. Experience with guest booking and segment producing are preferred. You must include a link to your work with your application/ resume. This is a great opportunity for a rock star producer in a small market to make the jump to a top 25 newsroom.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WSFA 12 News is seeking a Media Sales Consultant to join the number one sales team in Montgomery, Alabama.
The ideal candidate will be accomplished at maintaining and upgrading existing business, generating business from new clients and special projects for the television, internet, and mobile platforms. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidate should have 1-3 years of sales success in TV, Radio, Digital or Cable; we will consider someone with no broadcast experience if you can demonstrate sales success in another field.
We like candidates with a positive attitude, multi-tasking skills, a can-do spirit and high energy. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are helpful. The ability to find and develop new business, to not take no for an answer, and to close business is a must.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WSFA 12 News has an immediate opening for a part-time News Content Specialist. Education: College degree required from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism or be a junior or senior in college on course to graduate.
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years experience with television broadcasting and social media. Working with JVC camera equipment, ENPS computer system as well as BitCentral non-linear editing is a plus. Skills/Abilities: Must be a strong writer, able to work teleprompter, studio camera, audio, switcher and contribute to wsfa.com, Twitter & facebook. Must work well under pressure and daily deadlines. Must have good creative and editorial judgment and understand journalistic ethics and libel laws.
Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs. License/Certificates: Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver’s license. Work with producers, reporters, anchors and news team. Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to, microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Investigate TV is looking for an experienced, creative, and innovative Investigative Photographer/Editor to join our National Investigative Team based out of WVUE-TV in New Orleans.
We are looking for a multi-tasker who can simultaneously work on and manage short and long-term projects. We want someone who’s also interested in working on long-form stories and documentaries.
Join a six-person investigative team that emphasizes quality over quantity. You will have the time and the tools to do stories the right way. This unit will air high impact investigations on 91 Gray Television and our OTT App – Investigate TV.
Investigative storytelling experience and knowledge of the Adobe suite is a plus, but not a must. We need someone who knows how to use video and graphics to tell stories that can be complicated, data rich, but also important.
This is not your typical local television job. You’ll be working on longer form content. You’ll always be off on Christmas and Thanksgiving.
You’ll work with a team whose local investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. We want you and your experience to help make this team better.
Feel free to email Lee Zurik with any questions about the job (email@example.com).
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or related field
- At least 5years of journalism experience
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Oversight of the visual content produced by the investigative unit.
- Travel to shoot interviews for stories.
- Edit and shoot national team investigations and documentaries.
- Work on Investigate TV OTT channels.
- Coordinate with news directors about upcoming content.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with link(s) to your work. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug test and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM in Columbus Georgia seeks a news producer to join our market-leading news team.
- Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
- Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
- Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
- Produce news content for all station distribution platforms – broadcast, digital, mobile
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
- Copy-edit newscast copy
- Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
- Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl system
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Columbus, Georgia broadcast market
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must apply & submit a resume/CV through https://gray.tv/careersformerlyraycom to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Ability to handle legal concerns pertaining to newscast content.
- Ability to develop content through social media and independent sources.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions. Please apply online and attach resume or at https://gray.tv/careersformerlyraycom.
No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a part-time News Specialist. Successful candidate will be a team player who performs traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties which will include photography, editing and writing for KFVS and KFVS12.com. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed up to 29 hours a week.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess clean driving record. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KYOU FOX/NBC is searching for a part-time Production Assistant to work behind the scenes with our successful news team and newscasts.
When scheduled, this job requires working two newscasts Monday – Friday nights at 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM. The Production Assistant has many different responsibilities including Directing the news, operating the video board, operating the audio board and running the teleprompter. If you have a passion for news and television, are willing to learn fast and work hard, this could be an open door to the television new business.
Qualified applicants, apply online. Drug Screen Required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA -Account Executive
Are you a goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell!
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability to achieve set sales quotas. This position utilizes an audience-based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. We believe in a client focused approach on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
The individual who will join our team is enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, confident and has a positive attitude- if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client meetings, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO TV 7 News, the ABC affiliate in Lawton, OK seeks a dynamic General Sales Manager who recruits exceptional sellers, coaches, trains and leads team members to consistently grow market share and new revenue streams, builds relationships, communicates clearly, thinks strategically, forecasts accurately, and effectively manages pricing and inventory.
The candidate must be an innovative leader who knows how to maximize revenue on TV, Online and Mobile. A successful track record driving LOCAL revenue and selling creative solutions and revenue projects is required. Drug screen and MVR required.
If qualified, please apply online at; https://career-raycommedia.icims.com or at kswo.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD, the #1 station in Lubbock, is seeking a part time Assistant News Specialist to join our Daybreak morning team. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and eager to learn all positions within our production department. This is an entry level position, however some experience in television production or comparable education is preferred. Training will be provided.
Responsibilities may include
- Operate studio cameras for live and recorded programming
- Assist department in studio management, lighting, and set construction
- Operate Chyron graphics for live and recorded programming
- Operate audio console for live and recorded programming
- Edit and file video to website and video servers for newscasts
- Must be eager to learn and a team player
- Some heavy lifting required
- Valid driver’s license as ocassional travel may be required
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, Cincinnati, has an immediate opening for a News Producer. We are looking for a talented and creative news producer who knows how to win in a very competitive news market. The successful candidate must be a strong writer with excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to work well in high pressure situations and thrive on breaking news coverage. This is not a show-stacking job, you must have a flare for showcasing.
The successful candidate must be creative and have the ability to present today’s news in a unique and interesting manner which lives our NOW brand. You must be skilled in the use of social media and how it translates to driving viewers to the television screen. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience of producing daily newscasts for a major network affiliate in a medium to large market. This is not an entry level job. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19NOW in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to station web site, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts and station web site.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online and attach your resume and any links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award-winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is looking for a full-time digitally minded Reporter/MMJ.
The right person for this job must be the total package. Full of energy, aggressive and digitally minded. Loves to break news, be LIVE and be first. Do you investigate all leads, shoot, write, edit, and produce memorable stories across all platforms? We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a clear, compelling story.
Qualified candidates have at least two years of reporting experience and an understanding of the value of digital and social media platforms. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with link(s) to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS News 10 in Columbia, SC is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Digital Content Producer/Weekend Assignment Editor to manage and create content for our website, mobile, and social media platforms.
Duties include but are not limited to - writing news stories, gathering content, delivering content on digital platforms, engaging users, and working with news staff to increase the overall quality and quantity of the WIS News 10 digital output.
The successful candidate will help also enterprise news through beat calls, social media, and cultivated sources. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays is a must.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing, creative candidate with journalism experience and technical skills required for this job.
Prior news experience or internship preferred. Understanding social media audience engagement and search engine optimization techniques are also preferred.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. Must have basic working knowledge of web design and maintenance. Experience with writing in AP style is preferred. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn software applications used in the newsroom. Knowledge of entry-level video editing software a plus. You must be highly organized, with the ability to juggle crews and resources under intense breaking news situations.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please. EEO-M/F/D/V
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is seeking a Talented Reporter Multi Media Journalist for KAUZ News Channel 6, the CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX. The ideal candidate will:
- gather & verify information in the production of news reports, investigate leads, shoot & edit, write, produce, and report material for broadcast and posting for all digital platforms.
- Update content for newscast, online, crawls, text, and email.
- Ability to exercise news judgment
- Competence in live reporting environment on line and on air
- Ability to combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions
- Excellent computer, internet, and writing skills
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Journalism degree required. One year of commercial TV News experience as reporter and photojournalist. Professional video camera and professional non-linear editing equipment operation knowledge and experience preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary. Must have valid drivers’ license and be insurable. Be able to work under deadline pressures. Drug screen and MVR check required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and/or carry and manage news photography and lighting equipment. Frequently exposed to outside conditions.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT; https://gray.tv/careersformerlyraycom to apply online. Attach resume with cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE 3 News, the Gray Media NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY has an immediate opening for a full-time News Specialist focusing on the technical aspects of newscast production.
The successful candidate will: operate teleprompter, studio cameras, audio, and run graphics. Other duties will include contributing stories to WAVE3.com and our mobile apps as well as editing video. Previous television experience preferred. The hours will vary and may include early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Please apply online and attach a resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WMC-TV, as THE local leader in business advertising solutions for the Mid-South we are again blazing a new trail in local media sales. WMC-TV is greatly expanding its sales force, inside sales support team, digital experts and resources our clients want and need in the fast-changing media and digital sales landscape. This expansion creates fresh and exciting job opportunities in a variety of newly crafted sales positions: all designed to reward the individual and offer a variety of paths for professional growth in the area of on-air and digital media sales.
WMC-TV has a specially tailored sales opportunity for a multi-platform advertising account executive, known as a Media Sales Consultant (MSC). This financially rewarding commissioned sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus almost solely on selling advertising solutions only available from WMC, the number one media company in the Mid-South market.
The MSC will be partnered with an unparalleled sales support system that includes a Media Analytics Director, senior Digital Sales Specialists, a media planner and other support services only offered by WMC. The seller chosen for this vital position will work to insure the success of the client’s advertising campaign on our top-rated local television station and as well as our top ranked digital solutions including mobile, apps, desktop and programmatic platforms.
The optimal candidate for the position of Media Sales Consultant is a performance driven, proven seller who knows how to use the analytical tools we will provide to influence decision-makers and close the sale. If you are a closer, with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this highly profitable opportunity.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Chief of Engineering & Technology is a department head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Chief of Engineering & Technology, while staying within regulatory mandates, ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote and microwave equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, cable and satellite distribution, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations in a co-located, multi-station facility.
- Supervise operations, engineering, building maintenance, and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the corporate network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management and oversee safety and security procedures.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 5+ years technical experience, 2+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Other Job Requirements
- Commitment to the station’s mission and viewers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under stressful conditions.
- Pro-active in solving problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KPLC-TV in Lake Charles seeks a motivated and dynamic photographer/MMJ to join our morning news team. Successful candidate must be a creative, proven leader who can learn the ropes of running morning live shots via live truck or Live U Backpack. ENG certification a plus.
Ideal candidate will work as a team with our morning reporter and manager on the best, most visual live shots on KPLC's Sunrise Show and the FOX29 Morning Show, as well as other storytelling assignments throughout the shift as directed by management.
Candidate must possess strong live photography skills and be driven by breaking news. The successful candidate must also be proficient on all digital platforms and meet mandated social media goals outlined by management.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. MVR and Drug Screen required. Some driving required for this position. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V