KSWO 7 News, the Raycom Media affiliate at Tornado Alley's front door, has a rare opening on our meteorology team in Lawton, OK.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for two stations, KSWO and KAUZ, in Southwest Oklahoma and North Texas.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers weekend shifts, vacations by the Chief and morning meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA - Maintenance Engineer
KFDA is seeking a full-time Maintenance Engineer. Qualified applicant will have experience in the design, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. This includes microwave, satellite, video servers and broadcast digital equipment.
Candidate must exhibit an advanced knowledge of broadcast electronics, analog and digital technology, computers, LAN/WAN networks, station automation, digital UHF transmitters, related microwave and other RF equipment. Candidate should be familiar with SD/HD digital TV formats, ATSC encoders and be able to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest related technologies and FCC rules and regulations.
Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment, work at heights. Must be able to use Microsoft products. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter and a team player. Formal electronics/IT education or military electronics/IT training preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Racom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
News Producer - NBC12, Richmond’s No. 1 news organization has immediate opening for creative, dynamic News Producer. Successful candidate must be strong writer, energetic, self motivated and strong leader. No show stackers…just experienced leader with vision and skills to develop content.
Qualified applicants, apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM - Media Sales Consultant
- The Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), will focus on hunting, meeting and servicing multiple clients to present custom-built marketing solutions using the strongest local media products available.
- Hunting for new business and using professional presentations, developed in consultation with your Success Manager, Media Planner, and Digital Team to sell specific, targeted, and measurable solutions for clients looking to market and grow their business.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the client’s business, objectives and goals by servicing and continual face to face meetings.
- Effectively manages the sale, from pitch to close, to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Sell and participate in all sales initiatives and projects.
- Collect thorough CNA notes and effectively communicate the information to the rest of their team as well as provide detailed requests for proposals so that a complete and effective campaign can be created for our clients.
- Provide all in-office communication during the first and last few hours of each day. All other times are expected to be in field.
- Manage and oversee all sales projects. Your office team will conduct the brunt of the work. In the end, the MSC is responsible for the final presentation and to ensure it is complete 24 hours before the client meeting.
- Manage and continually work your account list, prospect as well as active clients.
- As a consultant. the MSC is to become an industry expert including knowing all the products and services we offer, market competitive and market data.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of outside sales experience, presenting solutions to customers. If this experience is in marketing/advertising, this is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers to close the sale.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- A quick grasp of selling dynamics, an outgoing personality and the ability to adjust to the client’s environment and determine their needs.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Experience with system such as Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales, and Wide Orbit Traffic is a plus if experience was in marketing/advertising.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, especially in time management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients’ needs in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field is a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has an immediate opening for a newscast director.
The successful candidate works well under pressure and collaborates with producers and managers to execute fast-paced, graphically intense, multiple live shot and visually appealing newscasts. Hands-on working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, Chyron, Precis, Edius, LiveU and PhotoShop are a must. Director must also have working knowledge of audio board, studio equipment, cameras, video editing and digital platform production. The successful candidate is also a team leader who cooperates and gives clear direction to everyone involved in the production of our news products.
If qualified, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT - Digital Sales Specialist
This self-motivated, energetic individual must have a drive for success. Responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio, and achieving monthly budget goals. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships.
Raycom media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes digital desktop, mobile, targeted campaigns, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media opportunities. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily. Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Do you enjoy creating something from nothing? Then News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX has the job for you!
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is recruiting a morning newscast producer for KAUZ in Wichita Falls.
Producers play a vital role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day on all 7 News platforms: TV, apps, and social media. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in a timley, impactful manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and History majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft.
Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you. Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE FOX 8 in New Orleans is looking for an experienced, aggressive, motivating leader with strong editorial and personal skills to manage growing newscasts. Must have strong journalistic ethics.
Responsible for the overall vision, production quality and editorial content for all multimedia news platforms on a day to day basis with a concentration on broadcast. Lead producers in selecting relevant content for news broadcasts, and other platforms as assigned. Must be a creative and strong multimedia writer who can approve scripts and graphics for various platforms. Coordinate with the production, engineering, and IT teams to ensure creative and clean shows. Collaborate on special events planning. Must be proficient in editing and a strong knowledge in the latest in multimedia technologies. Responsible for coaching and leading a team of producers. Assist with the hiring of employees. Perform performance evaluations for assigned employees. Will produce newscasts as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working as a producer or 2-3 years as a news manager.
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit a resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Part-Time Digital Media Producer - WWSB ABC7, Sarasota, FL
ABC7 WWSB-TV Sarasota is looking for a part-time Digital Media Producer to write and post fresh content to our website, mysuncoast.com, write clickable headlines that get results and engage the ABC7 audience through our social media channels. You must have a 'Digital First' mentality.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a newsroom paired with strong and efficient writing skills that also have a creative flair. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, You Tube, blogging and experience on a content management system. You should be able to thrive in busy environment and excel as part of a team while also being proficient enough to work independently. This is a great stepping stone to a possible full-time position on the ABC7 team.
Apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Be prepared to send writing samples and proof of social media use to engage audiences. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB in Baton Rouge is in search of a Social Media Producer. A dedicated expert who can set direction for WAFB’s social strategies. This role will craft and implement best practices as well as educate and train team members on new methods and emerging technologies.
An ideal candidate should be able to ‘listen’ to the WAFB social audience while exhibiting a full understanding of the station’s social voice. Candidates will possess analytics skills and experience working with social media monitoring and management tools for social publishing and reporting.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record for creating effective posts using; photos, graphics and videos that create engagement, web referrals and television viewing. Essential skills include an adaptable writing style for multiple social outputs and maintaining active personal Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram accounts at a minimum. Graphic design skills and video shooting/editing experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree with prior experience producing custom social content and managing brand social accounts, preferably in sports, news or entertainment is preferred.
If you are interested in this position, apply online Raycom Careers site and attach your resume with cover letter.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE3, the NBC affiliate and a leader in local digital content in Louisville, KY is seeking a talented, creative and motivated Senior Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team in Louisville, KY.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for developing digital revenue by working with the Local Sales Team and their clients. Working with members of the core sales staff, the Senior DSS confers with local, regional and national businesses to understand their digital marketing and advertising needs, creating custom tailored solutions that meet the client's goals, with on-going consultation regarding the performance of their campaigns, while adhering to all company policies, procedures and codes of business ethics.
The Senior DSS will also independently develop new digital business, and will have quarterly and annual budget goals. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of proven digital sales experience and be energetic, self-motivated and have a deep understanding of digital advertising and digital services, including Programmatic and Behavioral Targeting, OTT, SEM, SEO, E-Mail Marketing, and Social Media Management. The position further requires excellent communication, organization, negotiation, presentation and customer service skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising,business or equivalent combination of education and experience is also required.
Full-time position with a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, 401k, health/dental/vision/life insurance. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WVUE - Digital Sales Specialist
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets. This is a base plus commission position with unlimited earnings for the the right candidate.
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Sales Specialist will be responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. Our Digital Sales Specialist will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
- Consistently prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- Package, present and sell WVUE digital products to meet sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing.
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently achieve high activity levels in new business development to grow market share.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
- Report routinely to the DSM on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience in communicating audience based marketing solutions.
- Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
- Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
- Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive initiatives for change.
- Competitive personality and direct sales skills a must.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel and the internet is essential.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line by submitting your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug testing and Motor vehicle record required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is looking for northeast Ohio’s first digital breaking news anchor. Our candidate will write and front breaking stories from around the world on all of our digital platforms plus traditional newscasts as assigned. Applicants must have a minimum of one year experience in a television market.
The candidate must be a good, creative writer who is able to produce content for digital platforms and television broadcasts. Experience with newsroom computer systems is preferred. We are looking for a strong, positive leader both in and out of the newsroom. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing and posting multiple stories throughout the day. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KWES - Administrative Assistant
Director of First Impressions:
Are you an unusually organized person? Do you have all your friends’ and family members’ birthdays in your calendar? Do you have a servant’s heart? Do you especially love helping other people get organized? If you answered yes to these questions, please read on….
About the Position:
NewsWest 9 is looking for a support representative to deliver unparalleled service to our callers, guests, and team members. At the core, you will schedule calls, manage calendars, and complete general administrative tasks. This is critical role to the success of the station and its partners
The perfect candidate is:
- Positive (glass is half-full)
- Pursues personal growth
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with change (every day will be different)
- Enjoys the sales world
- Has a great sense of humor (takes work seriously, not yourself)
- MS Office suite
- Ability to take direction and make decisions
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Is motivated by helping others succeed
- Has demonstrated the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects at once
About the Work:
Here is an example of the type of work you will do:
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
- Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
- Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
- Maintain organized filing systems
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV, Central Texas News Now, is looking for an experienced journalist to help lead our evening coverage in Bell County and beyond. Curiosity, creativity, and experience required. If you’re wrapping up your first TV news job and you’re looking for a move up, we may ready to help you write the next chapter in your career.
This full-time Reporter/MMJ position is based in our Killeen newsroom. We’re intent on live reports, compelling stories, and a pursuit of excellence in all we do. Digital content delivery is a must-have skill. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Apply online, attach your resume & reel link, and tell us why you want to join the team. ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB-Digital Content Manager
ABC7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is looking for a Digital Content Manager to join the newsroom leadership team. This person will be responsible for developing and executing digital content tactics from a Content Core & Real Time Distribution strategy. The Digital Content Manager will directly supervise a team of producers, will work collaboratively within the News/Content Department and with other departments to educate the staff and will produce and coordinate a wide range of digital content across multiple platforms. Being a team player, a leader and an innovator is a must for this fast-paced and exciting opportunity. This is not an entry-level position.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems; previous Frankly CMS experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms, tactics and strategies
- Knowledge of current digital platforms including OTT, mobile and web-based products
- Experience in a 24/7 news environment including experience making editorial decisions
- Strong writing, presentation and video skills; previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Edius preferred
- Troubleshooting skills including experience working with remote vendor customer service and support teams
- Understanding digital audience analytics; preferably experience with Google Analytics data
The successful candidate should also have a track record of innovation and have sufficient confidence to experiment in the evolving segment of our business.
If you are interested in this position, apply online and attach your resume with cover letter. Candidate must be able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
RTM Productions - Outside Media Sales Consultant
Are you an overachiever and can prove it? Come build an empire within our company!
RTM Productions is seeking a Outside Media Sales Consultant. The ideal candidate must be a top producing superstar who is self-motivated with strong work ethic. The position requires strong prospecting, communicating, presenting and closing skills.
With leading DIY shows such POWERNATION, DETROIT MUSCLE and many others, we reach over 115 Million TV viewers annually. Our Digital Distribution reaches over 3 Million Social Followers, 250,000 App downloads, and 200+Original Digital Episodes every year.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Prospecting and Schmoozing the mid-market over the phone, in person or at trade shows.
- Gain a strong level of proficiency in all products, including the target buyer, product positioning, features and benefits.
- Strong ability in uncovering pain or need in prospective customers while maintaining a strong relationship
- Operating in a Strong team environment:
What we need you to bring to the table:
- Proven track record of exceeding quota (provide 6 figure W2)
- Overachiever who exceeds expectations in everything you do (top 10%)
- Success penetrating new markets and closing new business
- Ability to clearly articulate why you are a superstar
- Agency Relationships
We absolutely love coming into work every day! We will give you all the tools necessary to be successful in your role while representing a strong brand that is part of Raycom Media!
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC. is seeking a full-time Marketing Producer for KAUZ-TV in Wichita Falls, TX.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with hands on knowledge and experience in the production field. Non-linear editing experience is a must, (Adobe Premiere preferred) experience shooting in studio and in the field, strong writing skills and knowledge of proper lighting techniques. This person will be expected to be a team player and take part in all aspects of promotion and marketing, work closely with sales and clients to conceptualize, write, shoot and edit commercials. This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test. A college degree or equivalent is preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V