WLBT TV/FOX 40, Raycom Media station in Jackson, MS seeks an Associate News Producer. This person will edit video and write news stories for inclusion in on-air newscasts.
The best candidate will have strong writing skills, excellent news judgment and work well with all team members to produce engaging content. Experience with non-linear editing systems is preferred. Ability to handle strict deadlines and work with team members to accomplish tasks a must. This position will also learn news line producing for future growth opportunities.
Qualified applicants can apply online, attach a resume and a link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMC Action News 5 in Memphis, Tennessee seeks a News Photographer to join our team.
- Gather, shoot and edit pictures, video and sound for broadcast and online platforms
- Work with assignment desk, reporters, producers and newsroom managers to cover daily news stories and meet all deadlines
- Work in conjunction with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered
- Responsible for maintaining all station gear including but not limited to; cameras, cellphones, tablets, laptops and any other gear assigned
- Responsible for maintaining station vehicle with regular auto detailing and maintenance checks
- Operate and maintain ENG/SAT Trucks and LiveU backpacks for daily broadcasts
- Understand the editing process and all the technical aspects of Edius 8 editing software
- Use creative graphic and production techniques to enhance visual and audio story telling
- Able to work independently and use solid judgement on all stories, images and sound that is used within a news story
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment
- Must be able to make decision quickly and accurately while coping with stress, resulting from a variety of circumstances
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- Contribute to and potentially lead projects within the team to continue to make our newsroom a world class operation
- Minimum one year experience of shooting video and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a small to mid-market news station
- Minimum one year experience operating communication tools and staying connected with an assignment desk or producing staff (e.g., use of e-mail, cell phone, messaging tools, etc.)
- Minimum one year non-linear editing experience
- Minimum one year experience working with and knowledge of television production equipment
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Must be flexible with respect to scheduling and willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays, and sometimes on short notice) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
- Must meet physical requirements, including medium to heavy lifting and carrying camera equipment up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must have the ability to interact professionally, respectfully and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations
- Must understand ethical issues concerning stories and use appropriate journalistic guidelines
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen
- Must have valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel locally and regionally, sometimes on short notice
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience working with JVC 650, 660, 850 cameras
- Previous experience with Edius non-linear editing systems
- Associates or BA/BS degree in Telecommunications or related field
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Up-to-date on, and interested in, current local, regional and national news events
- Comfortable with emerging technology
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to perform under pressure in breaking news and deadline driven situations
- Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral Products and ENPS
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO TV 7 News, the ABC affiliate in Lawton, OK seeks a dynamic General Sales Manager who recruits exceptional sellers, coaches, trains and leads team members to consistently grow market share and new revenue streams, builds relationships, communicates clearly, thinks strategically, forecasts accurately, and effectively manages pricing and inventory.
The candidate must be an innovative leader who knows how to maximize revenue on TV, Online and Mobile. A successful track record driving LOCAL revenue and selling creative solutions and revenue projects is required. Candidate must successfully complete drug screen and MVR check.
If qualified, please apply online at; https://career-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWBT NBC12 seeks full-time Success Manager (SM) responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultant, Research Director & Digital Sales Manager.
This position allows the Media Sales Consultant to focus on new business development and client retention. Position oversees post-sale client experience, campaign implementation and performance. Must be highly organized, goal-driven, self-motivated and willing to collaborate to build lasting, profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills, proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment a must.
Minimum 2 years customer engagement experience in marketing/advertising or project and customer management. Microsoft Office proficiency a must; experience with Matrix, Wide Orbit, Google Analytics preferred. Drug Screen required.
Apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
News Specialist– WWBT NBC12 seeks part-time News/Content Specialist.
Qualified candidates should have experience in all areas of broadcast operations including microwave, tape editing, graphics, camera and audio. Good computer and internet skills. Work schedule may include days, nights and weekends.
Apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
Raycom Media Inc., has an immediate opening for a Corporate Sales Coordinator at its corporate office located Montgomery, AL in the RSA Tower.
This person will be responsible in supporting the Corporate Sales Department and will be responsible for general administrative sales support, which includes: distributing advertising buys, coordinating details related to conference planning, printing weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reports for distribution, ordering office supplies and supporting all corporate sales initiatives associated with business development.
The self-motivated candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience working directly for executive leadership and a strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft Office Products. Must have solid communication and teamwork skills. Sales and marketing background preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD-TV, Lubbock's NBC Affiliate, has an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun environment as a Local Sales/Continuity Assistant.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, creative, and able to learn new things quickly. The ideal candidate is very organized, can work well under pressure, and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely. Good communication skills needed. Will work with the sales department on order input and presentations, as well as provide assistance to internal and centralized traffic team.
Candidate should be proficient in data entry and have experience in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Wide Orbit Traffic and Media Sales experience preferred.
- Order entry in Wide Orbit
- Provide support to Sales Management, Local and Regional Account Executives
- Occasional event planning and execution
- Alert AE’s to missing instructions
- Reviewing spot manager for CIA spots and alerting the AEs and business office
- Entering the copy instructions
- Alert Central Traffic in timely manner to spots that should be preempted due to no copy
- Act as an additional liaison between the station and the traffic center, contact is between the Sales Management and Central Traffic Operations (CTO)
- Purging spots from Wide Orbit and Automation system
- Creating and sending dub lists to master control/automation system
- Any other tasks as identified by General Manager or Sales Management
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter with resume. Successful completion of pre-employment drug test and clean MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS has an immediate opening for a MMJ/Reporter to join our award-winning news team.
We are looking for a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. You will will break stories on digital first and throughout the day in the Pine Belt.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus.
An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
Can you find and produce incredible stories which people will be discussing and sharing on social media tomorrow? Are you an expert collaborator who encourages extreme creativity and comradery, while keeping the trains running on time? Can you juggle multiple projects at the same time, ranging from pre-production work, to picking up a camera yourself? Can you think way, way outside of the box? Do you like fun?
Congratulations! You just might be a perfect fit for our digital producer / MMJ position.
Creative Digital Storytellers Wanted
Raycom Media is looking for a creative video storyteller to join our team in Charlotte, NC. This position will support the development of new video franchises with in-house talent. You should have a well-honed nose for great stories that can play well across all platforms. The topics will be a mix of uplifting/feel good content and reality style “fish out of water” content. You will work very closely with our host, keeping her on track and schedule; producing, shooting, and editing stories; and being a trusty friend and loyal companion should ridiculousness occur.
You will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly and will split your time between producing, shooting, editing, and writing as necessary. Content pieces will range in length from short form (under five minutes) to longer format programming.
This position requires some travel and occasional off-hours work will be involved.
- Must be energetic, positive, and great to work with. We are not kidding about this.
- Bachelor's degree in film, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller, demo reel required
- Eager to work in startup environment where new ideas, change and experimentation are key
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Strong camera skills with field experience, preferably on C100 or Canon products
- Deep knowledge and efficiency in Adobe Premiere and Creative Suite
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs. of equipment
- Some travel and off-hours work required
- Willingness to occasionally appear on camera is a plus
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
KXXV-TV is looking for an Anchor/Reporter. We're looking for a solid journalist who knows how to cultivate sources, produce enterprise stories, and is an expert at producing content for all platforms. A robust online footprint and impressive reel will help you stand out above the other applicants.
Apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and MVR check. Absolutely no phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
KXXV-TV, the ABC affiliate serving Central Texas is on the hunt for an absolute expert in the field of atmospheric science. The First Alert Central Texas Team alerts us to weather dangers while helping us all plan the days & hours ahead.
We're looking for someone with the scientific background, technology skills, and personality to lead our morning digital and on-air weather storytelling. You’ll be the primary met on weekend am digital and broadcast platforms, the primary substitute for weekday AM forecasts, and will appear live on-camera in the field for environmental and weather-related stories.
Writing, on-camera, creativity, and a sense of urgency are all required for this job. MMJ experience is a plus, but not required. You should have a degree in Meteorology or related field and previous experience tracking and forecasting. Drug scren and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. Absolutely no phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts.
Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories).
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of line producing experience and a proven track record of success. This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your resume and links to your work to:
https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
NewsWest 9 in Midland, TX, is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Digital Content Producer to manage and create content for our website, mobile and social media platforms.
Duties include, but are not limited to, writing news stories under tight deadlines, sending breaking news push alerts, gathering and creating content for all digital platforms, engaging social media users and working with the news staff to coordinate the station's digital presence.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines and be a vocal part of a newsroom that has a heavy focus on digital. We are looking for a strong writer with a creative flair, excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and experience on a content management system.
Knowledge of Open Broadcast Software (OBS), Adobe Suite, HTML coding, image editing software, streaming video and entry level video editing software is a plus. Experience with writing in AP style is preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News, Raycom Media's television station in Myrtle Beach, SC is looking for a full-time meteorologist to join our First Alert Weather team.
Duties include forecasting and producing accurate and viewer-focused weathercasts and content for broadcast, digital platforms and all forms of social media, as well as being comfortable on air or live in the field. Our area sees its share of severe and nuisance weather, and the past several years have brought an abundance of tropical systems which have had far-reaching and long-term implications for people here.
We are a newsroom that is focused on and dedicated to local weather, and the right meteorologist to fill this role will have a penchant for relating to viewers, a focus on viewer impact and a desire to be active in the community.
Qualified applicants must have a meteorology or similar degree, previous on-air TV meteorology experience and some working knowledge of WSI. Please include a link to recent work, along with resume, when applying online (Raycom Media Careers). Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Talented and creative News Producer to work with the KLTV #1 Morning News Team on East Texas television. Edit, write, and organize a morning news presentation that is all new material, no cutting and pasting scripts! Our morning newscasts are totally focused on “new”, “now”, and “next” news and information.
College degree in Broadcast Journalism. Two years prior experience in a commercial television news environment preferred.
Sound news judgment, and strong writing and editing skills. Must work well with news contacts, viewing public, and others. Requires good verbal communication skills. We need someone who loves the pressure of putting together an exciting morning newscast.
Have excellent hearing and vision (correctable). Be able to occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 lbs. Drug screen required.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS APPLY AT:
Include cover letter, resume, and link with examples of your work. No phone calls please.
KOLD News 13 in Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a part-time morning video editor. We are looking for an aggressive journalist who knows how to edit.
Familiarity with Edius 7.5, JVC Cameras, non-linear editing, and studio camera operation is a big plus. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culter that blends news content gatheing with production operation.
This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to multiple platforms, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts.
Those candidates with ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion should apply online (Raycom Media Careers). Please attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM News, Raycom Media's NBC/ABC affiliate in Hattiesburg, MS, has an immediate open for a Part-Time News Content Specialist.
The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as cross train for news directing.
Candidate will also help with newsroom duties such as editing and posting content to our digital and social media platforms. The person must be able to work a flexible schedule, work weekends and holidays
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS News 10 in Columbia, SC is currently accepting resumes for a full-time digital content producer/weekend assignment editor to manage and create content for our website, mobile, and social media platforms.
Duties include but are not limited to - writing news stories, gathering content, delivering content on digital platforms, engaging users, and working with news staff to increase the overall quality and quantity of the WIS News 10 digital output.
The successful candidate will help also enterprise news through beat calls, social media, and cultivated sources. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays is a must.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing, creative candidate with journalism experience and technical skills required for this job.
Prior news experience or internship preferred. Understanding social media audience engagement and search engine optimization techniques are also preferred.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. Must have basic working knowledge of web design and maintenance. Experience with writing in AP style is preferred. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn software applications used in the newsroom. Knowledge of entry-level video editing software a plus. You must be highly organized, with the ability to juggle crews and resources under intense breaking news situations.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News, the Raycom owned NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, SC seeks a technically-minded storyteller with an artistic eye to join our photographer/editor staff. Experience with television news video production is preferred and additional training will be provided.
We seek a candidate with a can-do, positive attitude who wants to improve his or her creative video production abilities in a fast paced, deadline-driven news environment. Daily duties may include working with and interviewing members of the public about local interest stories, coordinating story production with reporters, live microwave truck operation, LiveU backpack operation, operation of JVC 650 and 660 cameras and Edius 8 editing.
You should be willing to work a variety of shifts, have an interest in learning new skills and embracing new technology, and be a team player eager to contribute and able to take direction. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualified candidates with some experience please attach your resume with cover letter, and links to yourwork. Pre-employment drug test will be required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KWES- TV is looking for an energetic weekend broadcast Meteorologist. You will be the lead forecaster for our Saturday 6pm and 10pm newscasts.
The ideal candidate will tell the weather story and connect with viewers, issue alerts, produce graphics and maps and report live. You will also produce weather stories through packages, graphics and presentations four days a week. Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or other relevant science degree is required. Experience in working with WSI Storm system is preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with link to your work. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V