WLOX News Now has an exciting opportunity for a reporter who knows how to use a camera, audio and creativity to tell compelling lead stories each night on TV and on our digital platforms. We're looking for a Reporter/MMJ who understands how to dig for news, break news, and instantly share that news on digital, on our social media platforms, and on TV.
The person we hire must be energetic, driven, have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and strong live skills. Candidates must be able to tell difficult stories, possess an investigative edge and be creative – adapting to various news stories. He or she must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field. He or she must be skilled to shoot & edit their own stories and employ digital first strategies. Exceptional planning and creative storytelling are a must. Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
If you embrace new technology, understand social media or can shoot and edit, make sure you apply. Go online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Sports - Associate Producer
The responsibility of an Associate Producer is to assist the production staff in the research, planning, and producing of specific television programming. Responsibilities include editing, shooting and writing scripts for human interest features and sponsored vignettes. Also duties could include working at game sites in various roles.
Other responsibilities, not related to specific job skills, include time management, the aptitude to communicate and work cohesively with many different types of individuals.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- At least 4 years of experience in broadcast and/or digital content.
- Knowledge of AVID editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Ability to operate ENG cameras (Sony F Series, DSLRs) and equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating/editing/shooting/writing long form features for various shows.
- Responsible for writing and editing sponsored features, promos, game roll-ins, and teases.
- Assists game and show producers in preparation for events.
- Knowledge of video router/routing/converting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expertise to be a creative editor/photographer/writer/producer.
- Knowledge of equipment and technology associated with our productions.
- Self-starter who can work at times with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication/personal skills.
- Ability to coordinate a feature shoot.
- Understand story ideas and concepts.
- Creative decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with strict time deadlines.
- Assists in obtaining research and information for the games and shows.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Working knowledge of technical equipment including a computer, audio and video requirements for games & shows, and graphics.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Morning Daypart Executive Producer
The successful candidate for Executive Producer for AM Content for WOIO will be responsible for every word and every picture generated for all news platforms in the overnight and early morning day part.
You will provide vision, direction and editorial and production leadership in a level-headed manner in pursuit of great content. Oversee a team of highly motivated producers, reporters, anchors, technical and production support. Craft memorable and promotable content for all platforms. You will work passionately, collaboratively and relentlessly to grow our morning audience and provide our audience with the most compelling and relevant content possible with a keen eye for local content that resonates to a mass audience. Strong writing, producing and leadership skills needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your work. Drug screen required. **No Phone Calls or Emails Please * EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC is recruiting for a BILINGUAL meteorologist for KAUZ News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for KAUZ, KSWO, and Telemundo Texoma, in North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma. Conversational fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers morning and weekend shifts, vacations by other meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFF - Operations Technician
Responsibilities include: switch station breaks and programming analog and digital channels, record satellite program feeds, segment syndicated programming, record newscast for playback, and check quality of program feeds prior to air time. Operate Crispin tapeless airplay system: Beta SP, DVC Pro tape machines. Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air. Check next days logs for missing material. Keep accurate transmitter and program logs. Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must be able to work over nights and weekends and to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Promotion Manager
Are you a news junkie, thought of as the person who is always “the first to know?” Can you craft a share-worthy, 120 character, message in seconds? If you answered a resounding “YES”, keep reading.
This position is at the intersection of where bold ideas meet huge expectations. You will be responsible for recruiting viewers through a multi-platform approach to watch and interact with our product. KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the dominant source for News, Weather, and Sports on the South Plains. We connect with viewers not just through television, but also through a robust online and mobile presence, and we aim to do even more.
At the core, you will write, edit, and produce commercials and social media posts that engage a diverse audience. It will allow you the opportunity to flex your creative muscles, work with top notch Adobe editing and graphic software, and learn from an accomplished team all while remaining laser focused on KCBD’s targeted audiences. At your disposal will be the latest audience tracking software, allowing you to research, measure, and establish key marketing goals.
No wimps, whiners, or complainers. If you require a recipe to get stuff done, please know we write a new one almost daily. A self-starter is a must. Please know that our interview process is thorough. If you’re selected, our First 90 Days Program includes required reading and detailed goal setting all with the purpose of clearly defining what winning looks like in your new role.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Three years in news marketing or equivalent experience is preferred. Extensive knowledge in video editing, shooting, graphic design and news writing. Love for News; A graphic eye.
TYPICAL SCHELDULE: Full time, Monday – Friday 8:30-5:30 and the occasional weekend or evening.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
If you're a news hound who lives for push alerts, impactful local stories and storm chasing, then News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX has the job for you!
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is recruiting a morning newscast producer for KAUZ in Wichita Falls.
Producers play a pivotal role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day on all our platforms: TV, apps, and social media. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in a timley, compelling manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and History majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
News Specialist– NBC12 seeks part-time news/content specialist. Qualified candidates should have experience in all areas of broadcast operations including microwave, tape editing, graphics, camera and audio. Good computer and internet skills. Work schedule may include days, nights and weekends.
Apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WDAM-TV7 is looking for a Sports Anchor/Reporter. The ideal candidate must be dynamic and have a great personality. They must be organized, aggressive and can plan for big sporting event coverage.
We’re looking for a candidate with the ability to effectively use social media to enhance our product and drive viewership to all three screens.
The candidate should have the ability to set up stories, shoot, write, edit their own work and produce their own sportscast. Another must requirement is the ability to tell hyper local sports stories. We aren’t looking for someone to give scores and highlights from national sports; our focus is local. The ability to report live, on location at sporting events in a compelling fashion is a must.
Additionally, we’re looking for a candidate with at least a year or two of Sports Directing experience. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Qualified applicants apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBRC Fox6 News seeks a full-time Meteorologist. Primary duties include helping with preparing, producing, writing and crafting content for their show segments, WBRC digital properties and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive of and create new weather and science-based stories for the assigned channel
- Stay aware of current meteorological pattern and contribute stories to the weather-content editorial process
- Drive the inclusion and prioritization of weather stories in the assigned program or day part, creates graphics, and /or commissions the creation and/or acquisition of supporting visual content
- Mine all available resources, including social media, for possible weather story ideas & content
- Work closely with on-camera meteorologists to ensure that their weather storytelling is well-organized, well-prepared, and includes language that connects most effectively with our target television audience(s)
- Coordinate with show producers to assure continuity in weather storytelling
- Prepare content using multiple graphic platforms
- Produce weather blocks that are well-organized, well prepared and targets a television audience
- Maintain proficiency with software changes
- Knowledge of social media and its role in the information and content gathering process
- Strong ability to communicate orally and verbally. Ability to disseminate complex meteorological information in a useable and understandable manner
- Ensure that WBRC Fox6 is first-to-air visually and verbally with all breaking weather information
- Customer focused, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Displays strong collaborative skills and works effectively through conflict
- Effectively contributes to team goals within a highly interactive, and at times, stressful environment
- Maintains high standards for product, performance, and ethics
- Quickly learns and applies new technologies and leads others in new initiatives
- Receives feedback constructively and incorporates that feedback into work products and performance
- Exhibits creative problem-solving skills and unique resourcefulness in order to complete tasks
- Support coverage of significant weather events, including working extra hours and days outside of normally scheduled shifts
- On-air work is limited. This position is mostly behind the scenes
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, design, or a related field
- 1 year of meteorological experience to include 1 years of television or graphics building experience
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA NewsChannel 10, the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas, is looking for an entry-level multimedia journalist to write, edit, and present high-quality content for our broadcast and digital platforms.
Our multimedia journalists primarily work outside of the station, embedding themselves into Texas Panhandle communities while finding and delivering the stories of urgency and impact for its residents. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, able to work independently, and can complete multiple tasks while working against a deadline. Candidates should be able to enterprise story ideas and develop reliable sources through networking.
MMJs have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10’s standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as presenting that work live (in-studio and field) during station broadcasts. Skill in videography and non-linear editing software is required. A four-year Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field is preferred. Some driving is required for this position. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Interested applicants should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit a resume. A link to an updated video reel is also required. No phone calls or emails, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
NewsChannel 10 is a property of Raycom Media Inc., one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies. Raycom Media employs over 8,300 journalists across 20 states. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WALB News 10, the ABC and NBC affiliate in Albany, Georgia is seeking a full time Digital Content Manager to lead our daily efforts for our website, mobile, OTT and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of news and also be creative, enthusiastic, a problem solver, a team player, and a leader. Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a journalism background with excellent web writing skills and be proficient in AP style. Must also be familiar with and willing to communicate with viewers through our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to succeed. College degree in Journalism or a related field is required. Two or more years of real newsroom experience also preferred. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, digital video editing, brand management programs and content management software is also a plus.
If you want to be a part of an award winning newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume and a link to your work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM-TV, the ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA/Opelika, AL, WTVM Digital and BOUNCE TV is seeking a highly experienced salesperson. We are looking for the right person – one with a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience.
The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented and someone that has dealt with advertising agencies or worked in the national spot TV business. This position would be dealing with many transactional television spot clients. The candidate must also be a great listener, able to build relationships thru phone and email and have a strong desire to help WTVM maximize spot revenue. In addition, the candidate should be highly organized, timely and a highly effective communicator.
The candidate must also have a working knowledge of digital advertising and the opportunities that advertising agencies would be interested in. As an ABC affiliate, WTVM can help clients with high profile events such as The Oscars, the NBA Finals, ABC Saturday Night College Football, Saturday Afternoon College Football, The CMA Awards, and the American Music Awards. Columbus, GA is the home of AFLAC, Ft. Benning, TSYS and nearby Auburn University and Kia Motors Manufacturing.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Maintain strong working relationships with all clients
- Represent a favorable station image
- Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales preferred
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in Mississippi's capital city is looking for an experienced morning anchor who is passionate about our business.
The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills. This opportunity is for a curious mind and someone who thrives on breaking news and digital coverage. Along with anchoring, this candidate will be a storyteller who is expected to turn daily content and special reports. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic and enjoys storytelling across platforms. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required.
Qualified applicants with prior anchoring experience should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is looking for a dynamic and energetic multi-media weekend sports reporter/anchor.
This person must demonstrate strong on-air and behind the scenes skills including reporting, writing, shooting, editing, producing and social media engagement. Extensive knowledge of building a brand through all social media platforms. Must be self-motivator with good time management and strong communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
Qualified candidates please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter, and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The WTVM Success Manager
The Success Manager works in close concert with our Media Sales Consultants (MSC) and Digital Team to help develop and coordinate strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the needs and actions of their partner Media Sales Consultants.
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (MSC), the SM coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive changes in their business strategy
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving makegoods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed
- Manages MSC’s schedule and appointments to communicate and maximize time with clients to present and close business.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Effectively collaborate with other departments to coordinate sales projects.
- Prospect new clients, manage deals and forecasts prospective closes throughout the different sales stages.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Experience with Matrix a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL, the CBS affiliate in Toledo, OH seeks a Production Engineer (Master Control Operator) responsible for operation of all systems within a multi station master control.
Duties include, but are not limited to, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup and record satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and prepare video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs.
Work shift will include overnights, weekends and holidays. Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required. Previous master control experience desirable.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create graphics which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting a graphic designer to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create custom animations and graphics for video productions
- Create custom graphics for social distribution
- Produce animated explainers for social and digital distribution
- Create custom infographics for social and digital distribution
Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving, start-up environment and be proficient in the following:
- Demonstrated ability to turn concepts into easy to understand visuals.
- Strong design skills and experience in video, film, or digital.
- Have a strong creative portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of leading social media platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Ability to work independently across teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in art, design or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing skills and AP Style a plus.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us;
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
KCBD NewsChannel 11 in Lubbock, Texas has an immediate opening for a part-time Associate Producer. The successful candidate will edit video for newscasts and digital platforms and have the opportunity to assist with writing for those platforms.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including holidays. The shift is primarily evenings, but other dayparts may be required from time to time. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news & digital content, editing video, and production/journalism principles. Previous television experience always preferred but not required, as this is an entry level position. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your work. ABSOLUTELY No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V