WTOL in Toledo, Ohio is seeking an experienced Anchor/Reporter. We are looking for someone who excels in a team environment, has demonstrable leadership qualities, both in the newsroom and in the community, and can succeed in a fast-paced newsroom.
Savvy digital and social media talents are a must. The successful candidate will bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality to the anchor desk. Breaking news and reporting skills, plus strong writing and storytelling talents are required. This is not an entry-level position. Candidate must successully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL - Content Manager
Part of our leadership team that oversees daily operations, long-term strategic story planning, and content guidance. Specifically, this position processes, distributes, and manages news assignments in a multi-media news environment serving content on broadcast television, websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. Successful Content Managers plan story assignments, coordinate resources such as reporters & photographers, manages station live feeds, and ensures all deadlines are met. Also assists in creating work schedules and maintaining beat system.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers all incoming calls and processes incoming leads from a variety of external and internal sources
- Manages employees on the desk, if applicable
- Evaluates, produces, and disseminates or "assigns" incoming information to appropriate staff members to ensure timely delivery of story content to our audience on multiple platforms
- Self-generates or "writes" content for multiple platforms whenever time allows, such as for digital posts and social media using copywriting/video/photo/live feed as appropriate
- Exercises a high level of discretion to determine best use and prioritization of resources, including time, to deliver content appropriately in time-sensitive situations
- Coordinates crew logistics with Operations Manager. Assigns crews in absence of Operations Manager.
- ENPS – Proficient use of planning calendar. Consistent "rolodex" update-- including electronic. Consistent entry/updates of pertinent news stories through press releases, news tips and follow ups from daily stories. Mandatory entry of all phone numbers, addresses and other contact information from stories.
- Public Records – Daily use of public record sites to assist with stories. Regular FOIA submissions for 911 calls, mug shots, dash cam, body camera video, surveillance video from homes/business in association with story, dispatch recordings, personnel recordings, suspect information, victim information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related field.
- At least seven years of experience in journalism, media or related fields.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good news judgement and adherence to journalistic ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with news sources.
- Social media or digital experience, preferred.
- Field Reporting experience, preferred.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KWES-TV in Midland, Texas is seeking a dynamic leader to be our Digital Sales Manager. The Digital Sales Manager will lead the station's efforts to develop new and incremental digital business, reduce digital churn, manage the station's digital sales specialists and hold multiplatform AEs accountable for incorporating digital components into every sales pitch.
The DSM will be accountable for hitting the station's digital revenue goals. The DSM will accompany sellers to presentations on a regular basis and assist directly in closing business. The DSM reports weekly digital activity and updated forecasts to the General Sales Manager and works hand-in-hand with the Local Sales Managers to lead our team’s business development efforts.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV/KRHD, Raycom's ABC affiliate in Waco/Killeen/Bryan, TX is seeking a Digital Sales Manager to work in tandem with other sales management to develop and grow digital revenue. The position is responsible for day to day digital sales, development of our audience sales teams, and inventory management of our digital product portfolio.
The successful candidate will also work closely with Raycom's regional and corporate digital personnel. The ideal candidate should have a minimum five years' experience in developing digital revenue with existing and new clients, preferably in a broadcast or other media outlet.
Candidate should be very creative and skilled in building client specific campaigns that will help solve the challenges and achieve the goals of our clients. Strong organizational and presentation skills coupled with the ability to execute and complete digital campaign from start to finish are critical attributes to the success of the position.
Candidate will also be a coach, train, and mentor to a very talented staff of media consultants. The candidate will have a deep understanding of ad networks/exchanges, DFP, social media, OTT, video advertising and mobile marketing.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
A WAFF Newscast Producer is qualified, talented, and creative with deep ambition to help our #1 rated multi-platform news operation become even stronger in a very competitive news market.
Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom. Successful candidate will be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment. Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage. This is a job for an artist, who understands the science of research, ratings, and daily logistical calculations. Will have an eye for creative and engaging graphics. What you bring to the job should be a higher sense of what makes for “Great TV.”
Ideal candidate will be savvy with social media and comfortable with a multi-platform workflow. Prefer candidate who knows when to break the rules! We have guidelines about the way we want our newscasts produced, but we want producers who are thinkers and willing to challenge assumptions in order to do a story justice. This is an active severe weather market, so experience in covering severe weather situations is very important.
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, the news leader in Jackson, Mississippi, the state's capital city, has an immediate opening for a News Director to lead the largest news team in the state. This is an SSA operation, with partner station WDBD/Fox 40, and we produce more than 53 hours of news each week. WLBT and Fox 40 News are the dominant newscasts.
WLBT’s digital products have more traffic, views, likes, followers, etc. than any media operation in the market and we have the only news helicopter in the state. We are looking for a leader who is aggressive, can build great teams, can develop and execute strategic plans, understands budget management and is digitally minded. Effective communication and organizational skills are a must. A degree in Journalism or Mass Communication with at least 5 years of management experience is preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg, MS is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator. The chosen candidate’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording and ingesting of satellite and other electronic delivery programming and commercial feeds; The timing, editing, quality control monitoring, and switching of all programming while executing all functions required to maintain several broadcast signals simultaneously.
They will also be responsible for maintaining Commercial and Transmitter logs, Discrepancy Reports and other detailed paper-work for the operation of all systems within our multi-HD station master control room. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs and be able to work varied shifts including holidays. Previous MCO experience is a plus.
Must work well with other Operators and assist a variety of individuals and departments as well as our clients in a fast-paced live news environment while maintaining focus and keeping deadlines. Flexibility and adaptability are essential. Applicants must also be punctual and professional. Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. Other related duties may be assigned. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a part-time News Content Specialist. The successful candidate will have training and/ or experience in television news video editing and studio production. Basic skills in news field camera operation, ENG operations, audio board, robotic systems are a plus. Writing skills for broadcast and web are very desirable. This is a great position for someone looking to start a career in news, television or web production in a large market environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD- Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
New Orleans’ local media leader, WVUE FOX 8 seeks candidates for an exciting position – the Digital Sales Coordinator (DSC) – to play a critical role in the digital sales and support processes.
The DSC works with internal sellers and Sales Managers, as well as external personnel to ensure a seamless flow for our advertisers as their campaigns and special projects are built, launched, and maintained.
From helping with the assembly of sales materials, to initial order entry, to communicating design/business requirements to the corporate Digital Ad Ops and Digital Creative teams, and reporting on campaigns during flight, the DSC has a hand in every aspect of the digital advertising process at FOX 8. The DSC will also participate in social media components of campaigns to include content creation and publishing.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the MS Office suite, and familiarity with services like Google Analytics and comScore is beneficial, but not required. A four-year college degree in Business or Marketing is preferred, as well. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter & resume. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVE-TV (The Home Team), a Hawaii News Now station and home of premier local television events in Honolulu, Hawaii, has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence, and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated, and a high-achiever with excellent communications skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Driving new television and digital sales, as well as up-selling existing key accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license, and clean driving abstract.
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or advertising.
- Experience in television, digital, or media industry.
- Experience in new Business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resumé. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WVUE-TV FOX 8 in New Orleans, LA is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer to write and post fresh content to our website/apps, write clickable headlines that get results and engage the FOX 8 audience through our social media channels. You must be able to create and distribute content in real time with a focus on reaching news consumers on all platforms.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a newsroom paired with strong and efficient writing skills that also have a creative flair. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, blogging and experience on a content management system.
Candidates must also have a passion for news. You should be able to thrive in busy environment and excel as part of a team while also being proficient enough to work independently. Video editing experience is preferred.
Apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Be prepared to send writing samples and proof of social media use to engage audiences. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The anchor chair. Long coveted at THE job in broadcast news. A lot has changed in our business though. For one thing, our anchors don't sit in chairs and they do a lot more than read the TelePrompTer. KXXV-TV, the Raycom Media ABC afilliate serving Central Texas is looking for a talented, creative journalist and communicator who can be a leader in our newsroom. You'll be expected to anchor evening newscasts, mentor producers and reporters, and turn at least 2 stories a week just like your colleagues in the field do.
While it's a given you'll need to be sharp in front of the camera, you'll also need to be a master at storytelling, digital & social platforms, and heavy community involvement.
College degree in Journalism.
Television news anchor, reporting, and producing experience are absolute requirements to apply.
Must be able to work under deadline pressures; work well with news contacts, viewing public, and others. Required to work some weekends and holidays as necessary. Must have valid Texas drivers’ license and be insurable, and pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online and send your reel link, resume, references, and cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy. ABSOLUTELY No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist. Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Assistant Chief Engineer
WWBT-TV Richmond, VA seeks full-time Assistant Chief Engineer.
Responsibilities include supervising broadcast engineering staff, project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all television station equipment. Minimum 4 years experience in broadcast engineering or related field and proficiency with Windows OS, applications, and networking required. Advanced electronics education or military electronics training a plus. Must be a team player with excellent communication and people skills.
Qualified applicants only apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Attach resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media’s CBS Affiliate in Toledo,
WTOL-TV is seeking an experienced Media Sales Consultant to join our team. This financially rewarding commission sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus on almost solely on selling advertising solutions.
The MSC will be partnered with an account Success Manager as well as by an unparalleled sales support system that includes a Research Director, Senior Digital Sales Specialist, a Media Planner, and other services. The seller chosen for the vital position will work to ensure the success of the client’s advertising campaign on our top-rated local television station and on our heavily trafficked digital solutions including mobile, apps, desktop and programmatic platforms.
The optimal candidate for the position of Media Sales Consultant is a performance driven, proven seller who knows how to use analytical tools we will provide to influence decision-makers and close the sale. If you are a closer, with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this unusual and highly profitable opportunity.
Qualified applicants please apply on line and attach your cover letter and resume. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Creative Digital Storytellers Wanted. Are you passionate about creating new forms of digital storytelling? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area and create engaging stories and videos? If so, we want you to join our team.
WLBT 3 On Your Side is looking for a creative storyteller to join our new digital initiative. She/he will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly and will split their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content as necessary. We are looking for people who are great to work with and highly motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in film, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premier, Photoshop
- Demo reel is required
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines.
- Experienced in still photography preferred but not required
- Must be energetic, positive and great to work with
- Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
Evenings and some weekends may be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is looking for a full time News Producer. Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size.
We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand - Live, Local, Now. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts. Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important.
We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours. Pre-employment drug screen required.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community apply online and send your resume and reel on-line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS- Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Engineering Manager in the management of building and equipment maintenance, manage building environmental and structural components, and ensure proper maintenance of broadcast equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor will also help maintain the broadcast chain, ENG/RF systems, and encoding systems. This person will directly oversee maintenance engineers and guide them in completion of their duties and reaching department performance goals.
Summary of essential job functions:
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee and assist in the performance of the following engineering functions by maintenance engineers.
- Maintain television and digital production technology, facilities and equipment for the company. Assist in maintenance of the IT network, switches, work stations, laptops and printers.
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance.
- Assist with system integration and modification of TV/IT systems, and communicate with other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues.
- Assist in maintenance of company servers and computer equipment. Work with corporate IT as needed to maintain performance.
- Assist in monitoring of facility’s environmental and security systems.
Minimum requirements and abilities:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- At least 15 years’ experience as a technical engineer in broadcast or related industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, must be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with video cameras, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems, editing systems.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS-TV, the #1 content brand in Columbia, SC, is seeking a Creative Director to join our award-winning team. As the Creative Director you will be one of the station’s top creative consultants working with our clients to help them exceed expectations and generate revenue. If you are a self-starter who wants to roll up their sleeves, and be part of a winning team creating opportunities to help our clients succeed, then this could be the job for you. As our Creative Director you will be responsible for working with sales managers and account executives to conceive and execute effective client-driven commercial projects and revenue-generating station initiatives. This is a leadership position, overseeing commercial production services and creative direction to support the Sales and marketing mission.
The ideal candidate is an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography and Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs. Exceptional organization and strategic thinking is required to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development and revenue growth. This individual is a hands-on producer, with knowledge of digital and social media marketing trends and platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field. A minimum of 3 years proven working experience, producing measurable results and using the latest marketing trends and best practices.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced production knowledge, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography.
Qualified applicants, please apply online at www.wistv.com/careers and attach resume with cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V