WVUE - Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectation
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWBT/NBC12, Richmond, VA’s #1 News Station seeks Senior Marketing Producer.
Primary responsibilities include writing, producing and editing high-end image and promotion for both on-air and social media by using compelling copy, cinematography, visual effects and tasteful typography. Besides bringing unique concepts and ideas to the table, you should be self-motivated, passionate, driven to push the creative envelope and able to prioritize multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Ability to occasionally work flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends. Advanced experience with DSLR’s and the Adobe Suite is a must. Minimum three years’ experience in television, advertising or media production. This is not an entry-level position. Drug Screen & MVR check required.
Qualified candidates ONLY apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobsand attach resume and links (required for consideration) to your work or reel. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you ready to work at a legacy station? KPLC-TV is hiring a part-time News Content Specialist to assist with our newscasts on NBC, FOX, and ABC.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties such as chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter. The right candidate will also help with newsroom duties such as shooting and editing. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Director of Technology is a department–head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms. This position will be responsible for technical operations for WPGX as well as WDFX in Dothan, AL.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations.
- Supervise technical engineering and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the Raycom Media Wide Area Network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 10+ years technical experience, 5+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KPLC/KVHP is looking for an Operations Technician in our Master Control environment.
Responsibilities include: switch station breaks and programming analog and digital channels, record satellite program feeds, segment syndicated programming, record newscast for playback, and check quality of program feeds prior to air time. Operate Crispin tapeless airplay system: Beta SP, DVC Pro tape machines. Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air. Check next days logs for missing material. Keep accurate transmitter and program logs.
Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary. High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must be able to work over nights and weekends and to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KPLC/KVHP are looking for a Entry-level IT Technician that will assist in the installation and maintainance of computer systems and networks in a television environment. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure, under the guidance of the IT Manager.
A successful IT Technician must have a working knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certifications are a +
Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment, and work at heights. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player.
Qualified applicants, apply online at Raycom Media Careers - https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/ (search KPLC) and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA NEWS 12 (Shreveport, LA) is seeking a motivated, high-energy and enthusiastic individual for an MMJ/Reporter position.
Successful candidate must have the initiative and ability to dig for news, write/tell great stories, work for the lead every day, and make live shots come alive for day-to-day and breaking news coverage. Duties may also include the morning First Alert Center.
Applicant should have at least two years of reporting experience. Ideal candidate must be familiar with creating unique contentfor broadcast and digital platforms. Candidate must also show an aggressive approach to social media. College degree required, preferably in journalism or related field. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Apply online (http://www.raycommedia.com/careers/) attach your resume, and include links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX, the Raycom owned FOX affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking a dynamic individual to drive our sales efforts. This position will entail both local and national sales responsibilities. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with transactional/agency driven business and proven successes with developing new business and non-traditional revenues on the local level. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of Digital media and how the various products apply towards helping clients achieve their goals.
This Sales Manager will work in tandem with a peer management team including a co-Sales Manager, Digital Sales Manager and Research Director. The candidate must be a strong negotiator, have experience with pricing and inventory control as well as the construction and implementation of client specific proposals and research pieces.
The ability to identify, recruit, train and assess a sales team are essential requirements of this position.
We are seeking a "difference maker", capable of leading by example. If you take a sincere interest in the success and growth of your clients and sales team, then WXIX's sales leadership team is the place for you.
Candidates should have working knowledge of Wide Orbit and Matrix. Past managerial experience in media sales is preferred. Qualified applicants, please apply online and submit your resume and cover letter and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19Now is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator for a multi-call letter hub operation. This position executes all functions required to maintain broadcast signals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log, and Discrepancy Report along with other detailed paper work. Satellite receiving setup and recording of satellite feeds, and ingest programing and interstitials into automated playback system. The operator must work well with other operators and departments in high stress situations.
Strong computer skills are essential, Crispin Automation experience a plus. Must be available to work any hours or shift assignment in this 24/7 Master Control operation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO-TV is seeking a Reporter/Fill-in Anchor. Duties include researching, producing and reporting creative stories for the news department on all our platforms.
Being engaged in social media and supporting all our digital media is a daily requirement. Investigative journalism skills are mandatory for this position. Being able to generate viable and original story ideas is expected daily. Telling stories in a memorable way is also a minimum expectation. Must be collaborative and team-oriented. Possible fill-in anchoring.
Minimum three (3) years experience as a broadcast news reporter at a medium to large market commercial TV station. Knowledge of Cleveland area a plus. The ability to respect co-workers and work well with others is highly valued. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
KLTV/KTRE-TV is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team. The candidate will be responsible for selling over 150k (minimum) in new business revenue while assisting Television Account Executives with achieving their individual digital budgets. They will be charged with achieving aggressive digital revenue goals by selling advertising on the KLTV/KTRE digital platforms. The Sr. Digital Sales Specialist will work strategically with our sales team to design solutions that deliver customer results through our digital products. The candidate must be energetic, organized, effective communicator and an outstanding seller.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expert in cold calling, prospecting, building proposals and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success for our clients.
- Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships.
- Partner with Local Account Executives in developing and executing campaigns with extensive digital marketing components.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize client campaigns for maximize results and grow local businesses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of sales experience required. Preferred three years of digital sales experience in a highly competitive digital sales environment.
- Experienced seller with a track record of new business development, incremental selling and excellent customer service.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of digital advertising.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills; both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
- The position is based in Tyler, Texas managing all of East Texas territory.
- Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required.
If qualified, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM News Leader 9 is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist.
The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, directing, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including shooting, editing and writing stories for web and TV. Additional responsibilities may include operating ENG, (Electronic News Gathering) SNG (Satellite News Gathering) vehicles, and using LiveU technology. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, maintain a clean driving record, and obtain certification for live vehicles if necessary. Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast television.
Must be able to climb a ladder, stand for long periods, and may be required to do moderate lifting. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
WTVM-TV, the dominant ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA, is seeking an Reporter/Anchor for our weekend morning newscasts who is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms.
Previous anchoring experience at a commercial television station is preferred. Applicant should have at 2-3 years experience as a reporter or multi-media journalist. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff and have proven leadership abilities.
Necessary skills also include writing, shooting, and editing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and be sure to attach your resume’ and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please.
KFVS-TV has an immediate opening for a Reporter/MMJ. We're a #1 station looking for a digitally minded, enterprising reporter who wants the lead story every day. We are looking for a storyteller who can use their writing, shooting, editing and live shots to engage the Heartland viewer.
This reporter will be a strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside of the newsroom. Will fully embrace the digital space and be a champion of social media. Successful candidate will need a degree in Journalism or related field. Candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a good driving record.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best.
We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories.
You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a full-time MMJ/Producer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong writing skills for both on-air and online broadcast, and have a good on-air presence. We are looking for someone who knows how to take charge of a plan, can incorporate strategic planning into the daily newscast and motivate others to execute the vision.
Candidate must also excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and is a strong writer for our on-air/online product and social media sites. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Must be able to work well under strict deadlines, and under pressure. Driver's license and clean driving record is required, and final candidate will be asked to submit to a drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best.
We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live.
You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen adn MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Looking for the next great superstar! WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a full-time Reporter/Weekend Anchor in our News Department, are YOU that person?
Duties of this position will include gathering and verifying factual information for stories through interviews, observation and research; assembling and explaining information accurately on all stories assigned; building community and business contacts to develop fresh daily leads; providing live news reports for WTXL news programs, conducting live reports from event sites as well as the studio; anchoring during various shifts, producing newscasts and updating social media. This position is expected to act as a supervisor/role model for interns and news crews during assigned shifts. Other duties, such as making personal appearances to promote the station, may be assigned as the needs of the station dictate.
Applicants must have a good attitude and approach, be able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and find solutions for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
- College degree in Journalism/Communications required
- 1-2 years of experience as a reporter, with some on-air anchoring experience
- Some producing experience
- Proficient with computers as well as online and mobile platforms
- ENPS experience preferred
- Good work ethic and good attitude and approach
- Must be able to multi-task and provide a proficient level of quality control and accuracy
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- The ideal candidate must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines and must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
- Drug screen and MVR check required.
To apply, please go to Raycommedia.com, search under careers and apply online. Please include your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Reporter/Anchor to be a leader and innovator on our team. This person will anchor newscasts on weekends and report/fill-in anchor during the weekdays.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast and special projects. You will be expected to report weekly in this position and you must know how to shoot your own stories. Investigative storytelling experience is preferred.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media. Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset and you must be able to keep up with the rapid pace of real-time content distribution.
This is not an entry level position.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Tyler, Longview, Lufkin and Nacogdoches TX at KLTV-KTRE is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team. We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V