DIRECTOR –WAVE 3 News is seeking an experienced, energetic newscast Director/TD. The successful candidate will work with producers to coordinate and execute fast paced newscasts with multiple live shots and an intense graphic and animation environment.
Applicants should have familiarity with Kahuna switchers, Chyron/ISQ , video servers, audio, and studio equipment. The director we hire will be a strong leader who is proactive, a team player, creative, and composed during stressful situations.
To complete the application process, qualified candidates should apply online, submit a resume and links to their best work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/V/D
Do you want to be a part of a winning sales team? Hawaii News Now, KGMB(CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominant news organization and multimedia company in Honolulu, is looking for someone to join our fun and forward-thinking company. We are looking for somebody who sees the glass half full, who is eager to learn, who likes to have fun and most importantly, who wants to win.
The Success Manager is an essential member of a team responsible for booking and retaining revenue for our broadcast and digital properties and assisting Account Executives in developing new partnerships with local businesses. This role is a mix of serving as a sales assistant to our Account Executives and as a customer service liaison to our clients. The right candidate will support and collaborate with the Account Executives, take care when booking orders to ensure proper campaign deployment and serve as a secondary point of contact for our clients.
This position will support the entire sales team with a group of fellow Success Managers beside them.
Traits and Skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Propensity to take on tasks and see them through the very end
- Known for getting the job done well
- Confident when talking to new people or asking tough questions
- Thrives in a team atmosphere
- Talented user and learner of new technology tools, software and systems
- Great at presentations using a tool like PowerPoint
- Great listener
- Curious and excited about marketing and media
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Interested? Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO, in Lawton OK, is seeking a fulltime Engineer.This position executes all functions required to maintain a broadcast signal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties related to Master Control,
maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log and Discrepancy Report along with
other detailed paper-work. Recording satellite feeds, ingest programs and commercials into automated playback system, camera shading, and ENG microwave/satellite receiving setup.
The operator must work with with other operators and departments in high stress situations. The operator is required to assist a variety of individuals and departments as well as our clients. Strong computer skills are essential. Flexibility and adaptability is a must. Other related duties may be assigned.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX News Now has a great opportunity for someone to start 2019. The newsroom needs a part-time news producer to join our award-winning team. Our producers understand urgency. They focus on news happening right now. They write engaging copy, develop compelling teases, and post engaging digital content.
WLOX News Now develops producers who understand the importance of breaking news, and can be a calming influence during chaotic moments in the control room. Flexibility is a critical aspect of this job. Newscasts change all the time, and you'll be responsible for making the right adjustments. At the same time, you'll be part of a digital team that reaches hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every week.
Qualified applicants, apply on-line and attach resume and links to your work. Drug/MVR Screening required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
Hawaii News Now, KGMB (CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominent news organization and multimedia news organization in Honolulu, has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer to write for and manage its digital media platforms.
Duties include, but are not limited to, writing news stories under tight deadlines, sending breaking news push alerts, gathering and creating content for all digital platforms, engaging social media users and working with the news staff to coordinate the station's digital presence. The right candidate is a strong writer with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, and a passion for journalism. Knowledge of video and photo editing preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Senior Newscast Producer
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now, KGMB(CBS) and KHNL (NBC) affiliated, plus our independent station-KFVE, the dominant news organization and multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a highly creative and highly motivated senior newscast producer for our top-rated evening newscasts.
This is a leadership position that requires an aggressive decision-maker on coverage, content, show direction, graphics, and multi-platform journalism, while maintaining brand dominance. Must be able to line produce, write compelling news stories and work well under pressure and tight deadlines. Must be creative and thrive in breaking news situations.
Example of Duties Performed:
- Plan, structure, write and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material, and multi-media properties.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website.
- Work with our evening reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices, and procedures.
- Work with assignment editors and newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by News Management.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of producing experience, strong showcasing skills, and familiarity with ENPS are preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Must work well in stressful situations, meeting deadlines under pressure. Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing schedules. Excellent writing, spelling, and typing skills required. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Must work well with news personnel, other station employees, and the public. Must be available for shift changes, nights, weekends, holidays, and possible overtime hours.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
Maintenance Engineer - WAVE-TV Louisville, Ky seeks full-time Maintenance Engineer.
Qualified candidate must be self-starter, team player with excellent communication and people skills and can hit the ground running. Responsibilities include project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all television station equipment. Minimum 4 years of experience in broadcast engineering or related field and proficiency with Windows OS, applications, and networking required. Advanced electronics education or military electronics training a plus. RF experience with broadcast transmitters also a plus.
Qualified applicants only apply on line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a full-time Marketing/Commercial Creator who will produce local commercials and station promotion, along with digital and social media content.
Must have good writing skills, and be a team player with the ability to work effectively with all sorts of people within station departments, and with outside clients. Will work directly with sales staff and clients to develop ideas and produce creative content for television and web that get results. Must be creative with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. Excellent communication and organizational skills are needed.
Experience in video photography, DSLR equipment, field production, non-linear editing systems, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and the Adobe Cloud Suite needed. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a good driving record.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE-M/F/D/V
On Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Looking for a job for those skills to pay-off? KFVS-TV (Cape Girardeau, MO), the market leading CBS affiliate is looking for someone to lead Heartland Weekend, the market’s number one lifestyle destination. The right person will be a social butterfly who enjoys getting out in our various communities to highlight the most unique events and people the Heartland has to offer. We are looking for a positive, highly motivated, creative storyteller. Duties will include writing, producing, shooting and editing content for on-line and on-air broadcasts.
- Bachelor's degree in video production, television, news, or related field - or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills preffered
- Experienced with video and still editing systems, such as Edius, Premier, Photoshop
- Web posting experience
- Demo reel is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production time-lines
- Experienced in still photography preferred but not required
- Must be energetic and positive
- Must be highly motivated self-starter, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience and comfortability with social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram) with willingness to post and engage on all platforms daily
- Experience on-camera to give interviews for feature videos, as well as present stories on camera for on-line and on-air platforms
- Must be a creative thinker.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a clear motor vehicle license. No phone calls please. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
WBTV is seeking a part-time News/Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio operation, robotic studio cameras, and floor directing) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has an immediate opening for a newscast director.
The successful candidate works well under pressure and collaborates with producers and managers to execute fast-paced, graphically intense, multiple live shot and visually appealing newscasts. Hands-on working knowledge of Kahuna switcher, Chyron, Precis, Edius, LiveU and PhotoShop are a must. Director must also have working knowledge of audio board, studio equipment, cameras, video editing and digital platform production.
The successful candidate is also a team leader who cooperates and gives clear direction to everyone involved in the production of our news products.
If qualified, please apply online and attach your resume' and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Cleveland 19 seeks a creative and resourceful news leader to help supervise a content daypart while also producing an important newscast in that daypart. The ideal candidate will possess impeccable news judgment (as defined by our brand), great writing style, a creative touch and strong people skills. We have the toolkit. You bring the skills needed to best utilize it. Must be committed to the convergence of content on all platforms. Must be a visionary leader who enjoys crafting content without boundaries.
Produce primary newscast while helping to lead newsroom operation during shift. Supervise overall production, writing and on-air direction of newscasts during shift. Administer directives of News Director and implement news department policy through individual broadcasts. Assist in hiring, scheduling and evaluating producers, associate producers and on-air talent. Occasional Special project producing. Occasional out of town assignments, which may include field producing.
A supervisory position requiring 3-5 years of news line producing and previous leadership management in a major market. Excellent people skills and news judgement. Able to make multiple decisions under deadline pressure. Must be knowledgeable about and be able to demonstrate contemporary production skills. Knowledge and understanding of libel and privacy law is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume and link to your current work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM in Columbus, Georgia is seeking a full time Digital Content Manager to help lead our daily and long-term efforts on our website, mobile, OTT and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of news for both broadcast and digital and also be creative, enthusiastic, a problem solver, a team player, and a leader. Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a journalism background with excellent web writing skills and be proficient in AP style. Must be able to multi-task and manage employee performance on digital platforms. Candidate must also be familiar with and willing to communicate with viewers through our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to succeed and have a proven track record of success across social media, digital, and mobile platforms. Must be able to work well with engineering, marketing and sales departments. A College degree in Journalism or a related field is required. Three or more years of real newsroom experience required, with at least one year as a manager or in a leadership position preferred. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, digital video editing, brand management programs and content management software is also a plus.
If you want to be a part of an award winning newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume and a link to your work. Drug screen required. NO phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Account Manager - WIS Television is seeking team players ready to help our Sales Team exceed their goals. Candidates must be detail-oriented, professional, and able to regularly work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be proficient and have advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Wide Orbit is a plus. A positive attitude, successful interpersonal skills, and willingness to learn are essential to the success of this candidate. This position will include direct customer service, data entry, clerical and telephone support to the Sales Department. This position reports directly to Sales Management, and sometimes requires duties outside of normal work hours.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/F
WAFB-TV, the dominant CBS station in Baton Rouge, is looking for a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts.
This opening is for our top-rated morning newscast. At 5am, we nearly triple our closest competitor in ratings and we have lots of fun doing it!
Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not just stack stories).
This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
Qualified applicants, please apply and attach your resume and links to your work to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE3 NEWS, Louisville’s NBC Affiliate and a leader in local digital content is looking for a dynamic full-time Digital Sales Coordinator to join our elite sales team. The Digital Sales Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and completing specific digital elements and tasks for the WAVE 3 News Sales Department. The Digital Sales Coordinator will report to the Digital Sales Manager and will help the team in making digital revenue goals through various support roles and tasks.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and all WAVE 3 News Sales team members, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests
- Pull various reports for digital pending, statistics and inventory
- Assist in creating digital ads and communicating with corporate Ad Operations
- Creation and order entry of all Production Orders and Insertion Orders into the appropriate digital traffic systems as well as, order entry of revenue into Wide Orbit.
- Coordinate our Insertion Order (IO)/Production Order (PO) process which matches digital creative and digital order instructions
- Submit finalized digital campaigns to corporate for the programs to go live in an efficient manner
- Prepare Proof of Performance (POP) presentations in PowerPoint
- Be knowledgeable in the sense of capabilities and limitations about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals such as Healthcare and Automotive, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing
- Develop an understanding of our customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad operations staff, Sr. DSS and business staff to ensure timely and accurate sales order entry, insertion order entry, campaign creative production, campaign monitoring and optimization, and billing reconciliation
- Onboarding of campaigns and being the WAVE 3 News liaison with the Raycom Digital Agency to facilitate issues, troubleshooting etc.
- Have strong working knowledge of WAVE 3 News & Raycom Media’s digital product portfolio, as well as, the execution and trafficking of digital sales orders while monitoring and reporting results of each campaign from inception to completion to create proof of performance reports.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience is required. Broadcast or competing media sales experience considered a plus.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to be trained to learn about all aspects of WAVE3 NEWS digital advertising and emerging media to become totally proficient in the role
- Ability and desire to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
This fulltime position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft.
Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital.
We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community.
Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you. Drug screen and MVR check required.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
RTM Studios in Franklin TN has an opening for a Builder/Mechanic/Co-Host to work on show project builds and occasionally appear on camera. The opening is for a regular, full-time position with company benefits. Regular business hours are 8-5 M-F.
This position requires working with the Show Producer on concepting projects and editorial for the shows, providing mechanical work required for project building, acquiring all parts necessary for each production shoot, and collaborating with other employees to insure editorial obligations are complete in the production of the shows. The position also requires appearing on camera in the shows or other productions.
Summary of essential job functions:
This may not reflect every aspect required for this job position
- Work with Producer and other staff assigned to the show on planning projects.
- Collaborate with Director/Producer of show title to prescript or assist with scripting for all episodes. These scripts are to be technically correct and written for television production.
- Assist with the delivery of project vehicles required for the show or project..
- Provide mechanical work required in project building and testing, providing the highest level of workmanship on all projects. This may vary based on the project and you may be required to work without
- Acquire as requested necessary parts for all projects. When parts arrive it is your responsibility to make sure these parts are the correct parts and they work on the project they were ordered for prior to taping of the show segment.
- Utilize RTM’s parts ordering forms and system for ordering parts. Maintain thorough records of project vehicles and parts by show number..
- Work with Producer to make sure the project is ready and you are fully prepared on production days to begin taping without delay.
- Must have complete and total understanding and knowledge of the safe operations of any equipment in the assigned studio.
- Work with other staff members to be make sure editorial contracts are fulfilled based on direction from the Technical Editor and the Producer of the show.
- Assist Producer of the show to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, keep studio clean and tools in proper place.
Some college or technical school; appropriate technical certifications; experience with automotive mechanical work and/or fabricating and vehicle painting experience; good on screen voice and appearance.
Ability to conceptualize projects and show content based on Producer’s direction of required editorial content integration for customers and networks; ability to use discretion and creativity to determine the best presentation of required editorial; ability to deal with vendors in the industry to procure parts in exchange for exposure if possible; ability to collaborate with videographers, producer/directors, technical producers and salesmen to creatively display customers product in high quality video; ability to speak clearly on screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB CBS 9 television is seeking a Research and Programming Assistant ready to help our Sales Team exceed their goals.
Candidates must be creative, detail-oriented, professional, and able to regularly work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. Candidate must be proficient and have advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Wide Orbit is a plus. A positive attitude, successful interpersonal skills, and willingness to learn are essential to the success of this candidate. This position will include data entry, customer service, clerical and telephone support to the Sales Department.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V