Digital Sales Specialist (DSS) WFLX-TV is seeking an entry-level Digital Sales Specialist (DSS). Maximizing all of our digital, mobile, and social media assets is the primary objective. Your thorough knowledge and understanding of web marketing and operations as well as the ability to generate New Business are the keys to a competitive compensation package and a great working environment – in West Palm Beach!
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media, Inc. is recruiting to fill Television Traffic Inventory Specialist positions to join its Centralized Traffic Operations in Charlotte, NC. The Specialist will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the daily broadcast logs, maintaining 13 weeks of commercial inventory, and keep open lines of communication with all levels of station management.
Television Traffic Specialist Responsibilities
- Provide the station with the necessary daily log inventory information to help them maximize revenue potential.
- Address all advertiser/product separation requirements.
- Work with the local station staff to ensure accurate inventory code selection on orders.
- Attend weekly station pricing/inventory meetings and provide pertinent information to assist the station reach their revenue goals.
- Understand and anticipate how local needs may differ from station to station.
- Use best practices and have the ability to understand and enforce Raycom Standards
- Provide backup as needed to other Traffic Specialists
- Perform other duties as instructed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail characteristics
- Ability to meet station and department deadlines
- Critical thinking skills with a focus on problem solving and providing solutions
- Previous Radio or TV experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic or related scheduling software a plus.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Broadcasting, or related field preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
A WAFF Digital Content Producer (DCP) is the primary driver of content to the station’s digital platforms and social accounts. The goal of this position is to discover, create and distribute content within a multi-platform workflow.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with a great attitude, possess a strong sense of ethics and integrity, and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence and team spirit to our newsroom.
Top candidates will be strong writers, have a deep knowledge of current events and have a quick and thoughtful news judgement.
A WAFF DCP will be expected to write and edit stories involving news, sports and weather content. Employees must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends. Employees must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Employees must be able to both sit for long periods of time when required and stand for long periods of time when required. There will be other duties as assigned from time to time. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sales/Admin Assistant/HR Coordinator WTXL Television is looking for a highly organized and energetic person to join WTXL as a Sales/Admin Assistant and HR Coordinator to the station.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting job openings internally and externally
- Processing paperwork as it relates to Human Resources
- Work with Department Heads regarding HR issues and other station matters
- Maintaining the station's Public File, which includes quarterly filing of the Children's Report with the FCC
- Providing quarterly program schedules to Corporate office, and updating program schedules as necessary
- Providing administrative support to the General Manager and General Sales Manager
- Assist in Sales where needed
- Providing back-up to the Traffic Department
- Ability to multi-task is a must! Ideal candidate will be able to prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously, with ability to immediately shift focus if need arises
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Other Duties as assigned
Qualified applicants need to possess strong time management skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS/WQWQ, the Raycom-owned CBS and CW affiliates in Cape Girardeau, MO are currently seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Vice President and General Manager of a legacy multi-media operation station in the nation’s 82nd market.
Cape Girardeau, a charming riverfront city with a growing business community, good schools, thriving university, outstanding parks and outdoor opportunities, offers an excellent quality of life.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Regional Group Vice President.
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Represents Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximizes profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate, and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds a great station culture
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (GM experience preferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication, and staff development/retention/advancement
- A history of successful leadership, positive station culture, and innovation. Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Qualified applicants should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Description: Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 1000 employees in multiple states; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions. Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, overtime, leave balances, head count). Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service. Establish/maintain payroll records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions. Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer. Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system. Knowledge of UltiPro a plus. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion. Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter with resume. Pre-employment drug screen and credit check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO 7 News, the Raycom Media affiliate at Tornado Alley's front door, has a rare opening on our meteorology team in Lawton, OK.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for two stations, KSWO and KAUZ, in Southwest Oklahoma and North Texas.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers weekend shifts, vacations by the Chief and morning meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA - Maintenance Engineer
KFDA is seeking a full-time Maintenance Engineer. Qualified applicant will have experience in the design, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. This includes microwave, satellite, video servers and broadcast digital equipment.
Candidate must exhibit an advanced knowledge of broadcast electronics, analog and digital technology, computers, LAN/WAN networks, station automation, digital UHF transmitters, related microwave and other RF equipment. Candidate should be familiar with SD/HD digital TV formats, ATSC encoders and be able to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest related technologies and FCC rules and regulations.
Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment, work at heights. Must be able to use Microsoft products. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter and a team player. Formal electronics/IT education or military electronics/IT training preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Racom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
News Producer - NBC12, Richmond’s No. 1 news organization has immediate opening for creative, dynamic News Producer. Successful candidate must be strong writer, energetic, self motivated and strong leader. No show stackers…just experienced leader with vision and skills to develop content.
Qualified applicants, apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM - Media Sales Consultant
- The Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), will focus on hunting, meeting and servicing multiple clients to present custom-built marketing solutions using the strongest local media products available.
- Hunting for new business and using professional presentations, developed in consultation with your Success Manager, Media Planner, and Digital Team to sell specific, targeted, and measurable solutions for clients looking to market and grow their business.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the client’s business, objectives and goals by servicing and continual face to face meetings.
- Effectively manages the sale, from pitch to close, to develop new business and grow existing business.
- Sell and participate in all sales initiatives and projects.
- Collect thorough CNA notes and effectively communicate the information to the rest of their team as well as provide detailed requests for proposals so that a complete and effective campaign can be created for our clients.
- Provide all in-office communication during the first and last few hours of each day. All other times are expected to be in field.
- Manage and oversee all sales projects. Your office team will conduct the brunt of the work. In the end, the MSC is responsible for the final presentation and to ensure it is complete 24 hours before the client meeting.
- Manage and continually work your account list, prospect as well as active clients.
- As a consultant. the MSC is to become an industry expert including knowing all the products and services we offer, market competitive and market data.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of outside sales experience, presenting solutions to customers. If this experience is in marketing/advertising, this is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers to close the sale.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- A quick grasp of selling dynamics, an outgoing personality and the ability to adjust to the client’s environment and determine their needs.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Experience with system such as Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales, and Wide Orbit Traffic is a plus if experience was in marketing/advertising.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, especially in time management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients’ needs in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field is a plus.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has an immediate opening for a newscast director.
The successful candidate works well under pressure and collaborates with producers and managers to execute fast-paced, graphically intense, multiple live shot and visually appealing newscasts. Hands-on working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, Chyron, Precis, Edius, LiveU and PhotoShop are a must. Director must also have working knowledge of audio board, studio equipment, cameras, video editing and digital platform production. The successful candidate is also a team leader who cooperates and gives clear direction to everyone involved in the production of our news products.
If qualified, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT - Digital Sales Specialist
This self-motivated, energetic individual must have a drive for success. Responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio, and achieving monthly budget goals. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships.
Raycom media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes digital desktop, mobile, targeted campaigns, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media opportunities. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily. Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Do you enjoy creating something from nothing? Then News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX has the job for you!
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is recruiting a morning newscast producer for KAUZ in Wichita Falls.
Producers play a vital role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day on all 7 News platforms: TV, apps, and social media. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in a timley, impactful manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and History majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft.
Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you. Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
14 News, the Tri-State's News and Weather Leader in Evansville, In has a rare opening on our Meteorology team.
The person in this position is expected to bring a weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a real sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers weekend weather shifts, vacations by the Chief and morning meteorogists and assists with severe weather coverage as needed. Also serves as reporter / weather producer for special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position also works closely with the weather team to create content for the weather blog and social media. Applicant should be knowledgeable of Weather Central Live Fusion graphics, ESP Live radar display and Weather Central suite of products. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for a skilled Part-Time News Content Specialist to help produce the morning and weekend newscasts. The successful candidate will have training and/or experience in a wide variety of television production skills including floor directing, audio, robotic camera operation and graphics.
Writing skills for the internet and other digital news platforms is a plus, as is experience in field camera operations and news editing. Work schedule may include mornings, nights and weekends.
To complete the application process, qualified candidates should apply online and attach a resume and links to their best work. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time News Producer. The ideal candidate will excel at writing for broadcast and have a true passion for news. Candidate must have great time management skills and perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Candidate must also have video editing experience. A successful producer is self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, lives for writing, and embraces new technology and social media. Must be a team player. Candidate must also embrace our live, local, and late breaking brand and strive to live up to it everyday. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern or production experience a plus.
Qualified applicants who fit this description, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your writing work. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a dynamic, intelligent, creative and energetic team player to join our Sales Force in a vibrant, growing market in Southeast Missouri.
Experience in media sales or a related field is a plus, but not required. The winning candidate will be expected to achieve budget goals, service existing accounts, develop new business and implement advertising solutions for our clients utilizing all of our available platforms. Candidates should possess good marketing instincts, along with excellent communication and closing skills. College degree in business, sales or marketing preferred. Great income potential and benefits package. Previous sales experience is a plus.
If you have what it takes to be the newest member of the KFVS Sales team, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online and attach resume. Must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client and as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants, Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
Primary Responsibilities:•Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria •Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship •Identifies upsell opportunities within an account’s marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client •Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client •Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Media Sales Consultants account base •Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA) •Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary •Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional areas •Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client’s advertising campaign •Receives, compiles, and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary •Stays abreast of client’s marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective, ROI expectations
Key Traits:•Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning •Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results •Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience •Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
Skills and Qualifications:•Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising. •Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or SalesForce experience, a plus •Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level •Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps •Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers •Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools •Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills •Technical prowess •Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment •Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. No phone calls please. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. EOE-M/F/V/D