Click column header to sort
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, is looking for a full time Producer. Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts. Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important. Only optimistic attitudes who really understand the team approach need apply.
We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision. Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist. This position reports directly to the Digital Sales Manager and is responsible for developing digital revenue by working with TV account executives and their clients. By working in concert with members of the core sales staff, the Senior DSS consults with local, regional and national businesses to understand their digital marketing and advertising needs. The Senior DSS will then create custom tailored solutions that are designed, implemented and executed for the client’s success.
An ideal candidate would have a good working knowledge of our digital products, excellent proposal preparation and execution plus strong presentation skills. The Senior DSS will also have the ability to develop new digital business in the marketplace using all our digital platforms. The Senior DSS will have quarterly and annual budget goals. A minimum of two years for digital sales is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
PRODUCT MANAGER – OTT & THE SOUTHERN WEEKEND
The Product Manager, OTT & The Southern Weekend is responsible for the development, execution and management of two strategic and exciting product lines for Raycom Media. OTT consists in all ‘Over-The-Top’ applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, deployed across all Raycom Media local television stations. The Product Manager will also lead all product & project efforts for The Southern Weekend, a video-centric lifestyle brand deployed in an increasing number of Raycom Media markets across desktop, mobile, social media, and OTT.
Working collaboratively with Content, Marketing, and Technology teams, the Product Manager will define and prioritize product features based on business and user needs, in support of the development of business relationships with key distributors. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, be skilled in execution & project management, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a deep understanding of all digital platforms. He/she is able to work with of a diverse group of local television stations, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product/project management. The Manager is ultimately responsible for creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups.
- Research, analyze, recommend and oversee the development and execution of new product sets based on user and advertiser needs, and use inputs to develop innovative product solutions.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Perform competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and product road map.
- Participate in the design of budgets, establish priorities and allocate departmental resources.
- Deliver compelling reporting dashboards to all functional groups of the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget & within scope
- Manage through the entire product lifecycle and ensure ongoing operational excellence
- At least 5 years successful business experience in the management, execution and implementation of new products required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the digital marketplace; experience with OTT and video products strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in this or other relevant field required; MBA degree preferred.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers and users, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside vendors to achieve common goals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and senior executives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving within organized framework to deliver products that exceed consumer expectations.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Ability to own and drive priorities independently
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Dedication to product excellence.
- Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of team members.
- Team player.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD, the #1 station in Lubbock, is seeking a part time Assistant News Specialist to join our team. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and eager to learn all positions within our production department. This is an entry level position with our Daybreak morning team, however some experience in television production or comparable education is preferred. Training will be provided.
- Operate studio cameras for live and recorded programming
- Assist department in studio management, lighting, and set construction
- Operate Chyron graphics for live and recorded programming
- Operate audio console for live and recorded programming
- Edit and file video to website and video servers for newscasts
- Must be eager to learn and a team player
- Some heavy lifting required
- Valid driver’s license as some travel may be required
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a Success Manager to be a part of our winning team! Hawaii News Now is looking for someone to join our fun and forward-thinking company. We are looking for somebody who sees the glass half full, who is eager to learn, who likes to have fun and most importantly, who wants to win.
The Success Manager is an essential member of a team responsible for retaining revenue for our broadcast and digital properties by maximizing current client relationships and assisting in developing new partnerships with local businesses. This role is a mix of customer service, campaign management and inside sales. In this role, you will support and collaborate with the Account Executives, serving as a secondary point of contact for our clients, as well as project manager; maintaining and optimizing campaigns. Additionally, you will work to prospect and set new business meetings for your team.
This position will work in support of a small team of Account Executives and report to the Local Sales Manager.
Traits and Skills
- Propensity to take on tasks and see them through the very end
- Known for getting the job done well
- Confident when talking to new people or asking tough questions
- Thrives in a team atmosphere
- Talented user and learner of new technology tools, software and systems
- Great at presentations using a tool like PowerPoint
- Enjoys being creative
- Great listener
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Curious and excited about marketing and media
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Interested? Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screening required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV – Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), Hawaii’s dominant news organization and premier multimedia company has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence, and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated, and a high-achiever with excellent communications skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Driving new television and digital sales, as well as up-selling existing key accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license, and clean driving abstract. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or advertising.
- Experience in television, digital, or media industry.
- Experience in new Business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resumé. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Our NBC Affiliate KPLC Lake Charles are looking for ROCK STAR Account Executives to join our growing team. We look for candidates who can have a measurable impact on our growing business.
You are a point person that provides day-to-day support to KPLC NBC TV clients and keeping them informed of opportunities in an ever-changing media landscape. We need an eager self-starter who can client interface and exceed their expectations with outstanding service and stellar performance. Our Account Executives support client efforts to scale and optimize performance marketing advertising campaigns to achieve volume and ROI goals, while driving our bottom line revenue.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Ability to sell and develop partnerships
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communications skill
- Strong time management
- A College degree in marketing or a related field.
- Excellent sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Multimedia sales experience is preferred but not required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Inside Sales Representative-Call Center
Raycom, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest broadcasters and owns and/or provides services for 64 television stations in 36 markets and 18 states. Raycom stations cover 14% of U.S. television households and employ nearly 3,800 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom owns Raycom Sports (a marketing, production and events management and distribution company in Charlotte, NC) and Tupelo-Honey Productions (a Sports and Entertainment Production company based in New York), as well as Broadview Media (a post production/digital signage company based in Montgomery).
***VERY REWARDING HOURLY + COMMISSION PLAN + BONUSES***If you are a highly motivated and persuasive individual and you are interested in a rewarding job in sales, join the Raycom family! We are looking for, and have an ongoing need for, part-time Inside Sales Representatives to work in our Call Center to provide Digital Media sales and lead generation for a number of TV stations nationally. One of the primary focuses as an Inside Sales Representative will include contacting businesses to verify information and establish an advertising relationship. This is an on-site call center position, located at WIS Television, and the majority of your time will be spent on business development and revenue generation. Job Responsibilities:As an Inside Sales Representative, you will contact businesses throughout the country to educate them on Digital marketing solutions with our television group and establish a long-term business relationship. Most of your time will be spent making outbound calls with the occasional inbound call. Job responsibilities also include managing a call list and order fulfillment with a simple online insertion order process. Additional responsibilities for the Inside Sales Representative includes:
- Prospecting businesses from a variety of sources and following up as needed
- Track and record your prospecting efforts
- Making outbound calls to businesses and establishing a relationship, and educating the prospective client on Digital Media marketing solutions
- Entering all documentation into a computer during calls, verifying information thoroughly to ensure accuracy, and submitting that information
- Establishing a rapport with customers and walking them through sales and/or registration processes
- Meeting or exceeding all sales and performance goals
- Participating in daily team meetings led by the manager
- Communicating effectively and thoroughly with all prospective clients
- Demonstrating a professional and positive attitude at all times
- Remaining current and up to date on all products and services offered
- Meeting all performance and goal expectations while incorporating feedback provided by your manager to successfully complete the job duties
Job Requirements:As an Inside Sales Representative, you must be confident, outgoing, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. You must also be a team-oriented person who is willing to learn and progress quickly in a fast paced environment. It is also critical that you are articulate; with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and that you have the ability to establish rapport with customers. Specific qualifications for the Inside Sales Representative position include:
- High school diploma or GED, some college or degree is a plus
- Willingness and determination to engage in high call volumes with businesses
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance
- Sales experience is a plus
- Call Center experience is a plus
- Customer Service experience is a plus
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to make great money and gain valuable work experience and Digital Media experience with one of the country’s largest broadcast groups. Drug screen required. Please apply online and attach your resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 and Bounce Tallahassee are seeking a highly-motivated and career-minded Account Executive to join our professional sales team. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to interact with and influence others in a positive manner, and who is driven to generate results for local businesses and revenue for our television station.
The ideal candidate will possess strong written and oral communications skills; be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; possess excellent persuasive presentation skills; demonstrate strong prospecting, negotiating, and closing ability; have the ability to exceed budget through new and existing business development; be a creative problem-solver; understand the importance of confidentiality; have an understanding of internet and mobile marketing, social media, and internet commerce; and have the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
A college degree in marketing or related field is required. Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to be insured are also required.
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create video, social media, and digital content which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting digital producers to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create engaging news, information and lifestyle content which will be distributed to our television stations, digital brands, and social media channels
- Collaborate with senior producers, analytics experts and our social media team to ensure we are telling engaging stories which are seen by the most people possible
The ideal candidate
- Has strong editorial judgement, writing and digital storytelling skills
- Is equally comfortable creating engaging video, social media and text content
- Can work with a sense of urgency and on deadline
- Is familiar with digital editing, CMS tools
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, television/film or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Is great to work with. We mean this.
Here’s some information about us
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media is a growing team of nearly 5,000 people, dedicated to our communities and great story telling while providing marketing solutions for our clients. With more than 65 television stations and digital brands, we bring news and information to consumers in 44 markets across 20 states every single day across multiple platforms. Our Pure Cars team, based out of Atlanta and Charleston, is the digital leader in automotive advertising solutions. Tupelo-Raycom, is our exciting sports and entertainment production group based in New York and Indianapolis. In Charlotte, you will find Raycom Sports, a production, marketing and events management team, second to none. Then just outside of Nashville, RTM Productions is revving things up as our innovative automotive programming and marketing company. Last but not least, your home for food, travel and lifestyle content in the South, The Southern Weekend, based in Atlanta.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V