WTOL, Toledo's News Leader, is looking for an aggressive Investigative Reporter! Must have a proven track record of breaking big enterprise stories on TV and on digital, including examples of exposing government waste, holding the powerful accountable, and the ability to simplify complex stories. Five years of reporting experience required. Investigative reporting experience preferred. Ability to shoot and edit helpful.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to quickly develop contacts and sources, work with a team of professionals, and adhere to strict ethical standards. Must have previous experience with FOIA requests and computer assisted reporting. Candidate will also have the ability to report breaking news, and quickly turn investigative sidebars on big stories.
Qualified applicants, apply online and send a link, resume, references and a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy . Drug screen and MVR report required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT TV/FOX 40, Raycom Media station in Jackson, MS seeks an Associate News Producer. This person will edit video and write news stories for inclusion in on-air newscasts.
The best candidate will have strong writing skills, excellent news judgment and work well with all team members to produce engaging content. Experience with non-linear editing systems is preferred. Ability to handle strict deadlines and work with team members to accomplish tasks a must. This position will also learn news line producing for future growth opportunities.
Qualified applicants can apply online, attach a resume and a link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF, the NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is looking for a Digital Content Director to join the newsroom leadership team. This person will be responsible for developing and executing our digital strategy across all platforms. The Digital Content Director will directly supervise a team of producers, collaborate with news management on strategic initiatives, consistently analyze data to form best practices for digital products, work with the marketing team on cross-department efforts, coordinate a wide range of digital content across multiple platforms, and have innovative and unique ideas for digital and OTT content and its delivery. Being a team player, a leader and an innovator is a must for this fast-paced and demanding position. This is not an entry-level position.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems; previous Frankly CMS experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms, tactics and strategies
- Knowledge of current digital platforms including OTT, mobile and web-based products
- Experience in a 24/7 news environment including experience making editorial decisions
- Strong writing, presentation and video skills, including superb knowledge of AP style; previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Edius preferred
- Troubleshooting skills including experience working with remote vendor customer service and support teams
- Understanding digital audience analytics; preferably experience with Google Analytics data
The successful candidate should also have a track record of innovation and have sufficient confidence to experiment in the evolving segment of our business. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume, references, and links to recent work. Candidate must be able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO-TV is seeking a passionate, energetic and highly motivated Sales Executive. The business is changing every day and we need a person who can adapt quickly and maximize sales on all of our over the air and digital platforms.
Must have a high sense of urgency and an inner drive to want to be the best. A strong work ethic and the ability to formulate and execute a daily plan is also a must. This is a fast paced and fun business that requires persistence, organization, creativity, and interpersonal skills. This position will be located in Wichita Falls, TX. Bilingual is requested but not required. Experience in media sales or a related field is also a plus, but not required.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online (Raycom Media Career Site) or go to kswo.com, then "about us" tab, then "KSWO job listings" and attach a cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
This individual is a highly skilled hunter who will focus on developing new revenue and new customers by identifying the prospect's digital marketing needs. The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, drive results for clients, and grow revenue within our market. It is required that this person have digital advertising experience and a proven successful record of revenue goal achievement and solution-based selling. In addition, they must possess strong analytical and relationship building skills. The candidate will also need excellent written, oral presentation skills with a strong capacity to interpret, communicate and solve complex business and organizational issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Set the pace as a digital seller among the sales team
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue targets.
- Collaborates with local market leaders, to execute sales campaigns, strategic objectives and other goals.
- Develop relationships with clients and Account Executives
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and monitor competitive products, innovations and activities.
- Independent prospecting of digital opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
- Develop and maintain a full funnel of prospects and properly track prospects through the funnel using internal tools
- Conduct professional meetings with Account Executives and clients.
- Professionally prepare and present custom proposals and solutions.
- Set expectations during pre-sale phase and manage post-sale to meet those expectations to ensure client satisfaction with an eye toward renewal and up-sell.
- Include ongoing digital media campaigns to support the digital presence.
- Work closely with the Account Management (sales support) team on the implementation and execution of digital campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
Desired: Bachelor's degree preferred
Digital sales or related experience or equivalent combination of work and education experience. Digital sales, digital services, cold calling, good communication skills. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Required: Comfortable and working knowledge of digital marketing techniques, platforms and sales methods.
Desired: Hungry, independent, self-driven, consultative, strategic seller
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task; highly organized and task oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic with a customer service positive attitude (internally and externally).
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate positively and productively in a team environment
- The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO TV, the Raycom Media station in southwest Oklahoma, has opening for a Reporter/ MMJ.
Applicant collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to write news stories for digital platforms and broadcasts. Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas. Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards. Must be able to work within a tight deadline and have excellent written English skills.
Qualifications are knowledge of electronic news gathering equipment and non-linear editing software required for this position. A degree in journalism, or related field preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and link to work. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR report required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB- ABC7 along the Suncoast in Sarasota, Florida, is looking for a News Photojournalist to join our team.
Successful candidate will have work experience in newsgathering on all platforms, ENG cameras and video editing (Edius). Must be capable of gathering news assignments on your own or as part of a team. Responsible for maintaining assigned gear, operating ENG trucks and live devices. Candidate will also be required to contribute content to digital platforms. Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays and weekends.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. All candidates must provide a reel of on air work experience and proof of social media excellence.
Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL 11, a Raycom Media CBS station in Toledo, OH is looking for a Media Sales Consultant to join our sales team.
The MSC should be goal and detail oriented as well and have an outgoing resourceful personality. Position requires the ability to multi-task and have a strong desire to meet and exceed client expectations. The optimal candidate must be a proven seller who knows how to use analytical tools that we will provide to influence decision makers to close the sale.
This financially rewarding commissioned sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus on selling advertising solutions. The MSC will be partnered with an Account Success Manager as well as a sales support system that includes a Research Director, Senior Digital Sales Specialist and other services.
The seller chosen for the vital position will work to ensure the success of the client's advertising campaign on our top-rated television station and our heavily trafficked digital solutions including mobile, apps, desktop and programmatic platforms.
If you are a closer with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this unusual and highly profitable opportunity.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/F
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter/MMJ to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media-WTOC, is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant.
A qualified candidate for this position must have strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in our fast-paced environment. This position works directly with the sales department, other station departments, advertisers and agencies on daily continuity duties, to assure that campaigns run as directed.
This position will be responsible for order entry on digital orders, putting together digital analytic performance reports, as well as maintaining excellent customer service relations at the agency and client levels. Candidate should also have experience in Power point, Word, Excel and Outlook and be proficient in data entry. Experience with digital traffic systems such as DFP is a plus. Experience with content management systems, the Frankly site management tool, and open source development is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, fun environment.
Apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you an aggressive, goal-orientated person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? WTOC-TV, the CBS affiliate location in beautiful Savannah, GA is looking for a Media Sales Consultant.
The MSC Position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers.
A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
- Must be enthusiastic, self driven, self-motivated, confident and strong prospecting/hunter skills.
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business, as assigned.
Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC-TV, the CBS and Raycom Media affiliate in beautiful Savannah is seeking a full-time Success Manager.
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants and Media Planners, Research hub and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance. Ideal candidate will be a proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions, and be passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience. Skills and qualifications include minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience, strong administrative skills, detail orientated, strong communication skills and proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-pace environment. College degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria.
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship.
- Handles all makegoods, order entry, proposals and manage the CRM tool (Client Relationship Management).
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign.
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning.
Qualified applicants may apply online and attach resume with cover letter to https://careersraycommedia.icims. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB - Account Executive
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? If you have ever wanted to work among influential community leaders while working in the entertainment industry then this position might be for YOU! WWSB, ABC 7 in Sarasota, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our winning sales team.
This position is responsible for growing existing accounts and developing new business on our locally produced, daily talk show, the Suncoast View. ABC 7 is seeing a candidate that will provide excellent customer service while selling the Suncoast View lifestyle segments both on air and on-line. Success will be measured by meeting and exceeding new and existing business development goals. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess problem solving skills, be detail oriented and have the will to succeed in a fast-paced environment. These individuals will be detail oriented with strong computer and organizational skills.
Qualified applicants only, apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and submit resume with your application. No phone calls please. Clean driving record and pre-employment drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Solicit potential clients for advertising on WWSB, specifically for the Suncoast View lifestyle segments on both Television and on the website. Advise clients on marketing their business by utilizing the strength of the program and station to grow the client’s business. Determine best plan for client’s budgets. Assist clients in producing the commercials with the best creative and message to effectively market their goods and services to the viewing audience with an internet component. Sell at rates determined by the station Sales Management for the segments and devise special packages as needed to close the business campaign. Maintain the advertising schedules to ensure that clients receive the advertising as promised. Make good any discrepancies that may occur through technical difficulty or by preemption due to inventory availability.
Maintaining a productive list and adding new business.
Overseeing production when necessary including writing copy and creating campaigns.
Selling web and any event or promotion that fit with the Suncoast View featured segments.
Servicing all accounts active or otherwise.
Doing what it takes to expedite business through the building, working with traffic, accounting and production
Will represent WWSB-TV in a positive, professional manner with fellow broadcast employees and within the community served by the station.
Will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
Will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
Suncoast View is a locally-produced daily talk show inspired by the ABC Network’s popular, long-running talk show, “The View”. The daily chat-fest features a dynamic team of co-hosts discussing local “hot news topics”, sharing their opinions and engaging in lively conversations on every day issues and subjects such as parenting, relationships, cooking, fashion, entertainment, home & garden and even politics.
Stephanie Roberts, the popular Co-Anchor of ABC 7’s Good Morning Suncoast, serves as the show’s moderator. Rounding out the dynamic team of Co-Hosts are ABC 7’s beloved and veteran Reporter Linda Carson and Suncoast View’s Senior Producer, Joey Panek.
WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks a Marketing Producer to join our award-winning team. In this role, you’ll put your creative thinking and skills to work to create exciting and emotion-driven advertising and content marketing alongside a creative and dynamic team. You’ll conceptualize, produce, write, edit, and share marketing creative across many channels: TV, social media, cable, radio, and more.
- Produce a variety of marketing assets for the station’s brand image and products for both on-air and digital platforms
- Create compelling copy and video that will drive viewers to our various news products
- Collaborate with other marketing team members on creative ideas or projects
- Identify and share new ways to improve marketing and drive results
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations
- Basic knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and DSLR cinematography
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred.
- Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/reel through http://raycommedia.com/careers to be considered
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to any project
- Expert visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, shooting, and editing
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
About Us: Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a part-time news/content specialist.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news/web content, editing video, production/journalism principles, and perform traditional production assistant duties (Chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter.) This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and upload your resume and any links to your work. No phone calls please. Drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB - Audience Development and Brand Manager
The Audience Development and Brand Manager is one of the station’s top brand authorities. This position provides expertise and support to News, Digital and all other local content efforts in the form of multiplatform creative strategies. This individual is a hands-on producer, who also manages the production and trafficking of station marketing content. The Audience Development and Brand Manager is primarily responsible for audience development.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the Audience Development and Brand Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Protect and improve the station’s brand image at all customer touchpoints.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development develop execution strategies for the station’s comprehensive, multiplatform marketing plan.
- Lead a creative team of employees, delegating responsibilities of the multiplatform marketing plan to successfully achieve goals and adapting to seize new opportunities as they present themselves.
- Produce breakthrough advertising that advances the station’s brand position and grow audience on all platforms.
- Identify and analyze key performance indicators using qualitative and quantitative research data synthesized from multiple sources such as Nielsen, ComScore, DOMO, CrowdTangle, etc.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Audience Development with management of the station’s outside media advertising budget, community events calendar and other public relations opportunities to maximize brand exposure to target audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred.
- Must have a creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Creative Suite software, lighting and DSLR cinematography.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising traditional broadcast, social and digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- 3 years experience in a creative leadership position implementing strategic priorities to achieve goals
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX News Now has an exciting opportunity for a reporter who knows how to use a camera, audio and creativity to tell compelling lead stories each night on TV and on our digital platforms. We're looking for a Reporter/MMJ who understands how to dig for news, break news, and instantly share that news on digital, on our social media platforms, and on TV.
The person we hire must be energetic, driven, have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and strong live skills. Candidates must be able to tell difficult stories, possess an investigative edge and be creative – adapting to various news stories. He or she must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field. He or she must be skilled to shoot & edit their own stories and employ digital first strategies. Exceptional planning and creative storytelling are a must. Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
If you embrace new technology, understand social media or can shoot and edit, make sure you apply. Go online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Sports - Associate Producer
The responsibility of an Associate Producer is to assist the production staff in the research, planning, and producing of specific television programming. Responsibilities include editing, shooting and writing scripts for human interest features and sponsored vignettes. Also duties could include working at game sites in various roles.
Other responsibilities, not related to specific job skills, include time management, the aptitude to communicate and work cohesively with many different types of individuals.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- At least 4 years of experience in broadcast and/or digital content.
- Knowledge of AVID editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Ability to operate ENG cameras (Sony F Series, DSLRs) and equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating/editing/shooting/writing long form features for various shows.
- Responsible for writing and editing sponsored features, promos, game roll-ins, and teases.
- Assists game and show producers in preparation for events.
- Knowledge of video router/routing/converting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expertise to be a creative editor/photographer/writer/producer.
- Knowledge of equipment and technology associated with our productions.
- Self-starter who can work at times with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication/personal skills.
- Ability to coordinate a feature shoot.
- Understand story ideas and concepts.
- Creative decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with strict time deadlines.
- Assists in obtaining research and information for the games and shows.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Working knowledge of technical equipment including a computer, audio and video requirements for games & shows, and graphics.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V