Click column header to sort
WLOX is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist. Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Assistant Chief Engineer
WWBT-TV Richmond, VA seeks full-time Assistant Chief Engineer.
Responsibilities include supervising broadcast engineering staff, project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all television station equipment. Minimum 4 years experience in broadcast engineering or related field and proficiency with Windows OS, applications, and networking required. Advanced electronics education or military electronics training a plus. Must be a team player with excellent communication and people skills.
Qualified applicants only apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Attach resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Creative Digital Storytellers Wanted. Are you passionate about creating new forms of digital storytelling? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area and create engaging stories and videos? If so, we want you to join our team.
WLBT 3 On Your Side is looking for a creative storyteller to join our new digital initiative. She/he will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly and will split their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content as necessary. We are looking for people who are great to work with and highly motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in film, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premier, Photoshop
- Demo reel is required
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines.
- Experienced in still photography preferred but not required
- Must be energetic, positive and great to work with
- Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
Evenings and some weekends may be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS- Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Engineering Manager in the management of building and equipment maintenance, manage building environmental and structural components, and ensure proper maintenance of broadcast equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor will also help maintain the broadcast chain, ENG/RF systems, and encoding systems. This person will directly oversee maintenance engineers and guide them in completion of their duties and reaching department performance goals.
Summary of essential job functions:
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee and assist in the performance of the following engineering functions by maintenance engineers.
- Maintain television and digital production technology, facilities and equipment for the company. Assist in maintenance of the IT network, switches, work stations, laptops and printers.
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance.
- Assist with system integration and modification of TV/IT systems, and communicate with other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues.
- Assist in maintenance of company servers and computer equipment. Work with corporate IT as needed to maintain performance.
- Assist in monitoring of facility’s environmental and security systems.
Minimum requirements and abilities:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- At least 15 years’ experience as a technical engineer in broadcast or related industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, must be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with video cameras, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems, editing systems.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a dynamic, intelligent, creative and energetic team player to join our Sales Force in a vibrant, growing market in Southeast Missouri. Experience in media sales or a related field is a plus, but not required. The winning candidate will be expected to achieve budget goals, service existing accounts, develop new business and implement advertising solutions for our clients utilizing all of our available platforms. Candidates should possess good marketing instincts, along with excellent communication and closing skills. College degree in business, sales or marketing preferred. Great income potential and benefits package. Previous sales experience is a plus.
If you have what it takes to be the newest member of the KFVS Sales team, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online and attach resume. Must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX - Transactional Multi-Media Sales Consultants
The successful Transactional MSC will be motivated, detail oriented and someone that has dealt with advertising agencies. This position would be dealing with many transactional spot television clients. This position requires the ability to be highly organized, an effective communicator able to build relationships through phone and email.
The T-MSC must have a working knowledge of Digital advertising and the opportunities the multiple platforms represent.
Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goal.
Maintain strong working relationships with clients.
Represent a favorable station image.
Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
Experience in Wide orbit Traffic, Wide obit Media Sales and Matrix
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV in Savannah, GA is looking for an experienced Reporter/Anchor. The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong passion for breaking news and digital coverage.
Candidate must also have a great work ethic, enjoy storytelling, and be committed to upholding our brand. This position also includes turning additional content during sweeps periods and the occasional opportunity to fill in for other anchors on different newscasts. The right individual will have at least 2 years of experience as an MMJ/anchor at a Television station. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field is required.
Qualified applicants with prior TV newsroom experience, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. NO phone calls please. EOE-M//F/D/V
WLOX - News/Content Specialist
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best- sell, sell, SELL! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork- just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sound too good to be true--it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers.A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objective and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactic and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together, it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Consultants are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters, confident, and all have an entrepreneurial spirit, if this sounds like you we invite you to apply today!
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred
Qualified applicants apply on-line and attache resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBRC FOX6, WBRC.com and BOUNCE TV is greatly expanding its sales force, inside sales support team, digital experts and resources our clients want and need in the fast-changing media and digital sales landscape. This expansion creates fresh and exciting job opportunities in a variety of newly crafted sales positions: all designed to reward the individual and offer a variety of paths for professional growth within Raycom Media in the area of on-air and digital media sales.
WBRC has a specially tailored sales opportunity for a multi-platform advertising account executive, known as a Media Sales Consultant (MSC).
This financially rewarding commission sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus almost solely on selling advertising solutions.
The MSC will be partnered with their own account Success Manager as well as by an unparalleled sales support system that include an Analytics Director solely devoted to the sales effort, senior Digital Sales Specialists and other services. The seller chosen for this vital position will work to insure the success of the client’s advertising campaign on our top-rated local television station and on our heavily trafficked digital solutions including mobile, apps, desktop and OTT.
The optimal candidate for the position of Media Sales Consultant is a performance driven, proven seller who knows how to use analytical tools we will provide to influence decision-makers and close the sale. If you are a closer, with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this unusual and highly profitable opportunity.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Reporter/Anchor - WWBT, Richmond’s #1 news organization, seeks a reporter/MMJ to anchor its First Alert/breaking news desk during its morning show.
Successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task in the moment on multiple platforms and pivot quickly when the news changes. Strong on air, live performance and news gathering skills a must. The leading candidate will also be required to produce content and franchises for other dayparts and platforms.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and links to your work at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug Screen and MVR check required. EOE M/F/D/V.
WLBT, Raycom Media's NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Producer to join our news team. This person will work with our investigative reporter and the assignments desk. The right person will be a strong journalist with great organizational skills, storytelling, photography and ability to help data mine content.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Conducting computer assisted research
- Organizing data and finding stories within spreadsheets and databases
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Shooting, writing and editing stories for television and digital platforms
- Developing sources within the community to learn about important issues
- Working with anchors and photographers on targeted special reports
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement and find sources and stories
Experienced journalists only. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, references and a link to recent work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV - IT/Maintenance Engineer
Qualified applicant will have experience in the design, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety IT Technology equipment and broadcast equipment. Work experience in information technology (IT). Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals. Software and hardware support, troubleshooting skills. Knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- Windows, Linux, OS X. Familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Also prefer experience in the maintenance of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. This includes microwave, satellite, video servers. Candidate should exhibit knowledge of broadcast electronics, analog and digital technology, station automation, TV transmitters and related microwave equipment. Candidate should be familiar with SD/HD digital TV formats, ATSC encoders and be able to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest related technologies. Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and work at heights. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV is seeking a highly motivated multi-platform Account Executive to join our sales team to be based in our Killeen, Texas office. The successful candidate will be driven and highly self-motivated with a desire to grow local businesses. The successful candidate will also have a strong track record of business development with experience in broadcast sales highly preferred. Must have a strong sense of urgency, be highly organized, and must be able to quickly adapt to a fast pace environment.
A bachelor’s degree is highly preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Sales Specialist (DSS) WFLX-TV is seeking an entry-level Digital Sales Specialist (DSS). Maximizing all of our digital, mobile, and social media assets is the primary objective. Your thorough knowledge and understanding of web marketing and operations as well as the ability to generate New Business are the keys to a competitive compensation package and a great working environment – in West Palm Beach!
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sales/Admin Assistant/HR Coordinator WTXL Television is looking for a highly organized and energetic person to join WTXL as a Sales/Admin Assistant and HR Coordinator to the station.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting job openings internally and externally
- Processing paperwork as it relates to Human Resources
- Work with Department Heads regarding HR issues and other station matters
- Maintaining the station's Public File, which includes quarterly filing of the Children's Report with the FCC
- Providing quarterly program schedules to Corporate office, and updating program schedules as necessary
- Providing administrative support to the General Manager and General Sales Manager
- Assist in Sales where needed
- Providing back-up to the Traffic Department
- Ability to multi-task is a must! Ideal candidate will be able to prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously, with ability to immediately shift focus if need arises
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Other Duties as assigned
Qualified applicants need to possess strong time management skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
RTM Productions - Outside Media Sales Consultant
Are you an overachiever and can prove it? Come build an empire within our company!
RTM Productions is seeking a Outside Media Sales Consultant. The ideal candidate must be a top producing superstar who is self-motivated with strong work ethic. The position requires strong prospecting, communicating, presenting and closing skills.
With leading DIY shows such POWERNATION, DETROIT MUSCLE and many others, we reach over 115 Million TV viewers annually. Our Digital Distribution reaches over 3 Million Social Followers, 250,000 App downloads, and 200+Original Digital Episodes every year.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Prospecting and Schmoozing the mid-market over the phone, in person or at trade shows.
- Gain a strong level of proficiency in all products, including the target buyer, product positioning, features and benefits.
- Strong ability in uncovering pain or need in prospective customers while maintaining a strong relationship
- Operating in a Strong team environment:
What we need you to bring to the table:
- Proven track record of exceeding quota (provide 6 figure W2)
- Overachiever who exceeds expectations in everything you do (top 10%)
- Success penetrating new markets and closing new business
- Ability to clearly articulate why you are a superstar
- Agency Relationships
We absolutely love coming into work every day! We will give you all the tools necessary to be successful in your role while representing a strong brand that is part of Raycom Media!
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Raycom Media is looking for Graphic Designers to join our corporate Digital Studio in Charlotte, NC. Successful candidates will be responsible for producing cross-platform digital campaigns for a defined group of advertisers on Raycom's digital platforms. Must be organized and deadline-oriented with the ability to work smarter using the latest digital design tools and workflows.
- Adobe Creative Suite applications: Photoshop, Adobe Edge, Dreamweaver and Illustrator a must
- Understanding of digital traffic systems, particularly DFP/DFP Studio is a plus
- Familiarity with Doubleclick Studio with an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and basic web coding
- Organization to maintain digital file management system
- Well versed in cross-platform and rich media ad specs
- Experience developing social media contests and promotions
- Customer Service Skills
A college degree or minimum 2 years work experience preferred. This is a great opportunity for energetic, ambitious designers to gain valuable experience and quickly grow their careers.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and submit resume with salary requirements, and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
PRODUCT MANAGER – OTT & THE SOUTHERN WEEKEND
The Product Manager, OTT & The Southern Weekend is responsible for the development, execution and management of two strategic and exciting product lines for Raycom Media. OTT consists in all ‘Over-The-Top’ applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, deployed across all Raycom Media local television stations. The Product Manager will also lead all product & project efforts for The Southern Weekend, a video-centric lifestyle brand deployed in an increasing number of Raycom Media markets across desktop, mobile, social media, and OTT.
Working collaboratively with Content, Marketing, and Technology teams, the Product Manager will define and prioritize product features based on business and user needs, in support of the development of business relationships with key distributors. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, be skilled in execution & project management, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a deep understanding of all digital platforms. He/she is able to work with of a diverse group of local television stations, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product/project management. The Manager is ultimately responsible for creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups.
- Research, analyze, recommend and oversee the development and execution of new product sets based on user and advertiser needs, and use inputs to develop innovative product solutions.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Perform competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and product road map.
- Participate in the design of budgets, establish priorities and allocate departmental resources.
- Deliver compelling reporting dashboards to all functional groups of the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget & within scope
- Manage through the entire product lifecycle and ensure ongoing operational excellence
- At least 5 years successful business experience in the management, execution and implementation of new products required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the digital marketplace; experience with OTT and video products strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in this or other relevant field required; MBA degree preferred.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers and users, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside vendors to achieve common goals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and senior executives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving within organized framework to deliver products that exceed consumer expectations.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Ability to own and drive priorities independently
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Dedication to product excellence.
- Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of team members.
- Team player.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a Success Manager to be a part of our winning team! Hawaii News Now is looking for someone to join our fun and forward-thinking company. We are looking for somebody who sees the glass half full, who is eager to learn, who likes to have fun and most importantly, who wants to win.
The Success Manager is an essential member of a team responsible for retaining revenue for our broadcast and digital properties by maximizing current client relationships and assisting in developing new partnerships with local businesses. This role is a mix of customer service, campaign management and inside sales. In this role, you will support and collaborate with the Account Executives, serving as a secondary point of contact for our clients, as well as project manager; maintaining and optimizing campaigns. Additionally, you will work to prospect and set new business meetings for your team.
This position will work in support of a small team of Account Executives and report to the Local Sales Manager.
Traits and Skills
- Propensity to take on tasks and see them through the very end
- Known for getting the job done well
- Confident when talking to new people or asking tough questions
- Thrives in a team atmosphere
- Talented user and learner of new technology tools, software and systems
- Great at presentations using a tool like PowerPoint
- Enjoys being creative
- Great listener
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Curious and excited about marketing and media
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Interested? Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screening required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V