Through a shared services agreement, KSWO, LLC is recruiting for a BILINGUAL meteorologist for KAUZ News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX.
The successful candidate will join our First Alert team of 7 meteorologists, the biggest in the region, tracking storms for KAUZ, KSWO, and Telemundo Texoma, in North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma. Conversational fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Our meteorologists are known for weather delivery that includes accurate forecasting, high energy and a sense of urgency in their weathercasts. This position covers morning and weekend shifts, vacations by other meteorogists, and assists with severe weather coverage including storm chasing. Also serves as reporter/MMJ/ weather producer and other duties as assigned for all platforms.
Selected candidate will work closely with the First Alert team to create content for digital and social media. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record.
Qualified applicants, apply online, attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Promotion Manager
Are you a news junkie, thought of as the person who is always “the first to know?” Can you craft a share-worthy, 120 character, message in seconds? If you answered a resounding “YES”, keep reading.
This position is at the intersection of where bold ideas meet huge expectations. You will be responsible for recruiting viewers through a multi-platform approach to watch and interact with our product. KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the dominant source for News, Weather, and Sports on the South Plains. We connect with viewers not just through television, but also through a robust online and mobile presence, and we aim to do even more.
At the core, you will write, edit, and produce commercials and social media posts that engage a diverse audience. It will allow you the opportunity to flex your creative muscles, work with top notch Adobe editing and graphic software, and learn from an accomplished team all while remaining laser focused on KCBD’s targeted audiences. At your disposal will be the latest audience tracking software, allowing you to research, measure, and establish key marketing goals.
No wimps, whiners, or complainers. If you require a recipe to get stuff done, please know we write a new one almost daily. A self-starter is a must. Please know that our interview process is thorough. If you’re selected, our First 90 Days Program includes required reading and detailed goal setting all with the purpose of clearly defining what winning looks like in your new role.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Three years in news marketing or equivalent experience is preferred. Extensive knowledge in video editing, shooting, graphic design and news writing. Love for News; A graphic eye.
TYPICAL SCHELDULE: Full time, Monday – Friday 8:30-5:30 and the occasional weekend or evening.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
If you're a news hound who lives for push alerts, impactful local stories and storm chasing, then News Channel 6, the Raycom Media CBS affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX has the job for you!
Through a shared services agreement, KSWO LLC is recruiting a morning newscast producer for KAUZ in Wichita Falls.
Producers play a pivotal role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day on all our platforms: TV, apps, and social media. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in a timley, compelling manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and History majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM-TV7 is looking for a Sports Anchor/Reporter. The ideal candidate must be dynamic and have a great personality. They must be organized, aggressive and can plan for big sporting event coverage.
We’re looking for a candidate with the ability to effectively use social media to enhance our product and drive viewership to all three screens.
The candidate should have the ability to set up stories, shoot, write, edit their own work and produce their own sportscast. Another must requirement is the ability to tell hyper local sports stories. We aren’t looking for someone to give scores and highlights from national sports; our focus is local. The ability to report live, on location at sporting events in a compelling fashion is a must.
Additionally, we’re looking for a candidate with at least a year or two of Sports Directing experience. Other duties as assigned by news management.
Qualified applicants apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBRC Fox6 News seeks a full-time Meteorologist. Primary duties include helping with preparing, producing, writing and crafting content for their show segments, WBRC digital properties and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive of and create new weather and science-based stories for the assigned channel
- Stay aware of current meteorological pattern and contribute stories to the weather-content editorial process
- Drive the inclusion and prioritization of weather stories in the assigned program or day part, creates graphics, and /or commissions the creation and/or acquisition of supporting visual content
- Mine all available resources, including social media, for possible weather story ideas & content
- Work closely with on-camera meteorologists to ensure that their weather storytelling is well-organized, well-prepared, and includes language that connects most effectively with our target television audience(s)
- Coordinate with show producers to assure continuity in weather storytelling
- Prepare content using multiple graphic platforms
- Produce weather blocks that are well-organized, well prepared and targets a television audience
- Maintain proficiency with software changes
- Knowledge of social media and its role in the information and content gathering process
- Strong ability to communicate orally and verbally. Ability to disseminate complex meteorological information in a useable and understandable manner
- Ensure that WBRC Fox6 is first-to-air visually and verbally with all breaking weather information
- Customer focused, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Displays strong collaborative skills and works effectively through conflict
- Effectively contributes to team goals within a highly interactive, and at times, stressful environment
- Maintains high standards for product, performance, and ethics
- Quickly learns and applies new technologies and leads others in new initiatives
- Receives feedback constructively and incorporates that feedback into work products and performance
- Exhibits creative problem-solving skills and unique resourcefulness in order to complete tasks
- Support coverage of significant weather events, including working extra hours and days outside of normally scheduled shifts
- On-air work is limited. This position is mostly behind the scenes
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, design, or a related field
- 1 year of meteorological experience to include 1 years of television or graphics building experience
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KFDA NewsChannel 10, the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas, is looking for an entry-level multimedia journalist to write, edit, and present high-quality content for our broadcast and digital platforms.
Our multimedia journalists primarily work outside of the station, embedding themselves into Texas Panhandle communities while finding and delivering the stories of urgency and impact for its residents. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, able to work independently, and can complete multiple tasks while working against a deadline. Candidates should be able to enterprise story ideas and develop reliable sources through networking.
MMJs have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10’s standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as presenting that work live (in-studio and field) during station broadcasts. Skill in videography and non-linear editing software is required. A four-year Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field is preferred. Some driving is required for this position. Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Interested applicants should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and submit a resume. A link to an updated video reel is also required. No phone calls or emails, please. EOE-M/F/D/V
NewsChannel 10 is a property of Raycom Media Inc., one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies. Raycom Media employs over 8,300 journalists across 20 states. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WTVM-TV, the ABC affiliate in Columbus, GA/Opelika, AL, WTVM Digital and BOUNCE TV is seeking a highly experienced salesperson. We are looking for the right person – one with a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience.
The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented and someone that has dealt with advertising agencies or worked in the national spot TV business. This position would be dealing with many transactional television spot clients. The candidate must also be a great listener, able to build relationships thru phone and email and have a strong desire to help WTVM maximize spot revenue. In addition, the candidate should be highly organized, timely and a highly effective communicator.
The candidate must also have a working knowledge of digital advertising and the opportunities that advertising agencies would be interested in. As an ABC affiliate, WTVM can help clients with high profile events such as The Oscars, the NBA Finals, ABC Saturday Night College Football, Saturday Afternoon College Football, The CMA Awards, and the American Music Awards. Columbus, GA is the home of AFLAC, Ft. Benning, TSYS and nearby Auburn University and Kia Motors Manufacturing.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Maintain strong working relationships with all clients
- Represent a favorable station image
- Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Matrix, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales preferred
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred.
Qualified applicants please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT Television, the #1 station and award winning NBC affiliate in Mississippi's capital city is looking for an experienced morning anchor who is passionate about our business.
The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills. This opportunity is for a curious mind and someone who thrives on breaking news and digital coverage. Along with anchoring, this candidate will be a storyteller who is expected to turn daily content and special reports. We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic and enjoys storytelling across platforms. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required.
Qualified applicants with prior anchoring experience should apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KAIT-TV, Raycom Media’s ABC/NBC affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is looking for a dynamic and energetic multi-media weekend sports reporter/anchor.
This person must demonstrate strong on-air and behind the scenes skills including reporting, writing, shooting, editing, producing and social media engagement. Extensive knowledge of building a brand through all social media platforms. Must be self-motivator with good time management and strong communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
Qualified candidates please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume with cover letter, and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The WTVM Success Manager
The Success Manager works in close concert with our Media Sales Consultants (MSC) and Digital Team to help develop and coordinate strategic marketing initiatives to meet key clients’ objectives. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the needs and actions of their partner Media Sales Consultants.
- In conjunction with the Media Sales Consultant (MSC), the SM coordinates the planning and execution of broadcast and digital campaigns for specified clients.
- Interprets data and makes targeted, focused recommendations to clients that will drive changes in their business strategy
- Interfaces with clients on a variety of levels and functions while managing client expectations, including order entry, resolving makegoods and discrepancies, and in general, stewarding the client’s advertising schedules on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Acquires knowledge of the client’s business and customers so that marketing and advertising problems and opportunities may be anticipated and addressed
- Manages MSC’s schedule and appointments to communicate and maximize time with clients to present and close business.
- Assists MSC in setting appointments through outbound phone cold calling.
- Effectively collaborate with other departments to coordinate sales projects.
- Prospect new clients, manage deals and forecasts prospective closes throughout the different sales stages.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising.
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Experience with Matrix a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media’s value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL, the CBS affiliate in Toledo, OH seeks a Production Engineer (Master Control Operator) responsible for operation of all systems within a multi station master control.
Duties include, but are not limited to, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup and record satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and prepare video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems. Must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs.
Work shift will include overnights, weekends and holidays. Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required. Previous master control experience desirable.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you passionate about digital storytelling? Can you create graphics which will break through the news and information clutter? Would you like to join an innovative team dedicated to producing quality journalism in a rapidly changing media environment?
If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Raycom Media’s Digital Content Center is recruiting a graphic designer to join our team of journalists, producers, and social media experts. We’re looking for people who can create news and information content tailored to the way our audiences are consuming it. As part of our Content Center, you will -
- Create custom animations and graphics for video productions
- Create custom graphics for social distribution
- Produce animated explainers for social and digital distribution
- Create custom infographics for social and digital distribution
Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving, start-up environment and be proficient in the following:
- Demonstrated ability to turn concepts into easy to understand visuals.
- Strong design skills and experience in video, film, or digital.
- Have a strong creative portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of leading social media platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Ability to work independently across teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in art, design or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing skills and AP Style a plus.
Ready to join us? Apply online at http://www.raycommedia.com/careers. Please be ready to submit 3 writing samples and/or video pieces you’ve created. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Here’s some information about us;
Raycom’s Digital Content Center is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
We have a digital audience of more than 40-million unique users each month. They use our websites, apps and mobile products to find out what is happening in our communities, country and the world. We also have more than 9 million people who like and follow our brands on Facebook. We like them too.
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions.
KCBD NewsChannel 11 in Lubbock, Texas has an immediate opening for a part-time Associate Producer. The successful candidate will edit video for newscasts and digital platforms and have the opportunity to assist with writing for those platforms.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including holidays. The shift is primarily evenings, but other dayparts may be required from time to time. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing news & digital content, editing video, and production/journalism principles. Previous television experience always preferred but not required, as this is an entry level position. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and link to your work. ABSOLUTELY No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFXG FOX 54 NEWS NOW in Augusta, GA is looking for an experienced Multi-media Journalist. The right candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong passion for breaking news and digital coverage. Candidate must also have a great work ethic, enjoy storytelling, and be committed to upholding our brand.
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside WFXG studios and remotely
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
- Stay current on both local and national news events
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WFXG employees and external organizations
- 2 years of experience as a television reporter in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in Augusta, GA
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or Older
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers/news sites, professional journals, technical reports and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
Qualified applicants only, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please.EOE-M//F/D/V
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation's largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post-production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.
WIS/Raycom Media-The #1 Television Station & the #1 Local Digital Platform in Columbia, SC, has an opening for an experienced Multi-Platform Consultant with 3-5 years sales experience. You must have a proven track record of negotiating and developing business in broadcast sales and digital sales.
Excellent customer service is our benchmark and you will have an opportunity to work with one of the largest support staffs in the country to grow your business. Experience with MSOffice, Matrix, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Wide Orbit Traffic preferred.
Qualified applicants, please APPLY ONLINE (Raycom Media Careers) and attach cover letter and resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSLA-TV is seeking a part-time Associate Producer. Successful candidate will perform traditional associate producer duties, including working as the weekend newscast producer, building newscasts, selecting stories, and writing scripts for newscasts. Other newsroom duties include editing and posting to KSLA's digital products.
This is an exciting position with great potential for growth. Weekend work and flexible hours are required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred. Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KCBD - Digital Sales Specialist
This position reports to Director of Digital Marketing and is responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio. This person will work independently to develop advertising relationships. Raycom media is on the cutting edge of media companies with a product suite that includes Internet, mobile, SMS, e-mail marketing, deals, contesting and social media. High volume phone and face-to-face calls will be required daily.
Applicant must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. Great upside potential for the right person.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL/KGMB TV - Hawaii News Now:
LOCAL CONTENT - EDITOR
Creative Storyteller Wanted!
Are you passionate about video storytelling? Do you love food, travel, and lifestyle? Can you find amazing places and people in our area and create engaging stories and videos? If so, we want you to join our team.
HNN is looking for a creative video editor to join our new custom content initiative. She/he will be responsible for delivering multiple pieces weekly, including a 30-minute weekly program. This person will primarily edit video content and provide post-production and graphics support to the rest of the production team, but may also be asked to produce, shoot and direct pieces as needed. We are looking for a person who is great to work with and quick on their feet.
- Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong editing skills
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, Photoshop
- Demo reel is required
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
- Must be energetic, positive, and great to work with
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter; able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your cover letter, resume, and link to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 News station in Cincinnati is looking for our next great reporter! WXIX-TV in Cincinnati wins with urgent live shots, great exclusives, and powerful storytelling every night. We are looking for an experienced Multi Media Journalist with a hunger for breaking news and tracking down an exclusive lead story. The ideal candidate will also create different active and compelling presentations for on air and digital platforms, using pre-production, graphics and other tools to give the viewer a smart, clear and impressive story. Candidate must have a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
Minimum of five years experience preferred. We want a passionate candidate who is aggressive and not afraid to dig. Applicants must be able to quickly develop contacts and work sources and be a team player with strong communication skills. Experience with FOIA requests is preferred. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and send a link to your work, resume, references and a cover letter explaining your news attitude and philosophy. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, an NBC affiliate in Jackson MS, is currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to become Local Developmental Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of success.
- Manage a team of Media Sales Consultants and Success Coordinators that focus entirely on Local, non-transactional business.
- Exceptional skills in recruiting, coaching and training exceptional sellers is a must.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives, building relationships, communicating clearly and the ability to forecast, budget and execute a strategic plan is critical.
- Spreadsheet and above average TV sales software skills are important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, Comscore, and Media Sales.
- If you are a critical thinker, possess a strong work ethic and have the desire to lead a first class sales team with innovative and new ideas, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university. Two or more years related experience.
Required skills include pro-active creative leadership, new business development, sales training, relationship building and a successful track record in television sales.
Qualified applicants apply online at https://raycommedia.icims2/internal-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/5071/local-sales-manager/job (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls or emails please. EOE-M/D/F/V