KCBD, NewsChannel 11 (NBC Affiliate) is looking for an aggressive Reporter/MMJ to join the dominant #1 news department in Lubbock, Texas. The experienced candidate must have the desire and ability to dig for stories with an emphasis on urgency and storytelling. This person must possess the skills to write and present polished TV packages on deadline, deliver creative live shots and take on multi-media responsibilities including writing for multiple platforms (web, mobile, social media sites). He/she must be able to enterprise ideas and develop sources. The candidate must also be willing to shoot and edit his/her own stories as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
- Journalism degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be willing and capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily publishing to on air, on-line, mobile technology, and social networking sites all under tight deadlines.
- Good driving record required.
- Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer system preferred.
- Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web.
- QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) AND ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND LINK TO YOUR MOST RECENT WORK. Pre-employment drug screening and MVR check required. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD NewsChannel 11 in Lubbock, TX is seeking a dynamic full-time Digital Content Producer.
We’re looking for someone to produce content for our digital and social platforms who speaks the social media language and knows how to engage and build a social media audience. This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them. The successful candidate must be creative and be an active content creator.
You must also be a top-notch digital journalist: able to write an AP-style news story for the web quickly and without errors. You must be able to learn and retain knowledge on complex processes, such as: sending out breaking news alerts, organizing content on our website and mobile app, setting up a livestream on our website and Facebook, finding and creating engaging web graphics, and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with knowledge and some experience in digital journalism.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume, and include link to samples of your previous work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about creating content that breaks the news story mold? Do you love food, travel, and the weekend lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area? And create engaging stories that present non-traditional revenue opportunities? If so, we want you to join our team.
WTVM News Leader 9 the #1 content brand in West Georgia and East Alabama is looking for a creative storyteller to help expand its rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, creative and multi-talented with the ability to produce multiple pieces weekly; splitting their time between writing, producing, shooting and editing content that engages and produce results across multiple platforms.
The City Weekend producer demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform content. Energetic, a strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter that will work with a team of producers or independently to produce a variety of creative assets for our broadcast and digital assets. The ideal candidate will also work with the sales team to develop new revenue opportunities for our expanding broadcast and digital properties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred. Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and DSLR (Canon C-100 a plus) cinematography. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat, Brightcove, Wordpress plus audience engagement and management tools for digital publishing, reporting and analytics experience is required.
On-camera experience a plus. Evenings and some weekends may be required.
If qualified, please apply online and include your cover letter, resume and demo reel. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE 3 News, the Raycom Media NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY has an immediate opening for a part-time News Specialist focusing on the technical aspects of newscast production.
The successful candidate will: operate teleprompter, studio cameras, audio, and run graphics. Other duties will include contributing stories to WAVE3.com and our mobile apps as well as associate producing and editing video. Previous television experience preferred. The hours will vary and may include early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Please apply online and attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WTOC in Savannah, GA is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with photography skills. This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to multiple platforms, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts.
This position will also require working weekends/nights/and holidays. Driving is required and candidates should have a good driving record. Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion should apply online.
Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a part-time news/content specialist.
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news/web content, editing video, production/journalism principles, and perform traditional production assistant duties (Chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter.) This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS News 10 and Raycom Media are searching for a dynamic reporter to lead our coverage of statewide news from the South Carolina capital.
The successful candidate will report on WIS/Columbia, WCSC/Charleston, WMBF/Myrtle Beach, WBTV/Charlotte, and WTOC/Savannah--all part of the Raycom News Network. We are looking for someone with previous experience and interest in political and public policy journalism. Developing contacts, breaking stories and leading investigations with statewide impact are a must.
Candidates should have MMJ skills and a proven track record doing multiple live reports on a daily basis. Time management is critical as is the ability to turn stories quickly for multiple newscasts as well as live shots for multiple stations. Some statewide travel will also be part of this job. The reporter will be expected to provide expert analysis of complicated statewide issues and will play a large role in election coverage. We have built a large social media following and expect this reporter to have demonstrable digital skills including experience writing long-form digital stories, working with Twitter followers and Facebook fans.
This is a unique opportunity for a reporter looking to quickly make an impact on market leading news operations. Finally, developing contacts is critical, as this enables the reporter to break stories consistently. Drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking dynamic, intelligent, creative and energetic team players to join our Sales Force in Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri. Experience in media sales or a related field is a plus, but not required. The winning candidate will be expected to achieve budget goals, service existing accounts, develop new business and implement advertising solutions for our clients utilizing all of our available platforms. Candidates should possess good marketing instincts, along with excellent communication and closing skills. College degree in business, sales or marketing preferred. Great income potential and benefits package. Previous sales experience is a plus.
If you have what it takes to be the newest member of the KFVS Sales team, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a Part-Time Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of one (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be capable of writing, editing and posting multiple stories on-air, on-line, mobile technology and to social media networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred.
Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter and link to your work. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, in Jackson MS, is seeking a full-time Broadcast IT Maintenance Engineer.
Qualified applicant will have experience in the design, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. This includes microwave, satellite, video servers and broadcast digital equipment. Candidate must exhibit an advanced knowledge of broadcast electronics, analog and digital technology, computers, LAN/WAN networks, station automation, digital UHF transmitters, related microwave and other RF equipment.
Candidate should be familiar with SD/HD digital TV formats, ATSC encoders and be able to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest related technologies and FCC rules and regulations. Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with weekend, night, on call and holiday work. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player.
Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen anc MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media is seeking an Information Technology assistant for the Charlotte market.
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years work experience in the IT industry with a strong knowledge of networking fundamentals. Experienced in software and hardware support with a proven set of troubleshooting skills is a must. Expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- Windows, Linux, OS X. Familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Industry certification is preferred and broadcast or video experience is a plus.
- Configure, maintain, and administer various business unit’s Local Area Network (LAN). This includes configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN.
- Install and maintain front office computers and laptops to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications.
- Responsible For maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems, including wire and cabling, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems.
- Work closely with the Broadcast Engineering and Broadcast Operations teams to implement and support networking technologies specifically designed for integration into the Broadcast environment.
- This is a full-time position that may require work during early morning hours, evening hours, weekends and holidays as part of a regular schedule. You must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable.
- At least five years of I.T. experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiar with maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment.
- Experienced in managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- A solid knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows.
- Be able to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other front office and television specific applications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity.
- Candidate should be able to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with television broadcast specific applications such as Traffic and Master Control automation systems is a plus.
If you are ready for your next challenge and feel you meet the above profile, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Success Manager, WMBF-TV, the NBC Affiliate in sunny Myrtle Beach, SC,is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our winning sales team.
The right candidate must be independent, creative, energetic, detail oriented, and highly motivated; also, must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude. This is an entry level position which provides experience and teaches the skills necessary for promotion into our Account Executive career. Previous media sales experience is not required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
ABC7 along the Suncoast in Sarasota, Florida, is looking for a Video Editor.
We’re looking for someone with experience in non-linear editing. The person who fills this role will focus on editing video for our newscasts and other daily programs. Solid news judgment and ability to multi-task are essential. Must be calm under pressure and have experience with breaking news and live shots. Familiarity with non-linear editing and digital video are essential.
Applicants must be team players with a great attitude and a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip, and be available to work various schedules.
You will be expected to work with our digital team and contribute to all the digital platforms.
Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume with cover letter. All candidates must provide a link to their reel of work experience. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA News 12 has immediate openings for a full-time News Content Specialists. Successful candidates are able to embrace and operate in a newsroom environment that blends news content gathering and production operation. Candidates must be self-starters, work well under daily deadlines and work independently as well as with others to enhance our multi-platform coverage.
Responsibilities include shooting and editing for all platforms as well as performing duties which include Chyron, audio, studio camera and prompter operations. The ability to write copy, identify and produce material for digital/social are a plus. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume' and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork—just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sound too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objective and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT. The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters, confident, and all have an entrepreneurial spirit, if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB, an NBC/ABC affiliate in Albany GA, is currently recruiting for a dynamic seller to become a National/Transactional Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be someone who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This position will be challenged in creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
- Candidate must possess strong motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of success. Attention to details is a must.
- Manage day to day activity of National Sales Rep Firm.
- Out of market travel will be required.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives are vital! Building buyer relationships, communicating clearly and concisely, as well as the ability to accurately forecast, budget and execute a strategic plan is critical.
- Must be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help National account businesses grow.
- Above average TV sales software skills are important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, ComScore, Media Sales and Sharebuilders.
- If you are a critical thinker, possess a strong work ethic and have the desire to win with innovative and new ideas, please apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
- EDUCATIONAL and/ or EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of equivalent experience selling and generating transactional accounts. Required skills include pro-active creative leadership, new business development, sales training, relationship building and a successful track record in television sales.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach a resume with cover letter. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19Now is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator for a multi-call letter hub operation. This position executes all functions required to maintain broadcast signals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log, and Discrepancy Report along with other detailed paper work. Satellite receiving setup and recording of satellite feeds, and ingest programing and interstitials into automated playback system. The operator must work well with other operators and departments in high stress situations.
Strong computer skills are essential, Crispin Automation experience a plus. Must be available to work any hours or shift assignment in this 24/7 Master Control operation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for an energetic, aggressive multimedia journalist who loves to break news and has to be first on all platforms- broadcast, digital, and social media.
You must be self-contained, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a clear, compelling story. At least two years of experience as an MMJ is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Anchor/Reporter to co-anchor the Good Morning Suncoast newscast.
This is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast daily. You will be expected to report daily in this position after the morning news and you must know how to shoot your own stories.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media.
Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset. You should have a digital mentality, sense of urgency and ability to distribute content in real time under tight deadlines.
The candidate for this position will be excited to take part in community events and represent the station proudly.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V