KWES Newswest 9 is seeking a bilingual Digital Content Producer to embrace and grow our digital news efforts and publish content to our Spanish and English information platforms.
Duties include writing and publishing Spanish and English news and weather coverage on digital platforms including website, mobile apps, and social media outlets. Responsibilities also include creating photo galleries, editing and clipping video for online use, as well as any additional newsroom and studio production duties that are assigned. A flexible schedule is required.
Minimum requirements include outstanding writing ability, excellent communication, self-motivation, and organizational skills. Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and project a positive image for our station in the community. News writing, HTML, and Photoshop experience are preferred but not required. Previous experience in the use of the WorldNow content management system is also preferred. The successful candidate will have strong journalism skills, including the ability to gather news from a variety of sources. Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Strong news judgment, news writing and editing experience, and familiarity with AP style
- Experience with and knowledge of video and photo editing
- Knowledge of website and newsroom production applications
- Creative background with working knowledge of Photoshop
- College degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
If qualified, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WMBF News, Raycom Media's NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, SC, is looking for an experienced full-time producer and multi-media journalist to join our energetic and competitive news team.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented news junkie with experience producing fast-paced, hard-hitting newscasts and an interest in shooting, writing and editing content. Solid news judgement, excellent broadcast writing skills, an interest in digital media platforms, knowledge of cameras and editing software, and the ability to perform well under pressure are all necessary to thrive in this position. WMBF News lives and breathes its “Live, Local, Late-Breaking” brand, and the right person should be a team player who embraces that hard news mentality.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with references and a link to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM 7 News is looking for a full-time News Content Reporter/MMJ to join our team. The ideal candidate will embrace and help grow our digital platforms and content. This person should be detailed oriented, ambitious, can cover breaking news in a competitive environment, work under pressure, and excel at discovering information across social media.
Responsibilities include: creating original trending stories, creating photo galleries, editing and adding videos and stories for online use. A flexible schedule is required.
*Develop creative content for WDAM’s social platforms such as Facebook Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
*Write, produce and present fair & accurate news stories on-air and online.
*Investigate information to prove facts and find truth.
*Create, report and help produce news packages.
*Strong news judgment, news writing and editing experience.
*Knowledge of website and newsroom production applications
Candidates should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume, references and a link to recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD, the #1 station in Lubbock, is seeking a part time Assistant News Specialist to join our morning daybreak team. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and eager to learn all positions within our production department. This is an entry level position, however some experience in television production or comparable education is preferred. Training will be provided.
- Operate studio cameras for live and recorded programming
- Assist department in studio management, lighting, and set construction
- Operate Chyron graphics for live and recorded programming
- Operate audio console for live and recorded programming
- Edit and file video to website and video servers for newscasts
- Must be eager to learn and a team player
- Some heavy lifting required
- Valid driver’s license as some travel may be required
Qualifed applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News is seeking to fill the position of Part-Time Master Control Operator. The Master Control Operator is responsible for the operation of the technical systems within our modern high definition Master Control television facility. Previous MCO experience is a plus but is not required. Training will be provided.
Candidate must be able to maintain focus and meet deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and be able to work varied shifts including holidays. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording of satellite and other electronically delivered programming feeds, editing and quality control monitoring of all programming and transmission systems. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycome Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/Hawaii News Now, the #1 multi-media news organization in Honolulu, an NBC & CBS affiliate has an immediate opening for a highly creative and highly motivated newscast producer. This position requires an aggressive decision-maker on coverage, content, show direction, graphics and multi-platform journalism, while maintaining brand dominance. Must be able to line produce, write compelling news stories and work well under pressure & tight deadlines. Previous producing experience and strong showcasing skills are also critical needs. A minimum of 3 years of producing experience & familiarity with ENPS are preferred.
Example of Duties Performed:
- Plan, structure, write and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material including but not limited to multi media properties.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website.
- Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
- Work with Assignment Editors and newsroom manager to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by News Management.
Education: Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience as a television news producer in mid to large market.
- Skills/Abilities: Must work well in stressful situations. Meeting pressure of daily deadlines. Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing schedules. Excellent writing, spelling and typing skills required. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel laws. Must work well with news personnel, and other station employees and the general public. Must be available for shift changes, nights, weekends and/or holidays and possible overtime hours.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the fourth in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your cover letter with resume, and links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a Part-time Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of one (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be capable of writing, editing and posting multiple stories on air, on-line, mobile technology, and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has immediate openings for a part-time Assistant News Content Specialists.
Responsibilities include operating studio camera, assisting with news production, operating graphics platforms, editing, posting digital content and other duties related to news production and newsgathering. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to write, shoot, create graphics, and learn how to direct live newscasts and other events.
You must be able to stand for periods of an hour or more, climb ladders, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and move camera equipment. You must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and be open to critique and learning opportunities.
Previous television experience preferred but not required, as this is an entry level position. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends, mornings and holidays. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume’ and link to your most recent work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS-TV, Raycom Media’s legacy NBC affiliate and digital media operation in the beautiful state capitol of Columbia, South Carolina, seeks a News Content Director to lead its #1 rated news operation and award-winning team.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with a sense of urgency, who is passionate, creative and collaborative and has a track record of exceptional performance as a news content leader. Our next NCD will work with the latest technology which will enable and empower team members to deliver compelling content on all of our platforms.
Applicants should have at least 5 years’ experience as a news manager and be able to manage a large newsroom with over 34 hours of live newscasts per week. NCD must also be able to manage and develop OTT (Over The Top) news programming for our various streaming platforms. College degree in Broadcast Journalism preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter, which should include your vision for making WIS viewers the most well served in the market. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/FD/V
Raycom Media’s CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (WAFB 9) seeks a highly motivated individual to join our sales department. Core responsibilities include data entry of broadcast and digital orders, filing, organizing and verifying accuracy of all orders and makegoods. Candidate must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task. Position also requires daily interfacing with Sales management, traffic, accounting, research and programming departments.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Strong clerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Maintain awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
- Prepares various forms and reports
- Maintains files and other business records
- Copy Coordination
- All aspects of national and regional business
- Assist with political advertising and detailed file keeping
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to clients, National Reps and account executives
- Prior broadcast Sales experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Media Line preferred
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, fun environment. Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFF 48 is looking for a Digital Content Producer to create editorial content for WAFF's digital media operations. Responsibilities include producing station content on all digital platforms, aggregating content and producing original material unique to digital platforms, updating text, image, video and live content. The successful candidate will have a college degree and professional digital, social media content experience and firm grasp of SEO techniques.
Apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume and link to your work. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please.
WWBT NBC 12, Richmond, VA, seeks Audience Development and Brand Manager (ADBM) responsible for growing audiences on every screen, including broadcast, mobile, OTT, desktop and social media. The ADBMwill expand NBC12’s rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence, create non-news sponsored content opportunities and work with content team to improve engagement on all digital platforms.
Must be expert visual storyteller, creative, strong writer, cinematographer and Adobe Creative Cloud editor. Ability to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development and revenue growth. Must be a hands-on producer and manage production and trafficking of station marketing content. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video with 3 years leadership experience preferred.
Qualified applicants only apply at https://careers-raycommeida.icims.com and link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge, LA seeks full-time Engineering Manager. Engineering manager (Assistant Chief Engineer) will report to the Director of Technology and assist with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department.
Responsibilities to include supervising broadcast engineering staff, project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all digital broadcast equipment. Experience in maintaining digital broadcast equipment, including video routers, and switchers, video servers, editing systems, automation systems, cameras, digital audio consoles, computer networks, RF, microwave and satellite systems. 5 years of maintenance experience in television broadcast or related field and proficiency with Windows OS, applications, and networking required. SBE certification is a plus. Must be a team player with excellent communication, leadership, and people skills.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE - M/F/D/V
WSFA 12 News is seeking a Media Sales Consultant.
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama seeks a highly creative and highly motivated Producer to produce our weekend newscasts and at least three newscasts during the week. Our weekend newscasts are top-rated and are Central and South Alabama’s number one source for news.
The successful candidate will also produce our three News at Nine newscasts during the week and assist in our 4, 5 and 6pm newscasts. We are looking for candidates with experience as a line producer in a competitive news market, including working with anchors, LIVE reporters, and directors. Candidates must be a great writer, communicator and should have natural leadership skills. Candidates must be able to sift through complicated issues and provide clarity to viewers and web users. These newscasts are fast paced, “Happening Now” newscasts, filled with LIVE reports and breaking news from anywhere. Adjusting to situations is key and thinking uniquely to breaking events will continue to move this newscast forward. Multi-tasking is key as you will be juggling many things at once.
The successful candidate will be required to post stories to the station web site and all social media platforms. New content and BREAKING NEWS must be pushed and injected in the weekend newscasts. Experience with ENPS and Edius editing is a plus. Experience producing special reports and breaking news will put a candidacy ahead of others. College degree in journalism or related experience is required. Must be able to work extra hours, holidays, etc. Must have a valid driver license. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and links that showcase your work as a producer. Apply to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL-TV, in Toledo, OH, is seeking a full-time Reporter/Multi-media Journalist. Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field. Previous on-air experience at a commercial TV station is preferred. An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to execute those stories in a compelling manner on all platforms.
Necessary skills include shooting, editing and writing. Knowledge of social media and how it applies to television news is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 located in New Orleans, LA has an opening for a Full-Time News/Content Specialist to join our award-winning team in the newsroom.
The candidate must be dedicated and a strong team player.
* Writing news copy & editing video for multiple shows
* Writing for Fox 8 Digital Platforms
* Handle teleprompter operation for newscasts
* Operate news graphics system during broadcasts
* Must be a strong writer with good creative and editorial judgment.
* College degree preferred from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
* Experience in a newsroom environment a plus. ENPS computer system as well as AVID non-linear editing is a plus.
Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls or emails please. EOE - M\F\D\V
WTVM - Media Sales Consultant
- The Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), will focus on hunting, meeting and servicing multiple clients to present custom-built marketing solutions using the strongest local media products available.
- Hunting for new business and using professional presentations, developed in consultation with your Success Manager, Media Planner, and Digital Team to sell specific, targeted, and measurable solutions for clients looking to market and grow their business.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the client’s business, objectives and goals by servicing and continual face to face meetings.
- Effectively manages the sale, from pitch to close, to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Sell and participate in all sales initiatives and projects.
- Collect thorough CNA notes and effectively communicate the information to the rest of their team as well as provide detailed requests for proposals so that a complete and effective campaign can be created for our clients.
- Provide all in-office communication during the first and last few hours of each day. All other times are expected to be in field.
- Manage and oversee all sales projects. Your office team will conduct the brunt of the work. In the end, the MSC is responsible for the final presentation and to ensure it is complete 24 hours before the client meeting.
- Manage and continually work your account list, prospect as well as active clients.
- As a consultant. the MSC is to become an industry expert including knowing all the products and services we offer, market competitive and market data.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of outside sales experience, presenting solutions to customers. If this experience is in marketing/advertising, this is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers to close the sale.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- A quick grasp of selling dynamics, an outgoing personality and the ability to adjust to the client’s environment and determine their needs.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Experience with system such as Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales, and Wide Orbit Traffic is a plus if experience was in marketing/advertising.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, especially in time management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients’ needs in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field is a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM News Leader 9 is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist.
The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, directing, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including shooting, editing and writing stories for web and TV. Additional responsibilities may include operating ENG, (Electronic News Gathering) SNG (Satellite News Gathering) vehicles, and using LiveU technology.
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, maintain a clean driving record, and obtain certification for live vehicles if necessary. Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast television.This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility.
Candidates must be able to climb a ladder, stand for long periods, and may be required to do moderate lifting. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA - Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
•Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
•Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
•Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
•Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
•Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
•Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
•Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
•Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
•Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
•Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
•Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications: •Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
•Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
•Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
•Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
•Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
•Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
•Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
•Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V