Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create graphics which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting a graphic designer to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create custom animations and graphics for video productions
- Create custom graphics for social distribution
- Produce animated explainers for social and digital distribution
- Create custom infographics for social and digital distribution
Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving, start-up environment and be proficient in the following:
- Demonstrated ability to turn concepts into easy to understand visuals.
- Strong design skills and experience in video, film, or digital.
- Have a strong creative portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of leading social media platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Ability to work independently across teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in art, design or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing skills and AP Style a plus.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us;
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
KCBD NewsChannel 11 in Lubbock, Texas has an immediate opening for a part-time Associate Producer. The successful candidate will edit video for newscasts and digital platforms and have the opportunity to assist with writing for those platforms.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including holidays. The shift is primarily evenings, but other dayparts may be required from time to time. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news & digital content, editing video, and production/journalism principles. Previous television experience always preferred but not required, as this is an entry level position. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your work. ABSOLUTELY No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG FOX 54 NEWS NOW in Augusta, GA is looking for an experienced Multi-media Journalist. The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong passion for breaking news and digital coverage. Candidate must also have a great work ethic, enjoy storytelling, and be committed to upholding our brand.
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside WFXG studios and remotely
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
- Stay current on both local and national news events
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WFXG employees and external organizations
- 2 years of experience as a television reporter in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Augusta, GA
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers/news sites, professional journals, technical reports and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please.EOE-M//F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.
WIS/Raycom Media-The #1 Television Station & the #1 Local Digital Platform in Columbia, SC, has an opening for an experienced Multi-Platform Consultant with 3-5 years sales experience. You must have a proven track record of negotiating and developing business in broadcast sales and digital sales.
Excellent customer service is our benchmark and you will have an opportunity to work with one of the largest support staffs in the country to grow your business. Experience with MSOffice, Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Wide Orbit Traffic preferred.
Qualified applicants, please APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) and attach cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA-TV is seeking a part-time Associate Producer. Successful candidate will perform traditional associate producer duties, including working as the weekend newscast producer, building newscasts, selecting stories, and writing scripts for newscasts. Other newsroom duties include editing and posting to KSLA's digital products.
This is an exciting position with great potential for growth. Weekend work and flexible hours are required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMC Action News 5 in Memphis, Tennessee seeks a fulltime News Content Specialist to join our team.
- Operate all studio equipment which include studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter
- Operate studio cameras for live and non-live news and talk show programs
- Operate audio board for live on location news and non-news programs
- Edit video materials using Edius non-linear editing system
- Operate AutoScript teleprompter system
- Operate Chyron LEX system as well as build graphics using Photoshop for daily newscast use
- Contribute to news content team writing for broadcast and digital as well as assisting on assignment desk
- Be ready and available whenever breaking news or severe and/or disruptive weather events may occur
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets. Assist the directors as needed
- Able to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of computer applications
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Must be flexible with respect to scheduling and willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays, sometimes on short notice) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience working with Edius, Adobe Premiere or other similar non-linear editing systems preferred
- Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral Products and ENPS desirable
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Associates or BA/BS degree in Telecommunications or work towards related degree preferred
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Up-to-date on, and interested in, current news events
- Comfortable with emerging technology
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to perform under pressure in breaking news and deadline driven situations
- Ability to perform accurately with strict deadlines while under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to think quickly, and keep pace with fast moving environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Digital Sales Specialist
This position reports to Director of Digital Marketing and is responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships. Raycom media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes Internet, mobile, SMS, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily.
Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Great upside potential for the right person.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a part-time news/content specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news/web content, editing video, production/journalism principles, and perform traditional production assistant duties (Chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter.) This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and upload your resume and any links to your work. No phone calls please. Drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Lubbock’s top local media brand is seeking a full time Creative Services Producer. This multi-platform candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills; must work well under pressure and be able to create, write and edit. This team player must present outside the box ideas to clients and develop high quality campaigns. We want non-formulaic; therefore, candidate must always be thinking of creative ways of executing production that delivers for our clients. This self-starter will work closely with sales and clients to conceptualize, write, and edit commercials. The ideal candidate will have experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test. A college degree or equivalent is preferred. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter, and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now:
LOCAL CONTENT - EDITOR
Creative Storyteller Wanted!
Are you passionate about video storytelling? Do you love food, travel, and lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area and create engaging stories and videos? If so, we want you to join our team.
HNN is looking for a creative video editor to join our new custom content initiative. She/he will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly, including a 30-minute weekly program. This person will primarily edit video content and provide post-production and graphics support to the rest of the production team, but may also be asked to produce, shoot and direct pieces as needed. We are looking for a person who is great to work with and quick on their feet.
- Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong editing skills
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, Photoshop
- Demo reel is required
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
- Must be energetic, positive, and great to work with
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter; able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your cover letter, resume, and link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 News station in Cincinnati is looking for our next great reporter! WXIX-TV in Cincinnati wins with urgent live shots, great exclusives, and powerful storytelling every night. We are looking for an experienced Multi Media Journalist with a hunger for breaking news and tracking down an exclusive lead story. The ideal candidate will also create different active and compelling presentations for on air and digital platforms, using pre-production, graphics and other tools to give the viewer a smart, clear and impressive story. Candidate must have a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
Minimum of five years experience preferred. We want a passionate candidate who is aggressive and not afraid to dig. Applicants must be able to quickly develop contacts and work sources and be a team player with strong communication skills. Experience with FOIA requests is preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and send a link to your work, resume, references and a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, an NBC affiliate in Jackson MS, is currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to become Local Developmental Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of success.
- Manage a team of Media Sales Consultants and Success Coordinators that focus entirely on Local, non-transactional business.
- Exceptional skills in recruiting, coaching and training exceptional sellers is a must.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives, building relationships, communicating clearly and the ability to forecast, budget and execute a strategic plan is critical.
- Spreadsheet and above average TV sales software skills are important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, Comscore, and Media Sales.
- If you are a critical thinker, possess a strong work ethic and have the desire to lead a first class sales team with innovative and new ideas, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university. Two or more years related experience.
Required skills include pro-active creative leadership, new business development, sales training, relationship building and a successful track record in television sales.
Qualified applicants apply online at https://raycommedia.icims2/internal-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/5071/local-sales-manager/job (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/D/F/V
WECT-TV, Wilmington's NBC Affiliate, has an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun environment as a Digital Sales Assistant.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, creative, and able to learn new things quickly. The ideal candidate should be very organized, can work well under pressure, and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely. Good communication skills needed. Will work directly with the Digital Sales Manager, Sr. Digital Sales Specialists and Local Account Executives.
Candidate should be proficient in data entry and have experience in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Wide Orbit Traffic experience preferred.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Completion of an employment drug test and clean MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT, Raycom Media’s dominate ABC/NBC affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas seeks a self-motivated, energetic Digital Sales Specialist. This person is responsible for day to day sales of our digital products portfolio, and achieving monthly budget goals. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships and help our clients grow their businesses.
Raycom Media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes digital desktop, mobile, targeted campaigns, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media opportunities. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily. Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, the #1 station and NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our award-winning news team.
We are seeking a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. Our next reporter in this capital city, will break stories on digital first and throughout the day. Those stories could then fall into rotation within our traditional newscasts on TV.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Traffic Specialist– WPGX FOX 28, a Raycom Media station in Panama City, Florida is seeking an organized, resourceful, detail-oriented individual to provide support to the sales management team, account executives & station clients.
Individual will work directly with clients and sales team to provide client service & delivery of commitments. We are looking for an individual to assist the team with daily support functions to include: Alerting AE's to missing instructions, entering commercial copy instructions, alerting traffic center and sales, in a timely manner, of missing commercials, liaison between traffic hub and sales management and AE's, spot management of in Wide Orbit and Automation system, creating and sending dub lists to master control/automation system, along with other duties associated with position.
Ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who works well under pressure, with good time management skills and a desire to learn more about the TV sales process. Applicants must be self-motivated and be proficient in Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with Wide Orbit TV traffic software is preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and submit cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time News Producer.
The ideal candidate will excel at writing for broadcast and have a true passion for news. Candidate must have great time management skills and perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Candidate must also have video editing experience. A successful producer is self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, lives for writing, and embraces new technology and social media. Must be a team player.
Candidate must also embrace our live, local, and late breaking brand and strive to live up to it everyday. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern or production experience a plus.
Qualified applicants who fit this description, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your writing work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a part-time News Content Specialist. The successful candidate will have training and/ or experience in television news video editing and studio production. Basic skills in news field camera operation, ENG operations, audio board, robotic systems are a plus. Writing skills for broadcast and web are very desirable. This is a great position for someone looking to start a career in news, television or web production in a large market environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV/KRHD, the ABC affiliate in Waco/Temple/Bryan, Texas seeks a highly qualified multi-platform Success Manager. The Success Manager will provide internal support to the local sales team including: creating, processing and completing insertion orders for ad placements, creating, running and compiling reports and processing creative materials, creating client presentations in Power Point.
Responsible for special projects as assigned by managers, which could include: coordinating and facilitating the creation of campaign proposals, presentations for clients or department, including traffic back up. Answering phones, prospecting cold callings; order input as needed. Maintain a working knowledge of individual account guidelines and sales systems. Monthly review of local receivables and compile reports as needed. The MPSM will also enter all digital orders into WO and into our extended network platforms and must be familiar with running monthly POP reports for campaign delivery. These individuals will be detail oriented with strong computer and organizational skills.
Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V