Click column header to sort
Sales/Admin Assistant/HR Coordinator WTXL Television is looking for a highly organized and energetic person to join WTXL as a Sales/Admin Assistant and HR Coordinator to the station.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting job openings internally and externally
- Processing paperwork as it relates to Human Resources
- Work with Department Heads regarding HR issues and other station matters
- Maintaining the station's Public File, which includes quarterly filing of the Children's Report with the FCC
- Providing quarterly program schedules to Corporate office, and updating program schedules as necessary
- Providing administrative support to the General Manager and General Sales Manager
- Assist in Sales where needed
- Providing back-up to the Traffic Department
- Ability to multi-task is a must! Ideal candidate will be able to prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously, with ability to immediately shift focus if need arises
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Other Duties as assigned
Qualified applicants need to possess strong time management skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
PRODUCT MANAGER – OTT & THE SOUTHERN WEEKEND
The Product Manager, OTT & The Southern Weekend is responsible for the development, execution and management of two strategic and exciting product lines for Raycom Media. OTT consists in all ‘Over-The-Top’ applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, deployed across all Raycom Media local television stations. The Product Manager will also lead all product & project efforts for The Southern Weekend, a video-centric lifestyle brand deployed in an increasing number of Raycom Media markets across desktop, mobile, social media, and OTT.
Working collaboratively with Content, Marketing, and Technology teams, the Product Manager will define and prioritize product features based on business and user needs, in support of the development of business relationships with key distributors. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, be skilled in execution & project management, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a deep understanding of all digital platforms. He/she is able to work with of a diverse group of local television stations, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product/project management. The Manager is ultimately responsible for creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups.
- Research, analyze, recommend and oversee the development and execution of new product sets based on user and advertiser needs, and use inputs to develop innovative product solutions.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Perform competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and product road map.
- Participate in the design of budgets, establish priorities and allocate departmental resources.
- Deliver compelling reporting dashboards to all functional groups of the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget & within scope
- Manage through the entire product lifecycle and ensure ongoing operational excellence
- At least 5 years successful business experience in the management, execution and implementation of new products required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the digital marketplace; experience with OTT and video products strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in this or other relevant field required; MBA degree preferred.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers and users, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside vendors to achieve common goals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and senior executives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving within organized framework to deliver products that exceed consumer expectations.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Ability to own and drive priorities independently
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Dedication to product excellence.
- Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of team members.
- Team player.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create video, social media, and digital content which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting digital producers to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create engaging news, information and lifestyle content which will be distributed to our television stations, digital brands, and social media channels
- Collaborate with senior producers, analytics experts and our social media team to ensure we are telling engaging stories which are seen by the most people possible
The ideal candidate
- Has strong editorial judgement, writing and digital storytelling skills
- Is equally comfortable creating engaging video, social media and text content
- Can work with a sense of urgency and on deadline
- Is familiar with digital editing, CMS tools
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, television/film or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Is great to work with. We mean this.
Here’s some information about us
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media is a growing team of nearly 5,000 people, dedicated to our communities and great story telling while providing marketing solutions for our clients. With more than 65 television stations and digital brands, we bring news and information to consumers in 44 markets across 20 states every single day across multiple platforms. Our Pure Cars team, based out of Atlanta and Charleston, is the digital leader in automotive advertising solutions. Tupelo-Raycom, is our exciting sports and entertainment production group based in New York and Indianapolis. In Charlotte, you will find Raycom Sports, a production, marketing and events management team, second to none. Then just outside of Nashville, RTM Productions is revving things up as our innovative automotive programming and marketing company. Last but not least, your home for food, travel and lifestyle content in the South, The Southern Weekend, based in Atlanta.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V