WTOL seeks a journalist who can produce one of our highly rated newscasts. Toledo, Ohio is an active news market -- from severe weather to various types of breaking events to business development to local politics to high school and college sports. In addition to Toledo and the metro area, we cover Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. You would be joining a strong multi-platform news operation with a great team, great resources and a great parent company: Raycom Media.
Given the stakes, we need a great writer with evident wisdom. At least two years of newscast producing experience is preferred, along with a journalism degree. Working knowledge of AP ENPS is a plus.
Trust the process and apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and and attach your resume and fill in all the blanks on the application. We look forward to hearing from you. Pre-employment drug test and motor vehicle screen required. No phone calls or emails, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFVS-TV is seeking a dynamic, intelligent, creative and energetic team player to join our Sales Force in a vibrant, growing market in Southern Illinois. Experience in media sales or a related field is a plus, but not required. The winning candidate will be expected to achieve budget goals, service existing accounts, develop new business and implement advertising solutions for our clients utilizing all of our available platforms. Candidates should possess good marketing instincts, along with excellent communication and closing skills. College degree in business, sales or marketing preferred. Great income potential and benefits package. Previous sales experience is a plus.
If you have what it takes to be the newest member of the KFVS Sales team, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record. No phone calls or emails please. KFVS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
WTOL-TV, in Toledo, OH, is seeking a full-time Photographer/Multi-media Journalist. Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field. Previous on-air experience at a commercial TV station is preferred. An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to execute those stories in a compelling manner on all platforms.
Necessary skills include shooting, editing and writing. Knowledge of social media and how it applies to television news is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Media Sales Consultant
WAVE-TV the NBC Affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a Media Sales Consultant.
Are you an aggressive, goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales position that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell? No paperwork—just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. It is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing, and we are looking for STAR sales professionals who want to join this team.
The Media Sales Consultant position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability to achieve set sales quotas. You will utilize an audience-based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge in order to assist their clients in defining specific marketing objectives in order to recommend high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Conducting thorough needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide superior follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
Develop new business and maintain current business.
Sell across all product platforms; broadcast, digital and OTT.
Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
The individuals who will become our Media Sales Consultants are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters, confident, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred
Qualified applicants, complete online application (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE, the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, is looking for a full time Producer. Minimum 2 years experience producing in any market size. Knowledge of ENPS preferred. We are looking for creative thinkers who produce with distinction and understand our brand. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts. Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important. Only optimistic attitudes who really understand the team approach need apply.
We are looking for someone who knows how to execute a strategic plan from the producer chair, consistently implement strategies within the content on a daily basis, and motivate those on their shift to execute the vision. Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client and as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants, Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position will report to the Local Sales Manager and is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies upsell opportunities within an account’s marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager’s account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional areas
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client’s advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles, and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client’s marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective, ROI expectations
- Key Traits
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or SalesForce experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFB CBS 9 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is seeking a Senior Digital Sales Specialist to help us proactively formulate and execute digital advertising strategies for our clients. The ideal SDSS candidate is a highly skilled sales professional with a extensive knowledge of digital advertising and marketing. The SDSS will work hand-in-hand with our team of Account Executives to create, coordinate, and execute digital ad campaigns. The SDSS will also supervise and manage these ad campaigns, provide front-end research, and optimize campaign performance. Some of the major responsibilities include:
• Coordination and execution of digital sales across all station websites, mobile and social media platforms
• Working with the Account Executives to create and present digital ad campaigns
• Monitoring and optimizing campaign results, and creating campaign summaries
The preferred applicant will have an undergraduate degree in marketing or mass communications along with 1-3 years of digital marketing/advertising experience. This includes experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns, Pay Per Click and Search campaigns, Facebook and Instagram campaigns, and familiarity of OTT TV technology.
This fulltime position includes a competitive salary, bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFIE 14News, the tri-state’s news and weather leader and NBC Affiliate in Evansville, IN. is seeking a Media Sales Consultant to join the number one sales team in Evansville.
The ideal candidate will be accomplished at maintaining and upgrading existing business, generating business from new clients and special projects for the television, internet, and mobile platforms. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidate should have 1-3 years of sales success in TV, Radio, Digital or Cable; we will consider someone with no broadcast experience if you can demonstrate sales success in another field.
We like candidates with a positive attitude, multi-tasking skills, a can-do spirit and high energy. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are helpful. The ability to find and develop new business, to not take no for an answer, and to close business is a must.
If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com . Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE_M/F/D/V
WTOL, Toledo's News Leader, is looking for an aggressive Investigative Reporter! Must have a proven track record of breaking big enterprise stories on TV and on digital, including examples of exposing government waste, holding the powerful accountable, and the ability to simplify complex stories. Five years of reporting experience required. Investigative reporting experience preferred. Ability to shoot and edit helpful.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to quickly develop contacts and sources, work with a team of professionals, and adhere to strict ethical standards. Must have previous experience with FOIA requests and computer assisted reporting. Candidate will also have the ability to report breaking news, and quickly turn investigative sidebars on big stories.
Qualified applicants, apply online and send a link, resume, references and a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy . Drug screen and MVR report required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT TV/FOX 40, Raycom Media station in Jackson, MS seeks an Associate News Producer. This person will edit video and write news stories for inclusion in on-air newscasts.
The best candidate will have strong writing skills, excellent news judgment and work well with all team members to produce engaging content. Experience with non-linear editing systems is preferred. Ability to handle strict deadlines and work with team members to accomplish tasks a must. This position will also learn news line producing for future growth opportunities.
Qualified applicants can apply online, attach a resume and a link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMBF, the NBC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is looking for a Digital Content Director to join the newsroom leadership team. This person will be responsible for developing and executing our digital strategy across all platforms. The Digital Content Director will directly supervise a team of producers, collaborate with news management on strategic initiatives, consistently analyze data to form best practices for digital products, work with the marketing team on cross-department efforts, coordinate a wide range of digital content across multiple platforms, and have innovative and unique ideas for digital and OTT content and its delivery. Being a team player, a leader and an innovator is a must for this fast-paced and demanding position. This is not an entry-level position.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems; previous Frankly CMS experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms, tactics and strategies
- Knowledge of current digital platforms including OTT, mobile and web-based products
- Experience in a 24/7 news environment including experience making editorial decisions
- Strong writing, presentation and video skills, including superb knowledge of AP style; previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Edius preferred
- Troubleshooting skills including experience working with remote vendor customer service and support teams
- Understanding digital audience analytics; preferably experience with Google Analytics data
The successful candidate should also have a track record of innovation and have sufficient confidence to experiment in the evolving segment of our business. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume, references, and links to recent work. Candidate must be able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO-TV is seeking a passionate, energetic and highly motivated Sales Executive. The business is changing every day and we need a person who can adapt quickly and maximize sales on all of our over the air and digital platforms.
Must have a high sense of urgency and an inner drive to want to be the best. A strong work ethic and the ability to formulate and execute a daily plan is also a must. This is a fast paced and fun business that requires persistence, organization, creativity, and interpersonal skills. This position will be located in Wichita Falls, TX. Bilingual is requested but not required. Experience in media sales or a related field is also a plus, but not required.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment, where hard work and excellence is rewarded, please apply online (Raycom Media Career Site) or go to kswo.com, then "about us" tab, then "KSWO job listings" and attach a cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
This individual is a highly skilled hunter who will focus on developing new revenue and new customers by identifying the prospect's digital marketing needs. The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, drive results for clients, and grow revenue within our market. It is required that this person have digital advertising experience and a proven successful record of revenue goal achievement and solution-based selling. In addition, they must possess strong analytical and relationship building skills. The candidate will also need excellent written, oral presentation skills with a strong capacity to interpret, communicate and solve complex business and organizational issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Set the pace as a digital seller among the sales team
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue targets.
- Collaborates with local market leaders, to execute sales campaigns, strategic objectives and other goals.
- Develop relationships with clients and Account Executives
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and monitor competitive products, innovations and activities.
- Independent prospecting of digital opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
- Develop and maintain a full funnel of prospects and properly track prospects through the funnel using internal tools
- Conduct professional meetings with Account Executives and clients.
- Professionally prepare and present custom proposals and solutions.
- Set expectations during pre-sale phase and manage post-sale to meet those expectations to ensure client satisfaction with an eye toward renewal and up-sell.
- Include ongoing digital media campaigns to support the digital presence.
- Work closely with the Account Management (sales support) team on the implementation and execution of digital campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
Desired: Bachelor's degree preferred
Digital sales or related experience or equivalent combination of work and education experience. Digital sales, digital services, cold calling, good communication skills. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Required: Comfortable and working knowledge of digital marketing techniques, platforms and sales methods.
Desired: Hungry, independent, self-driven, consultative, strategic seller
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task; highly organized and task oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic with a customer service positive attitude (internally and externally).
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate positively and productively in a team environment
- The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO TV, the Raycom Media station in southwest Oklahoma, has opening for a Reporter/ MMJ.
Applicant collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to write news stories for digital platforms and broadcasts. Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas. Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards. Must be able to work within a tight deadline and have excellent written English skills.
Qualifications are knowledge of electronic news gathering equipment and non-linear editing software required for this position. A degree in journalism, or related field preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and link to work. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR report required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WIS Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina's capital city is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB- ABC7 along the Suncoast in Sarasota, Florida, is looking for a News Photojournalist to join our team.
Successful candidate will have work experience in newsgathering on all platforms, ENG cameras and video editing (Edius). Must be capable of gathering news assignments on your own or as part of a team. Responsible for maintaining assigned gear, operating ENG trucks and live devices. Candidate will also be required to contribute content to digital platforms. Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays and weekends.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. All candidates must provide a reel of on air work experience and proof of social media excellence.
Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL 11, a Raycom Media CBS station in Toledo, OH is looking for a Media Sales Consultant to join our sales team.
The MSC should be goal and detail oriented as well and have an outgoing resourceful personality. Position requires the ability to multi-task and have a strong desire to meet and exceed client expectations. The optimal candidate must be a proven seller who knows how to use analytical tools that we will provide to influence decision makers to close the sale.
This financially rewarding commissioned sales opportunity allows the MSC to focus on selling advertising solutions. The MSC will be partnered with an Account Success Manager as well as a sales support system that includes a Research Director, Senior Digital Sales Specialist and other services.
The seller chosen for the vital position will work to ensure the success of the client's advertising campaign on our top-rated television station and our heavily trafficked digital solutions including mobile, apps, desktop and programmatic platforms.
If you are a closer with a track record of outside sales success, we want to talk with you about this unusual and highly profitable opportunity.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/F
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter/MMJ to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience preferred. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
Qualified candidates with a proven track record to in-depth investigative reporting, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, reel of recent work, and links to past enterprise or investigative reports.
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media-WTOC, is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant.
A qualified candidate for this position must have strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in our fast-paced environment. This position works directly with the sales department, other station departments, advertisers and agencies on daily continuity duties, to assure that campaigns run as directed.
This position will be responsible for order entry on digital orders, putting together digital analytic performance reports, as well as maintaining excellent customer service relations at the agency and client levels. Candidate should also have experience in Power point, Word, Excel and Outlook and be proficient in data entry. Experience with digital traffic systems such as DFP is a plus. Experience with content management systems, the Frankly site management tool, and open source development is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, fun environment.
Apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you an aggressive, goal-orientated person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? WTOC-TV, the CBS affiliate location in beautiful Savannah, GA is looking for a Media Sales Consultant.
The MSC Position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions of current and new customers.
A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objectives and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions and consistently delivering results.
- Must be enthusiastic, self driven, self-motivated, confident and strong prospecting/hunter skills.
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape.
- Develop new business and maintain current business, as assigned.
Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT.
Apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V