KWES-TV is seeking a highly motivated experienced multi-platform (TV & Digital) account executive. The successful candidate will work with a driven and highly motivated sales team to support the local television and digital sales operations of KWES-TV. The primary responsibility will be to maximize NEW business revenue on NBC, CW, Telemundo and La Ley Radio and Newswest9.com. Responsible for revenue goals which includes developing new business by selling custom market solutions.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Persuasiveness, sales ability, motivated, results-oriented, organized, leadership skills, detail oriented. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KSWO 7 News is recruiting a News/Content Specialist. Successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting content to our digital and social media platforms. Candidate will be expected to cross train in newscast directing. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required, including nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays. College Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KNIN is seeking full-time Creative Services Commercial Producer. This position requires the ideal candidate to be a self-starter with hands on knowledge and experience in all aspects of commercial production. Non-linear editing experience, shooting in studio and in the field, strong writing skills and knowledge of proper lighting techniques are a must. This person will be expected to be a team player and will work closely with sales and clients to conceptualize, write, shoot and edit commercials.
This individual will also take part in all aspects of promotion and marketing, A knowledge of digital and social media platforms and marketing is a plus. This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager. Candidate must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening test. A college degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field; can be substituted for 3 years of experience in media marketing, advertising and promotion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in developing compelling content for broadcast and digital consumption
- Proficiency in editing software, including Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite Software (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 35-lbs. and stand for extended periods of time (2-8 hours) during production shoots/events in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Strong social media
An ideal candidate would also possess the following qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a broadcast television or agency production department
- Prior experience working directly with clients
- Experience in videography & cinematography
- Experience in video motion graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Software.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
News Specialist– NBC12 seeks part-time news/content specialist. Qualified candidates should have experience in all areas of broadcast operations including microwave, tape editing, graphics, camera and audio. Good computer and internet skills. Work schedule may include days, nights and weekends. Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Drug Screen required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
Do you enjoy creating something from nothing? Then we have the job for you.
Producers play a vital role in the newsroom. They help craft and present the news of the day. Successful producers enjoy reading, writing, editing video, making graphics, and everything in between that helps them take their vision and put it on the air and online in an effective manner. They are communicators. They are curious. And they are creative.
College graduates are preferred, even if you didn't major in journalism. Radio/TV majors, Communication majors, English majors, and Music majors are all encouraged to apply.
A blank rundown is a blank canvass. The news is your paint. What can you create?
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WECT, the Raycom-owned NBC affiliate in the beautiful, coastal city of Wilmington North Carolina is currently seeking a dynamicleader to serve as General Manager.
Find out why Wilmington is a great place to work and live! Defined by its rich past and bright future Wilmington is a vibrant riverfront city with timeless character that has preserved its historic places, while fostering an ever-evolving independent spirit. Pristine beaches and marshlands are minutes away, their National Register Historic District is one of the largest in the U.S. and is home to the University of NC Wilmington.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Group Vice President.
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Must be the “face” of Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximize profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds upon a great station culture Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (previous General Sales Manager, News Director or General Manager experience preferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication and staff development/retention/advancement
- Current portfolio includes successful leadership and innovation on TV and digital platforms.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WTOL-TV, in Toledo, OH, is seeking a full-time Reporter/Multi-media Journalist. Successful candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field. Previous on-air experience at a commercial TV station is required. An ideal candidate knows how to find and develop strong story ideas and how to develop those stories in a compelling manner.
Necessary skills include shooting, editing and writing. Knowledge of social media and how it applies to television news is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume and links to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F
Raycom Media, Inc. is recruiting to fill Television Traffic Inventory Specialist positions to join its Centralized Traffic Operations in Charlotte, NC. The Specialist will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the daily broadcast logs, maintaining 13 weeks of commercial inventory, and keep open lines of communication with all levels of station management.
Television Traffic Specialist Responsibilities
- Provide the station with the necessary daily log inventory information to help them maximize revenue potential.
- Address all advertiser/product separation requirements.
- Work with the local station staff to ensure accurate inventory code selection on orders.
- Attend weekly station pricing/inventory meetings and provide pertinent information to assist the station reach their revenue goals.
- Understand and anticipate how local needs may differ from station to station.
- Use best practices and have the ability to understand and enforce Raycom Standards
- Provide backup as needed to other Traffic Specialists
- Perform other duties as instructed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail characteristics
- Ability to meet station and department deadlines
- Critical thinking skills with a focus on problem solving and providing solutions
- Previous Radio or TV experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic or related scheduling software a plus.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Broadcasting, or related field preferred.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOC in Savannah, GA is seeking an experience IT Manager with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, experience with software and hardware support, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Broadcast experience is a plus. Candidate should also have expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- primarily Windows and a familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe. Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in information technology preferred. Experience in a broadcast environment a plus. EOE- M/F/D/V
Primary responsibilities include:
- Local Area Network (LAN): responsible for configuring, maintaining, and administering the station’s Local Area Network (LAN) environment. This includes implementation, configuration, planning, management, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the LAN environment within the station. Working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing scheme. Document and understand the station’s network topology, remote access, and VPN.
- Computers: responsible for configuring, installing, managing, maintaining, updating, and integrating the computers within the station to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and software applications. This includes purchasing computers and maintaining an updated inventory of model, make, year, and other relevant information.
- Server Administration: responsible for maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and servers in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment, including Organizational Unit awareness. Adds and configures printers. Responsible for managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
- Desktop Operating Systems and Applications: Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows. Ability to install and configure applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other television specific applications. Ability to properly configure the network properties to communicate with TCP/IP and station IP networks.
- Cellular Phones and tablets. Knowledge and familiarity with cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Ability to configure devices for email, store and app purchases, find my device, passcodes, and other relevant parameters. Understand WiFi and LTE connectivity
- Telephone System: maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems including wire and cable facilities, telephone system equipment, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems. Documentation should include PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs and cross connects, and handset models and locations.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE-TV FOX 8 in New Orleans, LA is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer to write and post fresh content to our website/apps, write clickable headlines that get results and engage the FOX 8 audience through our social media channels. You must be able to create and distribute content in real time with a focus on reaching news consumers on all platforms.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a newsroom paired with strong and efficient writing skills that also have a creative flair. You should also have a practical knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, blogging and experience on a content management system.
Candidates must also have a passion for news. You should be able to thrive in busy environment and excel as part of a team while also being proficient enough to work independently. Video editing experience is preferred.
Apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Be prepared to send writing samples and proof of social media use to engage audiences. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WMC Action News 5 in Memphis, Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time news producer.
The ideal candidate must be a strong writer, a clear communicator, and have solid news judgement. Our producers oversee a team of reporters and photographers, while working with our desk and executive producers. To join our team, you must understand the importance of being a multiplatform producer. We train our producers to be the company’s next managers.
Applicants must have at least two years of experience in a commercial television newsroom and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB-TV in Albany, GA is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a multi-media journalist/reporter. The ideal candidate will have a strong on-air presence and excellent writing skills for on-air broadcast and digital platforms. Candidate must excel at making connections and researching information to develop strong story ideas.
We are seeking someone who has a great work ethic, enjoys storytelling, and who is committed to upholding our live, local, and late breaking brand. This position also requires writing and creating video for our online products and social media sites. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required. Camera and editing experience is a must. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and links to your work. NO phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WALB is seeking a full-time Sales Assistant/Success Manager. This position will support the local sales team with day to day operations which include data entry, work orders, reports and campaign plans. Must be proficient with computer skills and time management. Applicant should be detail oriented. Must work well in an fast moving, high volume environment. Will need to be able to create presentations and Big Ideas to local accounts. Marketing experience is a Plus but not required. Drug screen required.
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Content Producer – KPLC-TV in Lake Charles is seeking a full-time Digital Content Producer. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, and embrace a newsroom culture that has a heavy focus on our website, social media and other digital platforms. This is the perfect position for someone wanting to join a great television station owned by Raycom Media.
Apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your resume and any links to your work. MVR and Drug screening required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Newschannel 10, KFDA-TV, the Raycom Media station in Amarillo, Texas is looking for a Reporter/MMJ to join our team.
The Ideal candidate will be a great storyteller, who can cultivate sources, and develop enterprise stories.
The successful candidate must be proficient on all digital platforms and meet social media goals. Must also be able to collaborate with a photographer and work on your own as needed. Video shooting and editing proficiency is a required. Four-year Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred. Some driving required for this position. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTOL , the CBS television affiliate in Toledo, Ohio is looking for a News Content Specialist. Duties include Chyron operation and running TelePrompter and floor directing for our newscasts as well as web content producing. This is an exciting position with potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants, appy online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media seeks a Training Specialist to train sales staff members on our operating systems. This position also assists the Director of Training and all trainers with project organization, training schedules, and operational tasks.
•Schedules all training classes with the stations and trainers
-Trains sellers and sales support staff on a variety of sales operating systems.
•Organizes travel arrangements of all trainees and provides detailed guidance with their trip•Updates and organizes all training materials and sends out updates to stations•Handles all food/beverage/catering for training•Maintain all office accounts payables and bills•Daily assistance to the Director•Daily assistance to the Trainers
Minimum Competencies Required: (knowledge, skills and abilities)
•Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, Photoshop•Ability to multi-task everyday•Excellent organizational skills•Excellent written skills•Ability to work efficiently with clients and office personnel•Ability to set goals and achieve them•Ability to meet deadlines
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience)
- College degree or appropriate administrative experience.
•Strategic Thinker - anticipates what needs to be done and finds a way to get it done. Makes tactical and strategic adjustments, incorporating new data.•Creative – generates new approaches to problems and innovations to established procedures.•Organization/Planning Skills -ability to prioritize and work many projects at one time. Plans, organizes, schedules in efficient, productive manner.•Independent and goal oriented – sets clear “stretch” goals for self. Displays individual initiative.•Resourcefulness – seeks out and seizes opportunities; action oriented “doer”.•Judgment/Decision Making – demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making. Ability to make sound business judgments.•Integrity – remains consistent in terms of what one says and does, and in terms of behavior toward others.•Excellent communication skills – demonstrates fluency, “quickness on one’s feet”. Composes clear, precise, well-organized correspondence and proposals. Easily articulates vision and standards.•Customer Focus – meets internal customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer. Regarded as visible and accessible by customers.•Goal Setting – sets clear, fair “stretch” goals for self and others, encouraging individual initiative.•Adaptability - flexes to new pressures; adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Location:This position is located in Charlotte, NC at our Traffic Hub / Ayrsley Complex. Qualifed applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Job Overview: Charlotte NC location
Raycom Media seeks a Corporate Broadcast Sales Trainer who will assist owned or operated television stations with Broadcast sales development. This position is responsible for the sales training and development of all Broadcast sellers within their group of assigned TV stations.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales development and training of Broadcast sales reps and sales managers
- Trains and develops the sales support staff
- Implements training curriculum and coaching for Broadcast sellers, tracks performance, and defines further training elements needed to improve results including, Broadcast Training and Education; Systems and Fulfillment training; Selling Strategies; Prospecting/Hunting New Business; Sales Calls; Proposals
- Finds new sales ideas
- Fills in wherever needed – backup when a TV station is without a Sales Manager
- Reduces AE turnover by providing detailed guidance and support
- Provides station leadership detailed guidance on how to advance their sales team.
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
- Minimum 5 years previous sales management experience preferably in television, broadcast sales, or marketing
- Proven track record of success
- Proven leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of sales principles, research, inventory control, pricing, and the complete sales operation of a television station.
- Thorough understanding of the entire sales process as it relates to traditional, non-traditional, internet, and new media sales opportunities.
- Complete knowledge of sales trends, sales forecasting, planning, and pricing.
- Strategic thinking, both short term and long term.
- Excellent presentation, training, and interpersonal skills as well as ability to network with sales clients.
- Ability to form strong relationships with all stations and department heads within each station.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WVUE - Digital Sales Specialist
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for driving digital revenue and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets. This is a base plus commission position with unlimited earnings for the the right candidate.
Specific Responsibilities: Digital Sales Specialist will be responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals. This will be accomplished by prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. Our Digital Sales Specialist will be a thought-leader in all aspects of digital advertising and emerging media.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
- Consistently prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- Package, present and sell WVUE digital products to meet sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, about all aspects of on-line marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, SMS, reputation management, email and mobile marketing.
- Develop an understanding of customer's digital business needs, trends and patterns.
- Effectively articulate the value of a variety of digital products to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently achieve high activity levels in new business development to grow market share.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with ad ops staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
- Report routinely to the DSM on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience in communicating audience based marketing solutions.
- Strategies to work through objections/concerns related to cost, budgets and selling strategies.
- Assessment of problems and development of solutions.
- Understand digital products as they relate to customers, prospects and key trends.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Proficiency in face-to-face sales calling, including up-selling, appointment and cold calling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive initiatives for change.
- Competitive personality and direct sales skills a must.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and being a disciplined self-starter are all necessary to be effective in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power-Point, Excel and the internet is essential.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line by submitting your resume and cover letter. Pre-employment drug testing and Motor vehicle record required. No Phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Sales Specialist (DSS) WFLX-TV is seeking an entry-level Digital Sales Specialist (DSS). Maximizing all of our digital, mobile, and social media assets is the primary objective. Your thorough knowledge and understanding of web marketing and operations as well as the ability to generate New Business are the keys to a competitive compensation package and a great working environment – in West Palm Beach!
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V