Hawaii News Now, KGMB (CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominent news organization and multimedia news organization in Honolulu, has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer to write for and manage its digital media platforms.
Duties include, but are not limited to, writing news stories under tight deadlines, sending breaking news push alerts, gathering and creating content for all digital platforms, engaging social media users and working with the news staff to coordinate the station's digital presence. The right candidate is a strong writer with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, and a passion for journalism. Knowledge of video and photo editing preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Hawaii News Now, KGMB (CBS) and KHNL (NBC)affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominant news organization and multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a Producer / Weekend Assignment Editor.
The successful candidate must be a team leader, someone who can creatively manage a rundown, showcase a story and write with a compelling voice under tight deadlines. Our next Producer / Weekend Assignment Editor is someone with strong editorial judgement who thrives in breaking news situations and is confident with making decisions and managing multiple crews. Most importantly, the right person has a real passion for news.
- Line produce as needed, including writing stories for the newscasts.
- Maintain contact with various police, business, and government agencies.
- Answer phones, dispatch crews, listen to scanners, follow social media to develop stories for use on-air and online.
- Manage daybook/planner-inputting information on upcoming events with background and contact information.
- Communicate information on news updates, breaking news to the newsroom.
- Manage logistics of assigning crews, vehicles and/or live gear.
- Coordinate and fulfill requests from other affiliates, as well as CBS/NBC networks.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Strong news judgment, ethics and knowledge of Hawaii are a must.
- Familiarity with use of social media as news gathering tools
- Excellent writing, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in a newsroom preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link(s) to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Hawaii News Now, KGMB (CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominent news organization and multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii is looking for someone to lead the efforts of our Traffic Department while specializing as a Log Editor in a fast paced Broadcast Traffic environment. The role is responsible for managing commercial advertisement inventory through a variation of log editing and preempting, communicating inventory oversell and availability, as well as working closely with Sales and the Traffic team daily to maximize inventory and revenue potential.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Verify commercial logs for accurate programming information, commercial content, product separation, advertiser separation, and extensive editing for on-air broadcast
- Lead and effectively manage all advertising material to maximize inventory and revenue potential
- Provide assistance as needed for all processes related to programming, generating sales reports, and working advanced inventory within established time parameters
- Communicate inventory availability or programming conflicts to stations daily
- Effectively work with other team members and managers in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude
- You must be computer literate, detail-oriented, dedicated and dependable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are also a must
- Regular attendance required
- Ability to work overtime and varying hours when required including weekends if necessary
- Experience with Wide Orbit or OSi preferred
- Broadcast TV or radio experience is a plus but we will train the right candidate
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. No phone call please. Drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Senior Newscast Producer
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now, KGMB(CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominant news organization and multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a highly creative and highly motivated senior newscast producer for our top-rated evening newscasts.
This is a leadership position that requires an aggressive decision-maker on coverage, content, show direction, graphics, and multi-platform journalism, while maintaining brand dominance. Must be able to line produce, write compelling news stories and work well under pressure and tight deadlines. Must be creative and thrive in breaking news situations.
Example of Duties Performed:
- Plan, structure, write and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material, and multi-media properties.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website.
- Work with our evening reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices, and procedures.
- Work with assignment editors and newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by News Management.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of producing experience, strong showcasing skills, and familiarity with ENPS are preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Must work well in stressful situations, meeting deadlines under pressure. Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing schedules. Excellent writing, spelling, and typing skills required. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Must work well with news personnel, other station employees, and the public. Must be available for shift changes, nights, weekends, holidays, and possible overtime hours.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Maintenance Engineer - WAVE-TV Louisville, Ky seeks full-time Maintenance Engineer.
Qualified candidate must be self-starter, team player with excellent communication and people skills and can hit the ground running. Responsibilities include project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all television station equipment. Minimum 4 years of experience in broadcast engineering or related field and proficiency with Windows OS, applications, and networking required. Advanced electronics education or military electronics training a plus. RF experience with broadcast transmitters also a plus.
Qualified applicants only apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
WOIO Assignment Editor/Web Producer
Responsible for helping to identify key stories and coverage options. Monitor news wires/police radios, online news sources, maintain phone lists of sources, keep files/records of upcoming news events. Assist broadcast producers in writing/preparing news broadcasts. Assist digital producers in writing stories for our digital and social platforms. Generate & provide story ideas; research as necessary. Direct videographers and/or reporters to gather/produce the news.
Strong verbal/written communication skills and knowledge of AP style required. College degree in journalism preferred. Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people. Must be able to handle a large number of variables, including short deadlines. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Qualified applicants, apply on-line and attach resume and link to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. ** No Phone Calls ** EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a full-time Marketing/Commercial Creator who will produce local commercials and station promotion, along with digital and social media content.
Must have good writing skills, and be a team player with the ability to work effectively with all sorts of people within station departments, and with outside clients. Will work directly with sales staff and clients to develop ideas and produce creative content for television and web that get results. Must be creative with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. Excellent communication and organizational skills are needed.
Experience in video photography, DSLR equipment, field production, non-linear editing systems, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and the Adobe Cloud Suite needed. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a good driving record.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE-M/F/D/V
On Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Looking for a job for those skills to pay-off? KFVS-TV (Cape Girardeau, MO), the market leading CBS affiliate is looking for someone to lead Heartland Weekend, the market’s number one lifestyle destination. The right person will be a social butterfly who enjoys getting out in our various communities to highlight the most unique events and people the Heartland has to offer. We are looking for a positive, highly motivated, creative storyteller. Duties will include writing, producing, shooting and editing content for on-line and on-air broadcasts.
- Bachelor's degree in video production, television, news, or related field - or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills preffered
- Experienced with video and still editing systems, such as Edius, Premier, Photoshop
- Web posting experience
- Demo reel is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production time-lines
- Experienced in still photography preferred but not required
- Must be energetic and positive
- Must be highly motivated self-starter, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience and comfortability with social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram) with willingness to post and engage on all platforms daily
- Experience on-camera to give interviews for feature videos, as well as present stories on camera for on-line and on-air platforms
- Must be a creative thinker.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a clear motor vehicle license. No phone calls please. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
WBTV is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio operation, robotic studio cameras, and floor directing) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
Manage day-to-day KLTV/KTRE operation and maintenance of all computer networks. Work with corporate IT to insure proper operation of the corporate network. Provide assistance and training to staff in daily use, installation, and upgrades. Maintain inventory and ensure licensing compliance of all hardware and software. Conduct technical reviews of the latest computer technology in the television broadcast operation. Maintain backups of machine images and user data. Make recommendations in respect to pending acquisitions and implementation, and budget strategies for new hardware and software. Prepare purchase orders for appropriate processing. Act as central contact for computer installation and repairs. Work with the current hardware/software agreement vendors.
3 to 5 years experience managing Windows server, desktop software, and local area/wide area networks or the equivalent in other formal technical training or educational achievements. Be proficient at design and implementation in client server local area networks and wide area networks. Experience with Linux or Unix, helpful.
IT certification a plus as well as familiarity with Television Broadcasting.
Good verbal and writing communications skills. Must have a current valid drivers’ license and be insurable. Maintain an on-call status for computer related emergencies.
Must be able to lift and/or move computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT
to apply. Include cover letter, and resume.
KCBD, the #1 station in Lubbock, is seeking a part time Assistant News Specialist to join our morning team. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and eager to learn all positions within our production department. This is an entry level position, however some experience in television production or comparable education is preferred. Training will be provided.
- Operate studio cameras for live and recorded programming
- Assist department in studio management, lighting, and set construction
- Operate Chyron graphics for live and recorded programming
- Operate audio console for live and recorded programming
- Edit and file video to website and video servers for newscasts
- Must be eager to learn and a team player
- Some heavy lifting required
- Valid driver’s license as some travel may be required
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has an immediate opening for a newscast director.
The successful candidate works well under pressure and collaborates with producers and managers to execute fast-paced, graphically intense, multiple live shot and visually appealing newscasts. Hands-on working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, Chyron, Precis, Edius, LiveU and PhotoShop are a must. Director must also have working knowledge of audio board, studio equipment, cameras, video editing and digital platform production.
The successful candidate is also a team leader who cooperates and gives clear direction to everyone involved in the production of our news products.
If qualified, please apply online and attach your resume' and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Cleveland 19 seeks a creative and resourceful news leader to help supervise a content daypart while also producing an important newscast in that daypart. The ideal candidate will possess impeccable news judgment (as defined by our brand), great writing style, a creative touch and strong people skills. We have the toolkit. You bring the skills needed to best utilize it. Must be committed to the convergence of content on all platforms. Must be a visionary leader who enjoys crafting content without boundaries.
Produce primary newscast while helping to lead newsroom operation during shift. Supervise overall production, writing and on-air direction of newscasts during shift. Administer directives of News Director and implement news department policy through individual broadcasts. Assist in hiring, scheduling and evaluating producers, associate producers and on-air talent. Occasional Special project producing. Occasional out of town assignments, which may include field producing.
A supervisory position requiring 3-5 years of news line producing and previous leadership management in a major market. Excellent people skills and news judgement. Able to make multiple decisions under deadline pressure. Must be knowledgeable about and be able to demonstrate contemporary production skills. Knowledge and understanding of libel and privacy law is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume and link to your current work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM in Columbus, Georgia is seeking a full time Digital Content Manager to help lead our daily and long-term efforts on our website, mobile, OTT and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of news for both broadcast and digital and also be creative, enthusiastic, a problem solver, a team player, and a leader. Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a journalism background with excellent web writing skills and be proficient in AP style. Must be able to multi-task and manage employee performance on digital platforms. Candidate must also be familiar with and willing to communicate with viewers through our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to succeed and have a proven track record of success across social media, digital, and mobile platforms. Must be able to work well with engineering, marketing and sales departments. A College degree in Journalism or a related field is required. Three or more years of real newsroom experience required, with at least one year as a manager or in a leadership position preferred. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, digital video editing, brand management programs and content management software is also a plus.
If you want to be a part of an award winning newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume and a link to your work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB in sunny Sarasota, Florida is seeking a full time Master Control Operator for the operation of all on air systems within our multi-channel master control room.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording and ingesting of satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, as well as the segmenting and QC’ing of all ingested programming and commercial content. The operator will also be responsible for switching live programming, as well as the quality control monitoring of all programming and transmission systems. Good computer skills are a must.
Operator must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs and have the ablility to work varied shifts, including holidays. The ability to work under pressure and handle technical difficulties in a calm manner is a necessity.
A master control operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of the on-air product and is the final point of contact before the signal is transmitted over-the-air for terrestrial television and cable systems, so the MC Op needs to provide superior on-air quality 24/7.
- Process and append multiple logs
- Preview playlists to ensure that all content is available and ready for broadcast as scheduled
- Evaluate technical quality of content and assure standards are being met
- Editing, managing of all on-air logs, automation playlists and server device management
- (Sundance automation and Harmonics server experience a plus)
- Submit timely discrepancy reports on scheduling, traffic and on-air irregularities
- Perform emergency workarounds and report equipment problems to Engineering/help desk
- Interested candidate must submit a resume to www.raycommedia.com/careers and attach a resume
- Must have a willingness to work overtime or varied shifts with short notice
- Must understand this facility is operational 24/7, 365 days and therefore holidays, weekends, nights and emergencies are often required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 or over
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts
- Good interpersonal and professional communication skills a necessity
- Attention to detail critical
Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Memphis TN, is seeking a Transactional Account Executive. We are looking for the right person – an experienced salesperson with a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience. The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented and someone that has dealt with advertising agencies or worked in the national spot TV business. This position would be dealing with many transactional television spot clients. The candidate must also be a great listener, able to build relationships through phone and email, and have a strong desire to help WMC maximize spot revenue. In addition, the candidate should be highly organized, timely and a highly effective communicator. The candidate must also have a working knowledge of digital advertising and the opportunities that advertising agencies would be interested in.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Maintain strong working relationships with all clients
- Represent a favorable station image
- Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred.
- Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
- Travel as required to build and maintain relationships with key customers
- Build local relationships with local account contacts in our market, and generate business at the local level via presentations to these contacts
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a full-time MMJ/Producer.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills for both on-air and online broadcast, and have a good on-air presence. We are looking for someone who knows how to take charge of a plan, can incorporate strategic planning into the daily newscast and motivate others to execute the vision.
Candidate must also excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and is a strong writer for our on-air/online product and social media sites. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Must be able to work well under strict deadlines, and under pressure. Driver's license and clean driving record is required, and final candidate will be asked to submit to a drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Account Manager - WIS Television is seeking team players ready to help our Sales Team exceed their goals. Candidates must be detail-oriented, professional, and able to regularly work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be proficient and have advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Wide Orbit is a plus. A positive attitude, successful interpersonal skills, and willingness to learn are essential to the success of this candidate. This position will include direct customer service, data entry, clerical and telephone support to the Sales Department. This position reports directly to Sales Management, and sometimes requires duties outside of normal work hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/F
WALB-TV in Albany, GA has an immediate opening for a full time News Producer. We are looking for an aggressive and strong writer that exhibits excellent news judgement and great time management skills.
Candidate must perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Must have video editing experience. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, embraces new technology and social media, and will be a team player. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern, or production experience a plus. Flexible work hours are required.
Qualified applicants can apply online, and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your most recent newscast and/or writing work. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WTOC in Savannah, GA is seeking a part-time Assistant News Specialist.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation. This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to multiple platforms, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts. This position may also require working weekends/nights/and holidays. Drug screen required.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion should apply online. Please attach your resume and any links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V