WAFB-TV, the dominant CBS station in Baton Rouge, is looking for a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts.
This opening is for our top-rated morning newscast. At 5am, we nearly triple our closest competitor in ratings and we have lots of fun doing it!
Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not just stack stories).
This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
Qualified applicants, please apply and attach your resume and links to your work to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE3 NEWS, Louisville’s NBC Affiliate and a leader in local digital content is looking for a dynamic full-time Digital Sales Coordinator to join our elite sales team. The Digital Sales Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and completing specific digital elements and tasks for the WAVE 3 News Sales Department. The Digital Sales Coordinator will report to the Digital Sales Manager and will help the team in making digital revenue goals through various support roles and tasks.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and all WAVE 3 News Sales team members, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests
- Pull various reports for digital pending, statistics and inventory
- Assist in creating digital ads and communicating with corporate Ad Operations
- Creation and order entry of all Production Orders and Insertion Orders into the appropriate digital traffic systems as well as, order entry of revenue into Wide Orbit.
- Coordinate our Insertion Order (IO)/Production Order (PO) process which matches digital creative and digital order instructions
- Submit finalized digital campaigns to corporate for the programs to go live in an efficient manner
- Prepare Proof of Performance (POP) presentations in PowerPoint
- Be knowledgeable in the sense of capabilities and limitations about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals such as Healthcare and Automotive, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing
- Develop an understanding of our customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad operations staff, Sr. DSS and business staff to ensure timely and accurate sales order entry, insertion order entry, campaign creative production, campaign monitoring and optimization, and billing reconciliation
- Onboarding of campaigns and being the WAVE 3 News liaison with the Raycom Digital Agency to facilitate issues, troubleshooting etc.
- Have strong working knowledge of WAVE 3 News & Raycom Media’s digital product portfolio, as well as, the execution and trafficking of digital sales orders while monitoring and reporting results of each campaign from inception to completion to create proof of performance reports.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience is required. Broadcast or competing media sales experience considered a plus.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to be trained to learn about all aspects of WAVE3 NEWS digital advertising and emerging media to become totally proficient in the role
- Ability and desire to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
This fulltime position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft.
Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital.
We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community.
Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you. Drug screen and MVR check required.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WSFA is seeking a full-time Maintenance Engineer. Qualified applicant will have experience in the design, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. This includes microwave, satellite, video servers and broadcast digital equipment.
Candidate must exhibit knowledge of broadcast electronics, analog and digital technology, computers, LAN/WAN networks, station automation, digital VHF transmitters, related microwave and other RF equipment. Candidate should be familiar with SD/HD digital TV formats, ATSC encoders, digital technology, computers and LAN/WAN network topography. Knowledge of related technologies and FCC rules and regulations is a plus. Must be able to use computers including Microsoft products.
Hours and shifts will vary depending on the events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and work at heights. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter and a team player. Formal electronics/IT education or military electronics/IT training preferred. SBE certification is a plus.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
RTM Studios in Franklin TN has an opening for a Builder/Mechanic/Co-Host to work on show project builds and occasionally appear on camera. The opening is for a regular, full-time position with company benefits. Regular business hours are 8-5 M-F.
This position requires working with the Show Producer on concepting projects and editorial for the shows, providing mechanical work required for project building, acquiring all parts necessary for each production shoot, and collaborating with other employees to insure editorial obligations are complete in the production of the shows. The position also requires appearing on camera in the shows or other productions.
Summary of essential job functions:
This may not reflect every aspect required for this job position
- Work with Producer and other staff assigned to the show on planning projects.
- Collaborate with Director/Producer of show title to prescript or assist with scripting for all episodes. These scripts are to be technically correct and written for television production.
- Assist with the delivery of project vehicles required for the show or project..
- Provide mechanical work required in project building and testing, providing the highest level of workmanship on all projects. This may vary based on the project and you may be required to work without
- Acquire as requested necessary parts for all projects. When parts arrive it is your responsibility to make sure these parts are the correct parts and they work on the project they were ordered for prior to taping of the show segment.
- Utilize RTM’s parts ordering forms and system for ordering parts. Maintain thorough records of project vehicles and parts by show number..
- Work with Producer to make sure the project is ready and you are fully prepared on production days to begin taping without delay.
- Must have complete and total understanding and knowledge of the safe operations of any equipment in the assigned studio.
- Work with other staff members to be make sure editorial contracts are fulfilled based on direction from the Technical Editor and the Producer of the show.
- Assist Producer of the show to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, keep studio clean and tools in proper place.
Some college or technical school; appropriate technical certifications; experience with automotive mechanical work and/or fabricating and vehicle painting experience; good on screen voice and appearance.
Ability to conceptualize projects and show content based on Producer’s direction of required editorial content integration for customers and networks; ability to use discretion and creativity to determine the best presentation of required editorial; ability to deal with vendors in the industry to procure parts in exchange for exposure if possible; ability to collaborate with videographers, producer/directors, technical producers and salesmen to creatively display customers product in high quality video; ability to speak clearly on screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF News, the NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a part-time Assistant News Specialist.
Successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of television news production, including, but not limited to, running studio cameras, operating an audio board, editing video, writing scripts for broadcast, posting to the web and working the assignment desk. Strong writing skills preferred. Must have a flexible schedule. Previous television experience preferred, but not required. Must be able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines. This position also requires the candidate to learn Chyron ISQ, Logitek Audio Console, Edius, ENPS and Oasis. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified candidates, please apply online and attach resume and references. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WMBF News, NBC station in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is in search of a dynamic social media producer and digital storyteller to join our fast-paced newsroom.
The right candidate will be as adept at AP Style as Instagram, and as comfortable engaging a crowd during a Facebook Live as making calls to confirm breaking news. This Digital Content Producer will be responsible for writing web stories, sending out push alerts, crafting dynamic social media posts on various platforms, monitoring scanners, contacting PIOs for information, finding new stories on social media, communicating with producers, reporters and managers, and ensuring that only properly-sourced and grammatically-correct content is published online.
If you’re creative, energetic and a team player looking to further your career in a busy newsroom that is always working on improving our online storytelling and growing into new digital spaces, please apply here. Include links to past digital work and a list of references.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring a Media Sales Consultant.
Candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of agency negotiations, media software and research used in the broadcast industry. Candidate must be detail-oriented, a problem solver and have professional presentation skills. Prefer a minimum of three years broadcast sales experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V.
WAFB CBS 9 television is seeking a Research and Programming Assistant ready to help our Sales Team exceed their goals.
Candidates must be creative, detail-oriented, professional, and able to regularly work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. Candidate must be proficient and have advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Wide Orbit is a plus. A positive attitude, successful interpersonal skills, and willingness to learn are essential to the success of this candidate. This position will include data entry, customer service, clerical and telephone support to the Sales Department.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC in Savannah, Georgia is seeking a full time Digital Content Manager to help lead our daily and long-term efforts on our website, mobile, OTT and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of news for both broadcast and digital and also be creative, enthusiastic, a problem solver, a team player, and a leader. Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a journalism background with excellent web writing skills and be proficient in AP style. Must be able to multi-task and manage employee performance on digital platforms. Candidate must also be familiar with and willing to communicate with viewers through our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to succeed and have a proven track record of success across social media, digital, and mobile platforms. Must be able to work well with engingeering, marketing and sales departments. A College degree in Journalism or a related field is required. Three or more years of real newsroom experience required, with at least one year as a manager or in a leadership position prefered. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, digital video editing, brand management programs and content management software is also a plus.
If you want to be a part of an award winning newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume and a link to your work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Reporter/Anchor to be a leader and innovator on our team. This person will anchor newscasts on weekends and report/fill-in anchor during the weekdays. Please submit anchor reel and a reporting reel to be considered. This is not a entry level position.
The candidate should have at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast and special projects. You will be expected to report weekly in this position and you must know how to shoot your own stories. Investigative storytelling experience is preferred.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media. Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset and you must be able to keep up with the rapid pace of real-time content distribution.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB, in Baton Rouge LA, is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online a(Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX Television in Biloxi, Mississippi, is seeking a full-time Account Executive to sell television, Internet, and Mobile advertising, including promotions and special events, to local and regional advertisers. The applicant should be able to develop new business, while simultaneously serving existing accounts and increasing revenue. Candidate must be a self-starter with proficiency in cold calling and creating and delivering presentations.
Broadcast or competing media sales experience considered a plus. Communications skills, both verbal and written, and organizational skills are essential. Successful candidate should be proficient in Power Point, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of Wide Orbit software programs a plus. Dependable car, insurance, good driving record, and drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA has an immediate opening for a full-time News Producer. We are looking for an aggressive and strong writer that exhibits excellent news judgement and great time management skills.
Candidate must perform well under pressure and strict deadlines. Must have video editing experience. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, forward-thinking, embraces new technology and social media, and will be a team player. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Experience producing TV news for a university program, working in a newsroom as an intern, or production experience a plus. Flexible work hours are required.
Qualified applicants can apply online, and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your most recent newscast and/or writing work. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX in Cincinnati has an immediate opening for an entry level Producer with a passion for news and a desire to grow into a larger producer role.
Candidates will work with producers every day to help write stories and craft newscasts for our 6 ½ hour live/local Morning News broadcast. This includes finding video, stories and new content to live out our “now” brand. Responsibilities also include scheduling interview segments. It will be your responsibility to create “shows within shows” by producing-up every aspect of the interview segment, from including video, graphics, props etc—we need interview segments that grab and hold the viewers’ attention.
The successful candidate is creative and personable with the ability to interact well with the public and excel within a team atmosphere. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants please apply online and attach cover letter, resume, and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB-TV, the dominant CBS station in Baton Rouge, LA is seeking a full-time Multi-media Journalist.
Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to execute those stories in a compelling manner across all platforms.
The ideal candidate must possess strong shooting, editing and writing skills. Knowledge of social media and OTT platforms is a must. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, work well with a team, and be willing to work flexible hours. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants only, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM Success Manager
WTVM, THE local leader in business advertising solutions for Columbus-Auburn-Opelika is again blazing a new trail in local media sales. WTVM is greatly expanding its sales force, inside sales support team, digital experts and resources our clients want and need in the fast-changing media and digital sales landscape. This expansion creates fresh and exciting job opportunities in a variety of newly crafted sales positions that are designed to reward the individual and offer a variety of paths for professional growth within Raycom Media in the area of broadcast and digital media sales.
WTVM has an unparalleled opportunity in media sales, one in which success is the goal for the individual and the company. Indeed, “success” is in the title of this unique and profitable opportunity in broadcast and digital media sales.
The optimal candidate for the position of Success Manager is a goal-driven, self-motivated, responsible individual willing to collaborate with the sales support staff to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. Candidate must be detail oriented and preferably have 2-5 years in a sales organization, preferably in a sales role. The Success Manager – in partnership with their Media Sales Consultant (MSC) - helps develop and fully execute strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives.
This salaried position is designed specifically to insure the success of the client’s campaigns and expands on that relationship from daily communications to conducting strategic planning sessions. The Success Manager is the key liaison between the client and WTVM Sales. They will manage all phases of the advertising campaigns, from research and planning to execution, optimization and analysis.
If you have sales experience, but have not specifically sold media, Raycom Media has one of the best training programs in the industry. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to use their marketing skills to grow into positions of increasing responsibility and salary growth.
Primary Responsibilities of the Success Manager
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (further noted as the MSC), the Success Manager coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive growth in their business.
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving make goods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Participates in the development of creative, media and execution of campaigns.
- Help create compelling, client-focused sales presentations in concert with the MSC, research staff, and other support staff in the sales organization.
- Advises the MSC by providing information on individual client successes, areas for improvement, and assistance with successful implementation of objectives
- Uses technical and business development skills to increase client’s utilization of current technology as well as new technology releases.
- Tracks, analyzes, creates, and delivers relevant online campaign reports and insights to clients through Raycom Dashboards and research metrics.
- Effectively manages ongoing projects/client deliverables on time, and within budget.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix software experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers.
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps.
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell WTVM and Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools.
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Technical prowess.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB CBS 9/Raycom Digital is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant. If you're looking for a fun and fast paced career this may be the position for you!
The ideal candidate should be organized, possess superior communication skills, and have excellent time management abilities. You must be detail oriented, creative, and able to learn new concepts quickly. The Digital Sales Assistant works directly with the sales and other station departments, advertisers, to ensure that digital ad campaigns are properly executed. Candidates should have experience in MS Office and be proficient in data entry. Experience with digital traffic systems such as Google DFP and Wide Orbit DFP is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your cover letter and resume. Completion of a pre-employment drug test and clean driver's record required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, is looking for a Part-time Assistant News Specialist. This is an entry level position with an opportunity for further advancement.
Successful candidate will write all FOX 8 platforms, including broadcast and digital. The candidate will also perform traditional production assistant duties (operating teleprompter and graphics, answering phones). Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, overnights and possible overtime hours.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience with television broadcasting and/or College Degree in broadcast-related field. Skills/Abilities: Must work well under pressure.
Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V