Click column header to sort
Director of Technology is a department–head leadership position, managing the station’s technology with a core team of engineering and IT staff. The Director of Technology while staying within regulatory mandates ensures that station’s technical and news operations, building facility, digital production, as well as distribution systems produce and deliver high-quality video streams across multiple platforms. This position will be responsible for technical operations for WPGX as well as WDFX in Dothan, AL.
- Oversee television technical operations, including master control play-out systems and servers, HD studio facilities, edit suites, remote equipment, video streaming, IT infrastructure, as well as all other technical and facility systems and platforms.
- Ensure around-the-clock (24X7) high-quality broadcast and digital platform operations.
- Supervise technical engineering and IT staff.
- Plan and implement the station’s capital investment as well as technical operating budgets with a commitment to remain within these resources.
- Provide internal authority and responsibility with FCC matters and with other regulatory authorities such as EPA and OSHA.
- Plan and implement broadcast and IT operations throughout technical plant as well as connectivity with the Raycom Media Wide Area Network.
- Maintain engineering, broadcast and IT procedures and documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, up-to-date technical drawings and service contracts.
- Implement systems for routine and emergency maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment with a stress of continuity of service
- Ensure broadcast and IT network administration and the troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Provide physical plant (building) facilities maintenance management.
- Provide regular reports to supervising management on state of equipment, systems and facilities.
- Oversee management and planning of projects, as required.
- Maintain technically accurate records.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in television engineering, broadcasting, computer science, or related field required.
- Solid understanding of all current broadcast television encoding and transmission systems and standards
- Minimum 10+ years technical experience, 5+ years in technical management position, in broadcast engineering and/or video production or equivalent with HD and IT-based systems with a stress in the following areas: Broadcast play-out and automation systems and workflow, News operations (where applicable), HD multi-camera studio production, including sets and chroma key operations, audio, lighting, character generator , motion graphics systems as well as live digital workflow. Also, experience is required in field production for single camera and multi-camera shoots, including operating remote audio, and video production equipment. Expertise is also required in post-production operations, including non-linear editing as well as online video distribution
- Expertise in RF installation, repair and operation including terrestrial or electronic news gathering microwave, high power television transmitters as well a C-Band and Ku-Band satellite transmission, reception and operation.
- Familiarity with fiber installation and operations as implemented in IP or in video use.
- Expertise with IT systems and IT network administration, implementation as well as management of IT solutions for a multi-site organization including file-based content, back-up systems, website and databases.
- Expertise in encoding and transferring multimedia files.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19Now is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator for a multi-call letter hub operation. This position executes all functions required to maintain broadcast signals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log, and Discrepancy Report along with other detailed paper work. Satellite receiving setup and recording of satellite feeds, and ingest programing and interstitials into automated playback system. The operator must work well with other operators and departments in high stress situations.
Strong computer skills are essential, Crispin Automation experience a plus. Must be available to work any hours or shift assignment in this 24/7 Master Control operation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO-TV is seeking a Reporter/Fill-in Anchor. Duties include researching, producing and reporting creative stories for the news department on all our platforms.
Being engaged in social media and supporting all our digital media is a daily requirement. Investigative journalism skills are mandatory for this position. Being able to generate viable and original story ideas is expected daily. Telling stories in a memorable way is also a minimum expectation. Must be collaborative and team-oriented. Possible fill-in anchoring.
Minimum three (3) years experience as a broadcast news reporter at a medium to large market commercial TV station. Knowledge of Cleveland area a plus. The ability to respect co-workers and work well with others is highly valued. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
KLTV/KTRE-TV is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team. The candidate will be responsible for selling over 150k (minimum) in new business revenue while assisting Television Account Executives with achieving their individual digital budgets. They will be charged with achieving aggressive digital revenue goals by selling advertising on the KLTV/KTRE digital platforms. The Sr. Digital Sales Specialist will work strategically with our sales team to design solutions that deliver customer results through our digital products. The candidate must be energetic, organized, effective communicator and an outstanding seller.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expert in cold calling, prospecting, building proposals and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success for our clients.
- Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships.
- Partner with Local Account Executives in developing and executing campaigns with extensive digital marketing components.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize client campaigns for maximize results and grow local businesses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of sales experience required. Preferred three years of digital sales experience in a highly competitive digital sales environment.
- Experienced seller with a track record of new business development, incremental selling and excellent customer service.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of digital advertising.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills; both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
- The position is based in Tyler, Texas managing all of East Texas territory.
- Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required.
If qualified, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTVM News Leader 9 is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist.
The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, directing, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including shooting, editing and writing stories for web and TV. Additional responsibilities may include operating ENG, (Electronic News Gathering) SNG (Satellite News Gathering) vehicles, and using LiveU technology. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, maintain a clean driving record, and obtain certification for live vehicles if necessary. Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast television.
Must be able to climb a ladder, stand for long periods, and may be required to do moderate lifting. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
KFVS-TV has an immediate opening for a Reporter/MMJ. We're a #1 station looking for a digitally minded, enterprising reporter who wants the lead story every day. We are looking for a storyteller who can use their writing, shooting, editing and live shots to engage the Heartland viewer.
This reporter will be a strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside of the newsroom. Will fully embrace the digital space and be a champion of social media. Successful candidate will need a degree in Journalism or related field. Candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a good driving record.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best.
We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories.
You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a full-time MMJ/Producer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong writing skills for both on-air and online broadcast, and have a good on-air presence. We are looking for someone who knows how to take charge of a plan, can incorporate strategic planning into the daily newscast and motivate others to execute the vision.
Candidate must also excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and is a strong writer for our on-air/online product and social media sites. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Must be able to work well under strict deadlines, and under pressure. Driver's license and clean driving record is required, and final candidate will be asked to submit to a drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best.
We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live.
You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Drug screen adn MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Looking for the next great superstar! WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a full-time Reporter/Weekend Anchor in our News Department, are YOU that person?
Duties of this position will include gathering and verifying factual information for stories through interviews, observation and research; assembling and explaining information accurately on all stories assigned; building community and business contacts to develop fresh daily leads; providing live news reports for WTXL news programs, conducting live reports from event sites as well as the studio; anchoring during various shifts, producing newscasts and updating social media. This position is expected to act as a supervisor/role model for interns and news crews during assigned shifts. Other duties, such as making personal appearances to promote the station, may be assigned as the needs of the station dictate.
Applicants must have a good attitude and approach, be able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and find solutions for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
- College degree in Journalism/Communications required
- 1-2 years of experience as a reporter, with some on-air anchoring experience
- Some producing experience
- Proficient with computers as well as online and mobile platforms
- ENPS experience preferred
- Good work ethic and good attitude and approach
- Must be able to multi-task and provide a proficient level of quality control and accuracy
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- The ideal candidate must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines and must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
- Drug screen and MVR check required.
To apply, please go to Raycommedia.com, search under careers and apply online. Please include your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Reporter/Anchor to be a leader and innovator on our team. This person will anchor newscasts on weekends and report/fill-in anchor during the weekdays.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast and special projects. You will be expected to report weekly in this position and you must know how to shoot your own stories. Investigative storytelling experience is preferred.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media. Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset and you must be able to keep up with the rapid pace of real-time content distribution.
This is not an entry level position.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KLTV is seeking a Talented Reporter Multi Media Journalist who can gather & verify information in the production of news reports, investigate leads, shoot & edit, write, produce, and report material for broadcast and web posting for all platforms. Update content for newscast, online, crawls, text, and email.
- Ability to exercise news judgment
- Competence in live reporting environment on line and on air
- Ability to combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions
- Excellent computer, internet, and writing skills
Journalism degree required. One year of commercial TV News experience as reporter and photojournalist. Professional video camera and professional non-linear editing equipment operation knowledge and experience preferred.
Required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary. Must have valid drivers’ license and be insurable. Be able to work under deadline pressures.
Must be able to lift and/or carry and manage news photography and lighting
equipment. Frequently exposed to outside conditions.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com to apply online. Attach resume with cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC in Savannah, Georgia is seeking a full-time Multi-media Journalist. Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field. At least 2 years of previous on-air experience at a commercial TV station is required. An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to execute those stories in a compelling manner on all platforms.
The ideal candidate must possess strong shooting, editing and writing skills. Knowledge of social media and OTT platforms is a must. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, work well with a team, and be willing to work flexible hours. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants only, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
TALENTED… DYNAMIC… A LEADER…
If any of these words describe you and you’re ready to be an executive producer, let’s talk now!
WTXL is looking for a producer with a proven track record in creating dynamic shows ready to make that move into management and help build something special! We’re seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic person to be our next Executive Producer. This individual will have strong leadership skills, a vision for success, and ready to take that next step in their career and join our team at WTXL ABC 27 in Tallahassee, Florida.
Applicant must have a degree in broadcast journalism or related field. Have at least 3 years producing experience in a professional newsroom; be an excellent writer with good oral communication skills; have solid news judgment; be organized, trustworthy, calm under pressure and have experience with breaking news and live shots. Ability to multi-task is essential.
Must be familiar with newsroom systems, like ENPS. Digital is huge, so you must have the ability to help drive our digital platform and focus on multi-media content. You need the ability to coordinate and create graphics and help maintain station website. Some non-linear editing experience preferred. Must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules. A pre-employment drug screen, valid state driver’s license, and MVR check is required.
Mentoring and developing staff is an essential part of the duties here at WTXL as well as taking an active role in special projects. The candidate must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
To apply, please go to Raycommedia.com, search under careers and apply online. Please include your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE-M/F/D/V
RTM Studios in Franklin TN has an opening for a Builder/Mechanic/Co-Host to work on show project builds and occasionally appear on camera. The opening is for a regular, full-time position with company benefits. Regular business hours are 8-5 M-F.
This position requires working with the Show Producer on concepting projects and editorial for the shows, providing mechanical work required for project building, acquiring all parts necessary for each production shoot, and collaborating with other employees to insure editorial obligations are complete in the production of the shows. The position also requires appearing on camera in the shows or other productions.
Summary of essential job functions:
This may not reflect every aspect required for this job position
- Work with Producer and other staff assigned to the show on planning projects.
- Collaborate with Director/Producer of show title to prescript or assist with scripting for all episodes. These scripts are to be technically correct and written for television production.
- Assist with the delivery of project vehicles required for the show or project..
- Provide mechanical work required in project building and testing, providing the highest level of workmanship on all projects. This may vary based on the project and you may be required to work without
- Acquire as requested necessary parts for all projects. When parts arrive it is your responsibility to make sure these parts are the correct parts and they work on the project they were ordered for prior to taping of the show segment.
- Utilize RTM’s parts ordering forms and system for ordering parts. Maintain thorough records of project vehicles and parts by show number..
- Work with Producer to make sure the project is ready and you are fully prepared on production days to begin taping without delay.
- Must have complete and total understanding and knowledge of the safe operations of any equipment in the assigned studio.
- Work with other staff members to be make sure editorial contracts are fulfilled based on direction from the Technical Editor and the Producer of the show.
- Assist Producer of the show to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, keep studio clean and tools in proper place.
Some college or technical school; appropriate technical certifications; experience with automotive mechanical work and/or fabricating and vehicle painting experience; good on screen voice and appearance.
Ability to conceptualize projects and show content based on Producer’s direction of required editorial content integration for customers and networks; ability to use discretion and creativity to determine the best presentation of required editorial; ability to deal with vendors in the industry to procure parts in exchange for exposure if possible; ability to collaborate with videographers, producer/directors, technical producers and salesmen to creatively display customers product in high quality video; ability to speak clearly on screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work if applicable. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring a Media Sales Consultant.
Candidate must demonstrate the drive and initiative to develop local direct business revenue utilizing the numerous TV and Digital solutions available. Candidate must be an organized self-starter that is detail-oriented and a problem solver. Strong presentation skills, competence with computers and Microsoft suite of products are required. Media/Advertising sales experience is preferred. Sales experience a plus, and a college degree preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
INVESTIGATIVE PRODUCER – WVUE
WVUE-TV in New Orleans is looking for an experienced, aggressive, and innovative Investigative Producer to join our award-winning local team.
We’re looking for someone who can help produce impactful stories. The ideal candidate will have a track record of digging up stories that make a difference. We’re a shop that relies heavily on investigative stories based on public records and large datasets. We need someone who can assist and enhance our enterprising work.
Our station values quality over quantity. You will have the time and tools to do stories the right way.
Television experience is preferred, but not required. We’d love to talk to a print or online reporter ready to make the transition to an off-air television job. Feel free to email Lee Zurik – Chief Investigative Reporter – with any questions about the job (email@example.com.
The position is based out of New Orleans. You’ll work with a team whose investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. ).
- Researching, writing, and gathering content for investigative stories.
- Produce investigations with a strong digital and social media driven strategy.
- Establish contacts in the field, manage tips, compose and manage open records requests, and conduct interviews
- Take ownership for the overall coverage of investigative content on all digital platforms.
- Perform investigations which occasionally may include undercover work or surveillance.
- Assist Chief Investigative Reporter
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Preferred 3 years’ experience writing, producing and editing day-of-air news stories on a desktop editing system
- Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills. Strong computer research skills and working knowledge of analyzing data.
- Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit resume and link to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA-TV, NewsChannel 10 in Amarillo, Texas is hiring a full-time digital content producer to create and manage engaging content for our mobile app, dotcom, desktop, and social media platforms. Ideal candidates require a solid grasp of AP Style along with creative writing skills. Applicants should have the ability to properly attribute and edit their copy, as well as the copy of others, in a fast manner. Strong video editing skills are also a must.
Applicants should have exceptional knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and must always challenge themselves to produce increasingly effective content. Producer will be expected to follow digital media trends and strategize with local team to better the quality of our content and products.
Candidates must demonstrate solid news judgement and be able to handle breaking news aggressively. The ability to work well with a team is essential. This position is for a Monday-Friday evening shift, but applicants must be willing to keep a flexible schedule, including availability for weekends and some holidays. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified applicants should apply online using the application below. Attach a resume to the form as well as links to your work. No phone calls, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC is recruiting for a meteorologist for KAUZ News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for KAUZ, KSWO, and Telemundo Texoma, in North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma. Conversational fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers morning and weekend shifts, vacations by other meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V