WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for a Master Control & Studio Operations Tech to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
*Make sure station breaks air on time and in the right location.
*Check quality of program feeds prior to air time.
*Make sure station programming air correctly
*Record satellite program feeds & segment syndicated programming
*Record newscasts for playback
*Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air.
*Check next day’s logs for missing material and keep accurate program and transmitter logs.
Good mathematical and computer skills are necessary.
Candidate must also be able to efficiently operate studio cameras, operate the audio board for newscasts, edit video for newscasts and assist with newsroom duties.
A high school diploma is preferred and the successful candidate must be flexible to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Applicant must be able to understand and respond to both written and oral communication and work well with others.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Are you ready to work at a legacy station? KPLC-TV is hiring a part-time News Content Specialist to assist with our newscasts on NBC, FOX, and ABC.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties such as chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter. The right candidate will also help with newsroom duties such as shooting and editing. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFF, in Huntsville AL, is seeking a full-time News Producer.
- Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link(s) to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WCSC, in beautiful Charleston SC, is seeking a PT News Content Specialist.
Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Ability to work early mornings (4A-9A Monday thru Friday) required. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WOIO Cleveland 19 News is seeking a full-time MMJ/Reporter. Applicants should have a minimum of (3) years experience preferred. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects. Must be able to lift and carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing, and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line, mobile technology, and to social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
Candidate must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and must be a creative story-teller. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred. Must learn and understand the difference between television writing and writing for the web. Must demonstrate the ability to produce high level of reporting including investigative stories, and have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night. Must also contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts. Drug screen and MVR required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAVE 3 News, the NBC affiliate in Louisville, Ky., is looking to add a full-time producer capable of publishing content to all platforms, including web, mobile, broadcast and social media.
Qualified applicants will have experience producing and posting articles, slideshows and videos (live and on-demand) to digital platforms such as desktop and mobile. On a given shift, the producer we choose may do anything from producing a story in the field to line producing a newscast.
We're seeking a multi-screen-minded wizard with a diverse skill set and a comfort working in a fast-paced newsroom environment. A strong candidate is one who's mindful of live and on-demand video opportunities for all platforms, especially our increasingly important OTT product on ROKU, Amazon Fire and soon-to-launch Apple TV.
Enthusiastic producers with a four-year college degree, strong news judgment and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without much supervision are encouraged to apply. The ideal multi-platform producer is one with prior newsroom experience who can thrive in a breaking news environment in which priorities and assignments change frequently. Process and technology evolve frequently as well, so being a quick learner helps, too.
Our shop is big on training and helping young producers develop their skill sets and keeping them on a growth track. In that this is a television newsroom, flexibility with scheduling is a must. We're currently building out our news team of the future; candidates interested in helping maintain a positive work environment are the only ones we hire. Is that you?
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and upload your resume, references, and work examples. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL-KGMB TV- Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), Hawaii’s dominant news organization and premier multimedia company has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated and a high-achiever with excellent communication skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Drive new television and digital sales, as well as upselling key existing accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and advertising.
- Experience in television, digital or media industry.
- Experience in new business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply on-line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KLTV-TV (ABC) the dominant #1 station in Tyler/Longview, TX has an immediate opening for a talented, motivated Senior Account Executive to join our energetic and professional sales team in the Tyler office. We seek an experienced Account Executive with a track record of success in media. We seek self starters with a sense of urgency who can sell new business on-air, on-line, and on mobile platforms while maintaining and growing existing business. Candidates must be detail oriented and have excellent communication & customer service skills.
College degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years in media sales required with a history generating new business income. Media and/or Marketing background is a plus. Self starter, with the ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner while working in a fast-paced environment; High achiever with excellent communication skills, creativity, and persistence; Strong work ethic and integrity; Problem solving and organizational skills; Ability to exceed budget through new and existing business development. Applicants must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Applicants should be prepared to have a robust new business goal of $200,000 annually.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. The candidate must have reliable transportation that meets required insurance coverage needs. A pre-employment drug screening is required.
Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and frequently be exposed to outside conditions.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Include cover letter and resume. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring an entry level Account Executive. Candidate must demonstrate the drive and initiative to develop local direct business revenue utilizing numerous TV and Digital solutions available. Candidate must be self-starter that is detail-oriented and a problem solver. Strong presentation skills, competence with computers and Microsoft suite of products are required. Sales experience a plus, and a college degree preferred. Compensation package includes base salary plus commission.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
KSLA, a CBS Affiliate in Shreveport LA, is currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to become our National Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, highest level of customer service and sales skills, along with a proven track record of success with negotiating and servicing National agencies.
- Manage day to day National Sales activity, as well as grow share utilizing research and strong relationships.
- Achieving digital and broadcast sales objectives, continuously building relationships, communicating clearly and concisely, accurate forecasting, budgeting, develop and executing a strategic plan is critical.
- Inventory Management, Spreadsheet and above average TV sales software skills are very important, including Wide Orbit, Matrix, Audience Measurement research, and Sharebuilders.
- Travel is required.
- If you are a critical thinker, posses a strong work ethic and have the ability to be problem solver, please apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Educational and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four year College or University and two or more years of National Sales preferred. Required skills include exceptional negotiation ability, problem solving and successful track record in growing share and building relationships.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach a resume with cover letter. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please.
KSWO TV/kswo.com, MeTV, Telemundo in Lawton, OK seeks a dynamic full-time sales assistant to support sales staff and clients. Outstanding people skills are a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: accurate order input and revisions, contract verification, inventory control, programming updates, assisting our Multi-Screen Marketing Specialist in developing customized professional presentations. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will be very organized and have a positive, professional attitude.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach a cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for a MMJ/Reporter to join our award-winning news team.
We are looking for a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. You will will break stories on digital first and throughout the day in the Pine Belt.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
Live 5 WCSC, the #1 station in Charleston, SC, is looking for a great writer to join our team as a part-time digital content producer.
The producer reports to the Digital Content Manager and is a critical part of our newsroom team.
The producer will write and produce web stories and digitize and attach video on our digital platforms and send out breaking news alerts. The producer will also craft effective posts on the station's social media pages.
This is a part-time position that requires being willing to work flexible days and hours.
We're looking for someone who understands how to write for the web, how to communicate with others, and can produce a clear and accurate news story. We're also looking for someone who can work well as part of a big team and hold their own when occasionally working solo. We also want someone who is a go-getter and who has the drive to search for news stories.
Successful candidate will also perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to our website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility.
This is a great opportunity for journalism students who want to get their foot in the door in a strong newsroom and begin creating that dream career.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Career Site) and attach resume and link to your most recent and best work. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19NOW in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a part-time News Content Specialist. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
This position also requires candidates to have the ability and enthusiasm to learn how to write and post content to station web site, along with editing video clips for on-air newscasts and station web site.
Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online and attach your resume and any links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLBT, the #1 station and NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a New Media Graphic Designer to join our award-winning news team.
We are looking for a creative leader and self-starter who has the ability to design across platforms in a newsroom setting. This person will be a point person for our on-air and digital news graphics presentation. The ideal candidate is an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs, Chyron, Lyric, and advanced knowledge of 3D animation software. The New Media Graphic Designer will conceptualize and produce award-worthy and audience-motivating graphics.
Exceptional organization and strategic thinking is required to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development. This individual is a hands-on motions graphic artist, who works closely with News Managers to conceptualize and create graphics for daily newscasts as well as social and digital platforms.
This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multi-platform visual branding.
The ideal candidate has an incredible sense of urgency and the ability to produce graphics within a short time frame to make multiple deadlines daily.
Bachelor’s Degree in Design and newsroom experience is preferred.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and a Web CMS is a plus.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WLBT, Jackson’s NBC Affiliate is looking for a detail oriented, solution minded Client Success Specialist to work in a fast-paced environment and offer reliable support to the sales team as well as work closely with Transactional AE’s and management. The ideal candidate is very organized, can work well under pressure and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely.
Work closely with Transactional Account Executives at the station to provide complete customer service to all clients. The Client Success Specialist will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with transactional customers and ensuring that all orders and contracts are booked and run correctly. Responsibilities also include updating customers on program changes, ratings delivery, and overall performance of each campaign to ensure success.
Relay maintenance of contracts to agencies where action is required, including, but not limited to spot make goods, program changes and under delivery weight.
Maintaining and updating Matrix (or other CRM data base) on a regular basis to track contact information, account activity, and revenue performance.
Work closely with Traffic department to solve any missing copy, open scheduling issues including copy and media resolution, order validation and dispute resolution.
Complete necessary steps to process new client set ups in Wide Orbit.
Organize sales presentations and ensure that all sales presentation materials are prepared prior to deadlines.
Understanding of ratings and audience within both broadcast and digital is a plus to maximize opportunity with clients.
Travel with sales teams to local and national agencies when necessary.
- Proficiency in data entry, MS Word, PowerPoint, Matrix, and Excel. Experience in broadcast order entry and Wide Orbit experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Jackson
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and everything else? KSLA NEWS 12 (Shreveport, LA) the CBS affiliate has a position where those skills can be put to work.
We are looking for a savvy storyteller who can use all of our digital tools to cover breaking news as well as daily content on our digital and broadcast platforms. The right person will be a social butterfly who enjoys getting out in the community. We are looking for a positive, highly motivated and creative storyteller. Duties will include writing, producing, shooting and editing content for all platforms. Some broadcast MMJ duties might also be included.
•College journalism degree or equivalent required.
•Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
•Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
•Experienced with video and still editing systems, such as Edius, Premier, Photoshop
•Web posting experience
•Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production time-lines
•Must be energetic and positive
•Must be highly motivated self-starter, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
•Experience and comfortability with social media [Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat] with willingness to post and engage on all platforms
•Experience on-camera to not only give interviews for feature videos, but also be interviewed on the news
•Must be a creative thinker
Apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your resume and include links to your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL, the CBS affiliate in Toledo, OH seeks a part time Production Engineer.
Duties include, but are not limited to, studio camera operation, audio console operation, operation of station broadcast automation systems, editing on-air playlists, setup and record satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, ingest and prepare video content onto servers, live on-air switching and quality control of all programming and transmission systems. Work shift can include overnights, weekends and holidays. Successful candidates must work well in a high pressure, fast paced, live news environment and possess excellent computer skills. Excellent communication/people skills required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V