Click column header to sort
Raycom Media is looking for Graphic Designers to join our corporate Digital Studio in Charlotte, NC. Successful candidates will be responsible for producing cross-platform digital campaigns for a defined group of advertisers on Raycom's digital platforms. Must be organized and deadline-oriented with the ability to work smarter using the latest digital design tools and workflows.
- Adobe Creative Suite applications: Photoshop, Adobe Edge, Dreamweaver and Illustrator a must
- Understanding of digital traffic systems, particularly DFP/DFP Studio is a plus
- Familiarity with Doubleclick Studio with an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and basic web coding
- Organization to maintain digital file management system
- Well versed in cross-platform and rich media ad specs
- Experience developing social media contests and promotions
- Customer Service Skills
A college degree or minimum 2 years work experience preferred. This is a great opportunity for energetic, ambitious designers to gain valuable experience and quickly grow their careers.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and submit resume with salary requirements, and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
PRODUCT MANAGER – OTT & THE SOUTHERN WEEKEND
The Product Manager, OTT & The Southern Weekend is responsible for the development, execution and management of two strategic and exciting product lines for Raycom Media. OTT consists in all ‘Over-The-Top’ applications such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, deployed across all Raycom Media local television stations. The Product Manager will also lead all product & project efforts for The Southern Weekend, a video-centric lifestyle brand deployed in an increasing number of Raycom Media markets across desktop, mobile, social media, and OTT.
Working collaboratively with Content, Marketing, and Technology teams, the Product Manager will define and prioritize product features based on business and user needs, in support of the development of business relationships with key distributors. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, be skilled in execution & project management, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a deep understanding of all digital platforms. He/she is able to work with of a diverse group of local television stations, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product/project management. The Manager is ultimately responsible for creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups.
- Research, analyze, recommend and oversee the development and execution of new product sets based on user and advertiser needs, and use inputs to develop innovative product solutions.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Perform competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and product road map.
- Participate in the design of budgets, establish priorities and allocate departmental resources.
- Deliver compelling reporting dashboards to all functional groups of the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget & within scope
- Manage through the entire product lifecycle and ensure ongoing operational excellence
- At least 5 years successful business experience in the management, execution and implementation of new products required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the digital marketplace; experience with OTT and video products strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in this or other relevant field required; MBA degree preferred.
- Strong research, analysis, strategy and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers and users, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Experience working with information and technology-focused teams, including outside vendors to achieve common goals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and senior executives and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving within organized framework to deliver products that exceed consumer expectations.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Ability to own and drive priorities independently
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Dedication to product excellence.
- Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of team members.
- Team player.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a Success Manager to be a part of our winning team! Hawaii News Now is looking for someone to join our fun and forward-thinking company. We are looking for somebody who sees the glass half full, who is eager to learn, who likes to have fun and most importantly, who wants to win.
The Success Manager is an essential member of a team responsible for retaining revenue for our broadcast and digital properties by maximizing current client relationships and assisting in developing new partnerships with local businesses. This role is a mix of customer service, campaign management and inside sales. In this role, you will support and collaborate with the Account Executives, serving as a secondary point of contact for our clients, as well as project manager; maintaining and optimizing campaigns. Additionally, you will work to prospect and set new business meetings for your team.
This position will work in support of a small team of Account Executives and report to the Local Sales Manager.
Traits and Skills
- Propensity to take on tasks and see them through the very end
- Known for getting the job done well
- Confident when talking to new people or asking tough questions
- Thrives in a team atmosphere
- Talented user and learner of new technology tools, software and systems
- Great at presentations using a tool like PowerPoint
- Enjoys being creative
- Great listener
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Curious and excited about marketing and media
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Interested? Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screening required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV – Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), Hawaii’s dominant news organization and premier multimedia company has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence, and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated, and a high-achiever with excellent communications skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Driving new television and digital sales, as well as up-selling existing key accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license, and clean driving abstract. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or advertising.
- Experience in television, digital, or media industry.
- Experience in new Business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resumé. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create video, social media, and digital content which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting digital producers to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create engaging news, information and lifestyle content which will be distributed to our television stations, digital brands, and social media channels
- Collaborate with senior producers, analytics experts and our social media team to ensure we are telling engaging stories which are seen by the most people possible
The ideal candidate
- Has strong editorial judgement, writing and digital storytelling skills
- Is equally comfortable creating engaging video, social media and text content
- Can work with a sense of urgency and on deadline
- Is familiar with digital editing, CMS tools
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, television/film or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Is great to work with. We mean this.
Here’s some information about us
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media is a growing team of nearly 5,000 people, dedicated to our communities and great story telling while providing marketing solutions for our clients. With more than 65 television stations and digital brands, we bring news and information to consumers in 44 markets across 20 states every single day across multiple platforms. Our Pure Cars team, based out of Atlanta and Charleston, is the digital leader in automotive advertising solutions. Tupelo-Raycom, is our exciting sports and entertainment production group based in New York and Indianapolis. In Charlotte, you will find Raycom Sports, a production, marketing and events management team, second to none. Then just outside of Nashville, RTM Productions is revving things up as our innovative automotive programming and marketing company. Last but not least, your home for food, travel and lifestyle content in the South, The Southern Weekend, based in Atlanta.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V