KCBD is looking for a Senior Digital Sales Specialist to join their sales team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things digital and work directly with clients and the entire KCBD sales staff to drive revenue for the station and provide solutions for advertisers while reporting directly to the Digital Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, self-motivated, and possess the ability to multitask under deadlines and have the aptitude to identify new digital revenue opportunities. The position requires excellent communication, organization, presentation, negotiation, and customer service skills. The SDSS will lead members of the sales team and will be responsible for driving new and incremental digital revenue for those staff members.
Responsibilities include client relations, proposal preparation and presentation, and team leadership. The SDSS will be expected to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals. An understanding of web/mobile marketing, social media, and digital commerce is essential. A minimum of two years digital sales experience or a four-year college degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Want to have FUN making LIFE CHANGING money? Come work for the NUMBER ONE media solution in Lubbock! KCBD/Raycom. Help South Plains businesses grow their revenue by offering digital and broadcast marketing solutions provided by the DOMINANT media company in The Hub City.
If you are a self-starter and enjoy the thrill of the chase, this job is for YOU! This job is all about creating new business and being financially rewarded for your efforts.
Lubbock has a college town feel with a low cost of living that you won’t find in Austin!
Come join our great team!
College degree preferred. Ongoing training is provided.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Candidate must successully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB in Baton Rouge has an immediate opening for a part-time Associate Producer. The successful candidate will edit video for newscasts and digital platforms and have the opportunity to assist with writing for those platforms.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including holidays. The shift is primarily mornings, but other dayparts may be required from time to time. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news & digital content, editing video, and production/journalism principles. Previous television experience always preferred but not required, as this is an entry level position. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online and attach your resume and link to your work. ABSOLUTELY No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTNZ Director of Technology
Director of Technology is a department–head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations.
- Supervise technical engineering and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the Raycom Media Wide Area Network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records. Required Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 10+ years technical experience, 5+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator, motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
- Facility (building) management expertise with specific experience with complex power management systems, emergency generator and heat ventilation and cooling a must.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
IT Specialist - WWBT-TV Richmond, VA seeks full-time IT Specialist to work directly with the IT Manager and technology department. IT Specialist will provide hardware and software support for all departments on multiple computer and networking platforms using a wide variety of business and broadcasting software, hardware and tools. End-user technical support skills are essential. Will handle day-to-day technical support requests, troubleshoot and maintain servers, workstations, networks and assist in maintaining all broadcast equipment in an IT environment.
Expertise with installation, support and maintenance of current OS platforms, IP networking technologies is a must. Must be team player with excellent communication and people skills who can work effectively in a fast paced 24/7 broadcasting environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 and Bounce Tallahassee are seeking a highly-motivated and career-minded Account Executive to join our professional sales team. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to interact with and influence others in a positive manner, and who is driven to generate results for local businesses and revenue for our television station.
The ideal candidate will possess strong written and oral communications skills; be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; possess excellent persuasive presentation skills; demonstrate strong prospecting, negotiating, and closing ability; have the ability to exceed budget through new and existing business development; be a creative problem-solver; understand the importance of confidentiality; have an understanding of internet and mobile marketing, social media, and internet commerce; and have the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
A college degree in marketing or related field is required. Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to be insured are also required.
KWES-TV is seeking a highly motivated experienced multi-platform (TV & Digital) account executive. The successful candidate will work with a driven and highly motivated sales team to support the local television and digital sales operations of KWES-TV. The primary responsibility will be to maximize NEW business revenue on NBC, CW, Telemundo and La Ley Radio and Newswest9.com. Responsible for revenue goals which includes developing new business by selling custom market solutions.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Persuasiveness, sales ability, motivated, results-oriented, organized, leadership skills, detail oriented. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO 7 News is recruiting a News/Content Specialist. Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting content to our digital and social media platforms. Candidate will be expected to cross train in newscast directing. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required, including nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KNIN is seeking full-time Creative Services Commercial Producer. This position requires the ideal candidate to be a self-starter with hands on knowledge and experience in all aspects of commercial production. Non-linear editing experience, shooting in studio and in the field, strong writing skills and knowledge of proper lighting techniques are a must. This person will be expected to be a team player and will work closely with sales and clients to conceptualize, write, shoot and edit commercials.
This individual will also take part in all aspects of promotion and marketing, A knowledge of digital and social media platforms and marketing is a plus. This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager. Candidate must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test. A college degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field; can be substituted for 3 years of experience in media marketing, advertising and promotion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in developing compelling content for broadcast and digital consumption
- Proficiency in editing software, including Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite Software (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 35-lbs. and stand for extended periods of time (2-8 hours) during production shoots/events in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Strong social media
An ideal candidate would also possess the following qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a broadcast television or agency production department
- Prior experience working directly with clients
- Experience in videography & cinematography
- Experience in video motion graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Software.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Do you enjoy creating something from nothing? Then we have the job for you.
Producers play a vital role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in an effective manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and Music majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WECT, the Raycom-owned NBC affiliate in the beautiful, coastal city of Wilmington North Carolina is currently seeking a dynamicleader to serve as General Manager.
Find out why Wilmington is a great place to work and live! Defined by its rich past and bright future Wilmington is a vibrant riverfront city with timeless character that has preserved its historic places, while fostering an ever-evolving independent spirit. Pristine beaches and marshlands are minutes away, their National Register Historic District is one of the largest in the U.S. and is home to the University of NC Wilmington.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Group Vice President.
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Must be the “face” of Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximize profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds upon a great station culture Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (previous General Sales Manager, News Director or General Manager experience preferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication and staff development/retention/advancement
- Current portfolio includes successful leadership and innovation on TV and digital platforms.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WTOL-TV, in Toledo, OH, is seeking a full-time Reporter/Multi-media Journalist. Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field. Previous on-air experience at a commercial TV station is required. An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to develop those stories in a compelling manner.
Necessary skills include shooting, editing and writing. Knowledge of social media and how it applies to television news is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F
WTOC in Savannah, GA is seeking an experience IT Manager with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, experience with software and hardware support, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Broadcast experience is a plus. Candidate should also have expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- primarily Windows and a familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe. Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in information technology preferred. Experience in a broadcast environment a plus. EOE- M/F/D/V
Primary responsibilities include:
- Local Area Network (LAN): responsible for configuring, maintaining, and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment. This includes implementation, configuration, planning, management, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN environment within the station. Working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing scheme. Document and understand the station’s network topology, remote access, and VPN.
- Computers: responsible for configuring, installing, managing, maintaining, updating, and integrating the computers within the station to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications. This includes purchasing computers and maintaining an updated inventory of model, make, year, and other relevant information.
- Server Administration: responsible for maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment, including Organizational Unit awareness. Adds and configures printers. Responsible for managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- Desktop Operating Systems and Applications: Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows. Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications. Ability to properly configure the network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks.
- Cellular Phones and tablets. Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Ability to configure devices for email, store and app purchases, find my device, passcodes, and other relevant parameters. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity
- Telephone System: maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems including wire and cable facilities, telephone system equipment, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems. Documentation should include PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs and cross connects, and handset models and locations.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 in New Orleans, LA is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer to write and post fresh content to our website/apps, write clickable headlines that get results and engage the FOX 8 audience through our social media channels. You must be able to create and distribute content in real time with a focus on reaching news consumers on all platforms.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a newsroom paired with strong and efficient writing skills that also have a creative flair. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, blogging and experience on a content management system.
Candidates must also have a passion for news. You should be able to thrive in busy environment and excel as part of a team while also being proficient enough to work independently. Video editing experience is preferred.
Apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Be prepared to send writing samples and proof of social media use to engage audiences. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMC Action News 5 in Memphis, Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time news producer.
The ideal candidate must be a strong writer, a clear communicator, and have solid news judgement. Our producers oversee a team of reporters and photographers, while working with our desk and executive producers. To join our team, you must understand the importance of being a multiplatform producer. We train our producers to be the company’s next managers.
Applicants must have at least two years of experience in a commercial television newsroom and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a multi-media journalist/reporter. The ideal candidate will have a strong on-air presence and excellent writing skills for on-air broadcast and digital platforms. Candidate must excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas.
We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and who is committed to upholding our live, local, and late breaking brand. This position also requires writing and creating video for our online products and social media sites. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Camera and editing experience is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your work. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB is seeking a full-time Sales Assistant/Success Manager. This position will support the local sales team with day to day operations which include data entry, work orders, reports and campaign plans. Must be proficient with computer skills and time management. Applicant should be detail oriented. Must work well in an fast moving, high volume environment. Will need to be able to create presentations and Big Ideas to local accounts. Marketing experience is a Plus but not required. Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Content Producer – KPLC-TV in Lake Charles is seeking a full-time Digital Content Producer. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, and embrace a newsroom culture that has a heavy focus on our website, social media and other digital platforms. This is the perfect position for someone wanting to join a great television station owned by Raycom Media.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. MVR and Drug screening required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL , the CBS television affiliate in Toledo, Ohio is looking for a News Content Specialist. Duties include Chyron operation and running TelePrompter and floor directing for our newscasts as well as web content producing. This is an exciting position with potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, appy online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media seeks a Training Specialist to train sales staff members on our operating systems. This position also assists the Director of Training and all trainers with project organization, training schedules, and operational tasks.
•Schedules all training classes with the stations and trainers
-Trains sellers and sales support staff on a variety of sales operating systems.
•Organizes travel arrangements of all trainees and provides detailed guidance with their trip•Updates and organizes all training materials and sends out updates to stations•Handles all food/beverage/catering for training•Maintain all office accounts payables and bills•Daily assistance to the Director•Daily assistance to the Trainers
Minimum Competencies Required: (knowledge, skills and abilities)
•Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, Photoshop•Ability to multi-task everyday•Excellent organizational skills•Excellent written skills•Ability to work efficiently with clients and office personnel•Ability to set goals and achieve them•Ability to meet deadlines
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience)
- College degree or appropriate administrative experience.
•Strategic Thinker - anticipates what needs to be done and finds a way to get it done. Makes tactical and strategic adjustments, incorporating new data.•Creative – generates new approaches to problems and innovations to established procedures.•Organization/Planning Skills -ability to prioritize and work many projects at one time. Plans, organizes, schedules in efficient, productive manner.•Independent and goal oriented – sets clear “stretch” goals for self. Displays individual initiative.•Resourcefulness – seeks out and seizes opportunities; action oriented “doer”.•Judgment/Decision Making – demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making. Ability to make sound business judgments.•Integrity – remains consistent in terms of what one says and does, and in terms of behavior toward others.•Excellent communication skills – demonstrates fluency, “quickness on one’s feet”. Composes clear, precise, well-organized correspondence and proposals. Easily articulates vision and standards.•Customer Focus – meets internal customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer. Regarded as visible and accessible by customers.•Goal Setting – sets clear, fair “stretch” goals for self and others, encouraging individual initiative.•Adaptability - flexes to new pressures; adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Location:This position is located in Charlotte, NC at our Traffic Hub / Ayrsley Complex. Qualifed applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V