Click column header to sort
WLBT, the #1 station and NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our award-winning news team.
We are seeking a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. Our next reporter in this capital city, will break stories on digital first and throughout the day. Those stories could then fall into rotation within our traditional newscasts on TV.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
WLOX, the ABC/CBS affiliate in Biloxi, MS is looking for a Senior Digital Sales Specialist to join our sales team. The ideal candidate will work directly with clients and the entire sales staff to drive revenue for the station and provide solutions for advertisers, while reporting directly to the Digital Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, self motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task under deadlines and have the aptitude to identify new digital revenue opportunities. The position requires excellent communication, organization, presentation, negotiation, and customer service skills. The SDSS will lead members of the sales team and will be responsible for driving new and incremental digital revenue.
Responsibilities include client relations, proposal preparation and presentation and team leadership. The SDSS will be expected to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals. An understanding of web/mobile marketing social media and digital commerce is essential. A minimum of two years digital sales experience or a four year degree in Business or Marketing preferred. Broadcast or competing media sales experience considered a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD NewsChannel 11 in Lubbock, TX is seeking a dynamic full-time Digital Content Producer.
We’re looking for someone to produce content for our digital and social platforms who speaks the social media language and knows how to engage and build a social media audience. This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them. The successful candidate must be creative and be an active content creator.
You must also be a top-notch digital journalist: able to write an AP-style news story for the web quickly and without errors. You must be able to learn and retain knowledge on complex processes, such as: sending out breaking news alerts, organizing content on our website and mobile app, setting up a livestream on our website and Facebook, finding and creating engaging web graphics, and more.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume, and include link to samples of your previous work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX - Account Executive
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork—just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sound too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objective and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT. The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters, confident, and all have an entrepreneurial spirit, if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV, the market-leading CBS affiliate in beautiful Savannah, GA, is looking for a Local Sales Coordinator.
The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, and have the ability to accomplish a variety of sales support tasks including creating sales presentations, communicating with clients and staff, and coordinating station events. Strong computer skills and prior broadcast experience is a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Hawaii News Now - KHNL/KGMB TV – Honolulu, HI
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii, has an immediate opening for a passionate, highly motivated, detail-oriented Accountant, to provide excellent quality services for KHNL (NBC affiliate), KGMB (CBS affiliate) and KFVE television stations. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, is a great team player, and has the ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic working environment. Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018).
- Ensure compliance with corporate credit policies
- Generate customer billings and statements
- Collect outstanding accounts receivable in efforts to control bad debt exposure; post cash receipts
- Interact with account executives and clients to research and resolve receivable, billing, and payment issues
- Prepare monthly financial closing journal entries
- Perform month end general ledger account reconciliations
- Generate month end accounts receivable and revenue reporting
- Reconcile accounts receivable to general ledger
- Reconcile daily broadcast logs
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Requirements and Key Competencies
- 4+ years accounts receivable, credit and collections, and general accounting experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting a plus
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic and Great Plains General Ledger software applications is a plus
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join our team!
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background/credit check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media Knoxville (WTNZ-TV FOX43 and Knoxville Weekend.com) in Knoxville are seeking a full-time Multimedia Sales Consultant.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about selling multi-screen marketing solutions to existing clients and will develop new clients through new business development. This individual must be a highly motivated self-starter that will hit the ground running and make things happen. Candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be organized, and possess a solid work ethic. A minimum of two years sales and marketing experience with an emphasis in broadcast media is preferred. Pre-employment drug screen, driver’s license and clean MVR required.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers). Include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX- Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client and as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants, Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional areas
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client’s advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles, and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Final candidate will successfully complete pre-employment drug screen
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Director of Marketing – KAUZ (Wichita Falls, TX) / KSWO (Lawton, OK)
Raycom Media is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead marketing efforts in the Wichita Falls, TX/Lawton, OK market. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for marketing both KSWO-TV (ABC) and KAUZ-TV (CBS/CW).
Candidates must be innovative, strategic and creative thinkers capable of protecting and promoting both brands across all screens while honoring the uniqueness of the Texas and Oklahoma audiences and interests. The candidate must be a leader, coach and trainer with a proven track record as a television marketing director. The DM works closely with the 7 News and Newschannel 6 news teams to create image and topical promotion. The candidate will oversee art and graphic design as well as create and implement social and digital marketing strategies. The DM works closely with both sales departments to help develop and execute revenue-generating ideas. The DM will also oversee all commercial production. Candidate must be a strong writer with exceptional interpersonal skills.
The DM is responsible for all marketing strategies and brand management, as well as handling public relations and community-related activities. Candidate will be an effective communicator. He/She must foster a vibrant and positive work environment by leading and teaching a staff of marketing producers. Candidate must develop and execute effective on-air and on-line research-based strategic marketing plans, meet deadlines, and have strong attention to detail/good follow-through. Candidate must have a solid grasp of budgeting for all aspects of the marketing and creative services and should be able to edit on computer assisted non-linear editing systems. Candidate will work closely with the General Managers of both stations and will office in Lawton, OK.
Qualified applicants, please apply online at kswo.com or the Raycom Media Career site and attach your cover letter and resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD-TV, the CBS affiliate in Tucson, Arizona is hiring a full-time Meteorologist/Reporter or Weather Reporter for our successful morning broadcasts. We have the unpredicatable monsoon, dangerous heat, flash floods, lightning shows and sunsets to die for in the desert!
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate his or her ability to energetically deliver an informative and compelling weather story, focusing on the DMA with particular attention to its largest population centers. We are hyper-local, focused on social media, and forecasting for life-style activities and events.
As our Weekday Morning Meteorologist/Reporter (or Weather Anchor) you will deliver forecasts five days a week on KOLD (CBS) morning broadcasts between 4:30-7:00am and also on KMSB (FOX) between 7:00-9:00am. Responsibilities will also include some midday broadcasts.
You should be very familiar with the major social media platforms and will interact daily with our viewers via social media, and especially during severe and other major weather events. You will also contribute video content for the station's First Alert Weather App and our web site.
In addition, you may from time to time fill in on our other newscasts as well as deliver live reports from the field on breaking weather coverage. As a member of our weather team you will assist in creating high-quality weather shows, including prepping forecasts and creating graphics for yourself and other members of the weather team. Community appearances will also be included.
Preference will be given to a candidate who has:
A meteorology or similar degree, or is on an academic path to earn such a degree.
Experience as an on-air forecaster in a small market or university television station.
Experience with the WSI MAX weather system, or alternatively another television weather computer system.
The ability to work well with others and under pressure as well as tight deadlines.
and who can be on time for any shifts assigned, which may include days, nights, early mornings, and weekends.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your demo reel. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
KFVS-TV is seeking a dynamic, intelligent, creative and energetic team player to join our Sales Force in a vibrant, growing market in Southern Illinois. Experience in media sales or a related field is a plus, but not required. The winning candidate will be expected to achieve budget goals, service existing accounts, develop new business and implement advertising solutions for our clients utilizing all of our available platforms. Candidates should possess good marketing instincts, along with excellent communication and closing skills. College degree in business, sales or marketing preferred. Great income potential and benefits package. Previous sales experience is a plus.
If you have what it takes to be the newest member of the KFVS Sales team, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record. No phone calls or emails please. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
Are you an aggressive, goal-orientated person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? WTOC-TV, the CBS affiliate location in beautiful Savannah, GA is looking for a Media Sales Consultant.
The MSC Position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers.
A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
- Must be enthusiastic, self driven, self-motivated, confident and strong prospecting/hunter skills.
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business, as assigned.
Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V