WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina’s capital city, is looking for a Newscast Producer. Candidate will have solid news judgement and work well under deadlines. You will produce compelling breaking news and have a proven track record of showcasing.
The right candidate will have the ability to generate and execute solid story ideas in a contemporary and aggressive manner. Attention to detail, creativity and excellent broadcast writing skills are essential. We are a digitally driven newsroom, so strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and the gathering of user generated content is a must. Journalism degree is preferred.
If qualified, please submit resume, links to your work, and your application online. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
KLTV News is looking for a Digital Content Producer to embrace and grow our digital news efforts and publish content to kltv.com, our KLTV mobile apps, and social media networks.
In addition to those duties, this Producer position offers an opportunity to gain experience as a Broadcast Producer as well. Producing our Midday Newscast is an entry level opportunity and this employee spends morning hours working on the newscast and is the in-booth producer at 11:30 each weekday morning. This employee works on our digital platforms the remainder of the workday.
Duties include writing and publishing news and weather coverage on digital platforms including website, mobile apps, and social media outlets. Responsibilities also include creating photo galleries, editing and clipping video for online use, as well as any additional newsroom and studio production duties that are assigned. A flexible schedule is required.
Minimum requirements include outstanding writing ability, excellent communication, self-motivation, and organizational skills. Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and project a positive image for our station in the community. News writing, HTML, and Photoshop experience are preferred but not required. Previous experience in the use of the a digital content management system is a plus. The successful candidate will have strong journalism skills, including the ability to gather news from a variety of sources. Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Strong news judgment, news writing and editing experience, and familiarity with AP style
- Experience with and knowledge of video and photo editing
- Knowledge of website and newsroom production applications
- Creative background with working knowledge of Photoshop
- College degree strongly preferred
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required. If qualified, please apply online.
.No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE 3 News, the Gray Television NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY has an immediate opening for a part-time News Specialist focusing on the technical aspects of newscast production.
The successful candidate will: operate teleprompter, studio cameras, audio, and run graphics. Other duties will include contributing stories to WAVE3.com and our mobile apps as well as associate producing and editing video. Previous television experience preferred. The hours will vary and may include early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WBRC Fox6 is the dominant #1 Fox Affiliate in Birmingham, AL. This is an opportunity to start your career in a well-established newsroom, working side-by-side with award-winning journalists.
We believe in big, showcased coverage of weather and breaking news on our broadcast and digital platforms, and so should you. Every day, our journalists strive to produce impactful stories with the viewer in mind. Watch our live stream before you apply, and you’ll see what we mean.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience. Birmingham is a vibrant city. It is a haven for foodies and craft beer lovers. The music scene is robust. The cost of living is affordable and there are plenty of day trips nearby.
WBRC is searching for our next newscast producer for our digital first newsroom. We break news on our website and app, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. Our newscast producers are more than show-stackers. To qualify, you must demonstrate that you know producing basics. You’ll also need to understand writing for the ear versus the eye, and how to write to your video. You must know how to select stories, stack a rundown, and time in the booth. And yes, you’ll be expected to craft copy using active voice and present tense.
- Works with News Managers, Anchors and Reporter to create and execute newscasts featuring multiple live reporters
- Participate in daily editorial meetings and evaluate pitches for potential lead stories
- Selects, showcases and writes local, regional, national and international content for presentation.
- Makes graphics and lower thirds for all stories.
- Collaborates with reporters and anchors on story concept and delivery
- Writes copy for web and edits video for playback
- EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- 2-3 years producing
- Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
- Working knowledge of web and social platforms.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link(s) to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
KOLD News 13 in Tucson, Arizona has an immediate opening for a full-time Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Successful candidate will need a Bachelor degree in Journalism or related field. Minimum 1-2 years reporting experience/live reporting preferred. Ability to tell memorable stories and experience in breaking major news stories preferred. Computer literacy preferred, including ENPS and Avid editing.
Candidate may shoot some of their own material using JVC or Sony High Definition cameras and edit on non-linear equipment. Must demonstrate strong news judgment, a keen sense of logistics, and ability to work well under pressure with strong "live" reporting skills. Candidate will gather, write and present news reports for various newscasts including our digital platforms, and will perform other duties as assigned by News Management. Must have valid driver`s license and proof of insurability. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume, references, a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy, and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM-TV, the dominant ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA, is seeking a General Assignment Reporter MMJ to focus on our ever expanding coverage in Alabama and Georgia. The strongest candidate is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous reporting experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at 1-2 years experience as a reporter or multi-media journalist. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE- M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Gray Television's ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas is looking for a full-time weekend Anchor/Reporter.
We are looking for someone who excels in a team environment, has demonstrable leadership qualities both in the newsroom and the community, strong communication skills, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced newsroom.
The successful candidate will bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality to the anchor desk. Candidate must be able to deliver compelling breaking news and a proven track record of generation/executing solid story ideas.
Must be able to work well under strict deadlines, and under pressure. Driver's license and a clean driving record are required, and the final candidate will be asked to submit to a drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KPLC/KVHP TV, located in beautiful Lake Charles, LA, is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our team of dedicated broadcast professionals. Must have experience in both, UHF and VHF transmitters, preferably Gates Air and Harris. This person would also have knowledge of digital video systems, including switchers, routers, and encoders. A basic understanding of IT technology is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in broadcast technology, or equivalent relevant experience, and minimum of 4 years maintaining and installing digital broadcast systems. The individual must be able to multitask and shift priorities as needed, possess strong communication skills, and attention to details. The applicant must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Anchor/Reporter to co-anchor the Good Morning Suncoast newscast.
This is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast daily. You will be expected to report daily in this position after the morning news and you must know how to shoot your own stories.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media.
Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset. You should have a digital mentality, sense of urgency and ability to distribute content in real time under tight deadlines.
The candidate for this position will be excited to take part in community events and represent the station proudly.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC, a Gray Television station, in Savannah, GA is seeking a part-time Assistant News Specialist.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation. This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to multiple platforms, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts. This position may also require working weekends/nights/and holidays.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
If qualified, please submit resume online: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen required. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM is looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who will deliver the On Your Side brand on every story and loves to break news on-air and on digital/social media platforms.
You must be resourceful and driven, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need a journalist who connects the viewer to the story.
1-3 years reporting experience is required. You must be able to cultivate sources, mine for information online, and be a social media expert. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms (wdam.com, mobile and social media). You will be required to shoot and edit material.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume. You must include a link to samples of your on-air work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV in Savannah, GA is looking for an experienced journalist to co-anchor our 5-6pm hour of news and to lead our investigative team as a reporter. The right candidate will be a proven newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills. Must have a strong passion for breaking news, investigative stories, and digital coverage.
Candidate must be a self-starter with a great work ethic, positive attitude and be a team player. Must have experience turning investigative stories. This position also includes turning additional content for special projects and the opportunity to fill in for other anchors on different newscasts. Along with anchoring, this position is expected to turn multiple stories a week for our investigative team, and work on bigger investigative projects. Field reporting, digital reporting/anchoring, and general reporting assignments may also be assigned. Will usually work with a photographer on big stories, but must also be willing to shoot and edit on own.
A Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field is required. Also, the right individual will have at least 4 years of successful experience as an MMJ, Reporter, and/or anchor at a television station. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants with prior TV newsroom experience, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your work. NO phone calls please. EOE-M//F/D/V
KLTV-TV (ABC) the dominant #1 station in Tyler/Longview, TX has an immediate opening for a talented, motivated Senior Account Executive to join our energetic and professional sales team in the Tyler office. We seek an experienced Account Executive with a track record of success in media. We seek self starters with a sense of urgency who can sell new business on-air, on-line, and on mobile platforms while maintaining and growing existing business. Candidates must be detail oriented and have excellent communication & customer service skills.
College degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years in media sales required with a history generating new business income. Media and/or Marketing background is a plus. Self starter, with the ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner while working in a fast-paced environment; High achiever with excellent communication skills, creativity, and persistence; Strong work ethic and integrity; Problem solving and organizational skills; Ability to exceed budget through new and existing business development. Applicants must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Applicants should be prepared to have a robust new business goal of $200,000 annually.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. The candidate must have reliable transportation that meets required insurance coverage needs. A pre-employment drug screening is required.
Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and frequently be exposed to outside conditions.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT
TO APPLY. Include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC. is seeking a full-time Director for KAUZ-TV the CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX. This is an opportunity for a leader who knows broadcast news operations. We're looking for a take-charge newscast Director/TD. You'll work with producers to coordinate and execute fast paced, multiple live shot, graphic- and animation-intense newscasts. You must have strong technical knowledge of switcher, video servers, audio, and studio equipment. You'll call the shots, punch the board, and serve as a team leader for the production crew. Early morning, night, weekends, and holidays require.
Qualified applicants, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume and link(s) to your best work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WECT, in Wilmington NC., is seeking a part-time Operations Technician.
Switch station breaks and programming on digital channels, record satellite program feeds, segment syndicated programming, record newscast for playback, and check quality of program feeds prior to air time. Operate Crispin tapeless airplay system: Beta SP, DVC Pro tape machines. Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air. Check next days logs for missing material. Keep accurate transmitter and program logs.
Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must be able to work over nights and weekends and to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD- Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KOLD - Media Sales Consultant
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork--just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sounds too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star Sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory.
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters and confident with an entrepreneurial spirit--if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Marketing Manager
Looking for a career in one of the smartest, fastest growing cities in America? Recently ranked the 7th best place to live in the country by “US News and World Report.” Huntsville, AL aka. “The Rocket City” could be the launching pad for your new career.
WAFF-TV, a Gray Television Group, Inc. station has an opening for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our talented team.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for growing digital audience on mobile, web and social platforms, supporting the Digital Sales Manager by creating non-news sponsored content opportunities, working with the Digital Content Director and/or Manager to improve engagement on all digital platforms, and supporting the Marketing Director’s efforts by managing station promotion on all digital platforms.
- Develop digital marketing plan that supports the station’s overall marketing plan with a focus on growing digital audience
- Support the Marketing Director’s efforts to grow ratings by effectively using digital platforms to recruit viewers
- Promote station mobile apps to convert viewers and web visitors into loyal app users
- Manage digital advertising budget and allocate resources in a way that produces a positive ROI
- Manage social posting schedule for all station digital promotions and recruit to view efforts
- Develop non-news sponsored categories that generate incremental page views and revenue
- Manage digital content generation and promotion for local events that are most likely to produce UGC content and engagement
- Create native advertising opportunities and execute the production of stories and videos that fit the station’s editorial style and achieve the desired impressions and engagement for the advertiser.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years proven working experience in digital marketing producing measurable results using the latest trends and best practices
- Demonstrable experience managing social media and digital display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Experience optimizing digital campaigns to achieve goals
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML and CMS applications
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design and/or video production
Qualified applicants, apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V