Are you an aggressive and goal-oriented person with a strong competitive drive and determination to win? A natural relationship builder and collaborator, often viewed by others as a thought leader? Are you interested in a sales job that allows you to do what you do best---sell, sell, and sell! No more order entry, no collections, no paperwork—just you and your clients changing the way an industry conducts business. Sound too good to be true---it is a new day of selling at Raycom Media, the industry leader in Multi-Platform sales and marketing and we are looking for Star sales professionals who want to join this revolution.
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve set sales quotas within the assigned territory. This position utilizes an audience based sales approach, selling across all product platforms, to provide marketing solutions to current and new customers. A great Media Sales Consultant must possess extensive industry and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining discrete marketing objective and then recommending high impact solutions. Raycom Media believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients’ needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments of advertising effectiveness.
- Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
- Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
- Sell across all product platforms, broadcast as well as digital to include OTT. The individuals who will become our Media Sales Specialists are enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, hunters, confident, and all have an entrepreneurial spirit, if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Each Media Sales Consultant will be paired with a Success Manager. Together it will be your priority to provide the best possible customer service while constantly and consistently creating new client relationships.
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience required, with interactive/digital experience preferred.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Drug screen and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
WXIX-TV, FOX19Now is seeking a full-time Master Control Operator for a multi-call letter hub operation. This position executes all functions required to maintain broadcast signals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Maintaining a Commercial log, Transmitter log, and Discrepancy Report along with other detailed paper work. Satellite receiving setup and recording of satellite feeds, and ingest programing and interstitials into automated playback system. The operator must work well with other operators and departments in high stress situations.
Strong computer skills are essential, Crispin Automation experience a plus. Must be available to work any hours or shift assignment in this 24/7 Master Control operation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter with resume, and link to your work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV is looking for an energetic, aggressive multimedia journalist who loves to break news and has to be first on all platforms- broadcast, digital, and social media.
You must be self-contained, able to multitask, quick on your feet, and manage your time well. We need a journalist who connects with the viewer during live shots and who can tell a clear, compelling story. At least two years of experience as an MMJ is required.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and links to your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB ABC 7 in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is searching for an experienced Anchor/Reporter to co-anchor the Good Morning Suncoast newscast.
This is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of anchoring & reporting experience. Producing experience is a plus as you will help craft the newscast daily. You will be expected to report daily in this position after the morning news and you must know how to shoot your own stories.
You must have a passion for journalism, a devotion to community involvement and a strong presence on social media.
Leadership skills and coaching techniques are a vital part of the anchor skillset. You should have a digital mentality, sense of urgency and ability to distribute content in real time under tight deadlines.
The candidate for this position will be excited to take part in community events and represent the station proudly.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR check.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WWSB ABC7 in Sarasota, Florida, is looking for a Multi-Media Producer to produce a power hour of Good Morning Suncoast. Yes, you’ll be producing television newscasts as part of the job, but you should come with a strong digital mindset and be available to distribute content in real time. A firm journalism core is required, backed up with quick and efficient writing and storytelling skills.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience writing for television and digital news outlets. A working knowledge of social media is required, and experience with a CMS is preferred. You’ll be expected to multi-task every day and craft newscasts and web stories that best represent the Suncoast community. Verbal communication skills are critical to this position, with a focus on being able to be a team player, be adaptable, be innovative, and be accountable.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. Candidate must successfully completed pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for a Master Control & Studio Operations Tech to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
*Make sure station breaks air on time and in the right location.
*Check quality of program feeds prior to air time.
*Make sure station programming air correctly
*Record satellite program feeds & segment syndicated programming
*Record newscasts for playback
*Dub commercials, promos and PSA's for air.
*Check next day’s logs for missing material and keep accurate program and transmitter logs.
Good mathematical and computer skills are necessary.
Candidate must also be able to efficiently operate studio cameras, operate the audio board for newscasts, edit video for newscasts and assist with newsroom duties.
A high school diploma is preferred and the successful candidate must be flexible to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Applicant must be able to understand and respond to both written and oral communication and work well with others.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WAFF, in Huntsville AL, is seeking a full-time News Producer.
- Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, online, and on our 48 News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and link(s) to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KHNL-KGMB TV- Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), Hawaii’s dominant news organization and premier multimedia company has an immediate opening for an Account Sales Executive. We value passion, creativity, strong work ethic and persistence and offer the right person an exceptional opportunity to begin or advance their career in a dynamic environment working with a great team of creative people. Our ideal candidate has the potential to build collaborative relationships and provide customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products. If you are coachable, self-motivated and a high-achiever with excellent communication skills, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in this industry.
- Accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically with other Account Executives and our Creative Team, Research Department and other departments.
- Drive new television and digital sales, as well as upselling key existing accounts.
- Able to create innovative multimedia recommendations, as well as communicate performance levels to current and potential customers.
- Monitor advertising campaign performance using metrics to maximize opportunities and implement areas for improvement.
- Must be an excellent communicator who can clearly sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must own car with required insurance coverage, valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- 2 years’ outside business to business sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and advertising.
- Experience in television, digital or media industry.
- Experience in new business to business development.
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2018). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply on-line at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and include your cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WTXL ABC 27 seeks an experienced IT/Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to, master control on air equipment, such as automation systems and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment, at our Tallahassee, Florida studio and remote facilities. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station
- Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
- Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
- Maintain the IT network, switches, work stations, servers, laptops and printers
- Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks
- Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
- Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation, to WTXL standards
- Communicate with members of the Technology team and other departments to contribute to the resolution of equipment and system performance issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
- Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
- Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking
- Team Player
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills required
- Must be able to prioritize and be a pro-active thinker
- Willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
- Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- TV Broadcast background required
- Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The IT/Engineer must be able to stand, sit and kneel for long periods, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions using common sense without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the IT/Engineer must be able to lift, set up, and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls and differentiate between colors. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, requiring average or above vision.
Qualified applicants only, apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs and attach resume. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
KLTV-TV (ABC) the dominant #1 station in Tyler/Longview, TX has an immediate opening for a talented, motivated Senior Account Executive to join our energetic and professional sales team in the Tyler office. We seek an experienced Account Executive with a track record of success in media. We seek self starters with a sense of urgency who can sell new business on-air, on-line, and on mobile platforms while maintaining and growing existing business. Candidates must be detail oriented and have excellent communication & customer service skills.
College degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years in media sales required with a history generating new business income. Media and/or Marketing background is a plus. Self starter, with the ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner while working in a fast-paced environment; High achiever with excellent communication skills, creativity, and persistence; Strong work ethic and integrity; Problem solving and organizational skills; Ability to exceed budget through new and existing business development. Applicants must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Applicants should be prepared to have a robust new business goal of $200,000 annually.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. The candidate must have reliable transportation that meets required insurance coverage needs. A pre-employment drug screening is required.
Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and frequently be exposed to outside conditions.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Include cover letter and resume. EOE-M/F/D/V
WBTV, in Charlotte, NC is hiring an entry level Account Executive. Candidate must demonstrate the drive and initiative to develop local direct business revenue utilizing numerous TV and Digital solutions available. Candidate must be self-starter that is detail-oriented and a problem solver. Strong presentation skills, competence with computers and Microsoft suite of products are required. Sales experience a plus, and a college degree preferred. Compensation package includes base salary plus commission.
Qualified applicants, please apply online https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
WDAM in Moselle, MS is looking for a MMJ/Reporter to join our award-winning news team.
We are looking for a digitally-minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. You will will break stories on digital first and throughout the day in the Pine Belt.
Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekends, overnights, holidays, and overtime.
Preferred applicants possess a four-year college degree in journalism or equivalent. 3 or more years of experience is preferred.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/DV
WLBT, the #1 station and NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for a New Media Graphic Designer to join our award-winning news team.
We are looking for a creative leader and self-starter who has the ability to design across platforms in a newsroom setting. This person will be a point person for our on-air and digital news graphics presentation. The ideal candidate is an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs, Chyron, Lyric, and advanced knowledge of 3D animation software. The New Media Graphic Designer will conceptualize and produce award-worthy and audience-motivating graphics.
Exceptional organization and strategic thinking is required to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development. This individual is a hands-on motions graphic artist, who works closely with News Managers to conceptualize and create graphics for daily newscasts as well as social and digital platforms.
This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multi-platform visual branding.
The ideal candidate has an incredible sense of urgency and the ability to produce graphics within a short time frame to make multiple deadlines daily.
Bachelor’s Degree in Design and newsroom experience is preferred.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and a Web CMS is a plus.
If you want to be a part of this award winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply on-line and upload your resume, references, and work examples at: http://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.
WLBT, Jackson’s NBC Affiliate is looking for a detail oriented, solution minded Client Success Specialist to work in a fast-paced environment and offer reliable support to the sales team as well as work closely with Transactional AE’s and management. The ideal candidate is very organized, can work well under pressure and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely.
Work closely with Transactional Account Executives at the station to provide complete customer service to all clients. The Client Success Specialist will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with transactional customers and ensuring that all orders and contracts are booked and run correctly. Responsibilities also include updating customers on program changes, ratings delivery, and overall performance of each campaign to ensure success.
Relay maintenance of contracts to agencies where action is required, including, but not limited to spot make goods, program changes and under delivery weight.
Maintaining and updating Matrix (or other CRM data base) on a regular basis to track contact information, account activity, and revenue performance.
Work closely with Traffic department to solve any missing copy, open scheduling issues including copy and media resolution, order validation and dispute resolution.
Complete necessary steps to process new client set ups in Wide Orbit.
Organize sales presentations and ensure that all sales presentation materials are prepared prior to deadlines.
Understanding of ratings and audience within both broadcast and digital is a plus to maximize opportunity with clients.
Travel with sales teams to local and national agencies when necessary.
- Proficiency in data entry, MS Word, PowerPoint, Matrix, and Excel. Experience in broadcast order entry and Wide Orbit experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Jackson
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and everything else? KSLA NEWS 12 (Shreveport, LA) the CBS affiliate has a position where those skills can be put to work.
We are looking for a savvy storyteller who can use all of our digital tools to cover breaking news as well as daily content on our digital and broadcast platforms. The right person will be a social butterfly who enjoys getting out in the community. We are looking for a positive, highly motivated and creative storyteller. Duties will include writing, producing, shooting and editing content for all platforms. Some broadcast MMJ duties might also be included.
•College journalism degree or equivalent required.
•Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
•Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
•Experienced with video and still editing systems, such as Edius, Premier, Photoshop
•Web posting experience
•Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production time-lines
•Must be energetic and positive
•Must be highly motivated self-starter, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
•Experience and comfortability with social media [Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat] with willingness to post and engage on all platforms
•Experience on-camera to not only give interviews for feature videos, but also be interviewed on the news
•Must be a creative thinker
Apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your resume and include links to your work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
The #1 Television station in Columbus, Georgia, serving the Columbus-Opelika-Auburn, AL television market, WTVM News Leader 9 is searching for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to lead a high performing sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader who can coach and lead by example. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader who takes advantage of every opportunity to maximize revenue on all screens; television, digital, and OTT platforms. This chosen leader will be challenged with creating and implementing strategies to achieve high financial goals in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly competitive leader with a desire to “WIN”.
- College degree is required.
- 7-10 years media sales experience.
- 2 years in media sales management with an ability to motivate experienced sellers.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent for a highly competitive sales team.
- Candidate must have strong time management and organizational skills. Be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and evolving sales environment.
- Must have a successful track record generating local new business.
- Be able to develop highly creative and innovative marketing campaigns and solutions for clients to help local businesses grow.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Sales Force or Matrix and PowerPoint.
- Hire, manage, coach, mentor, motivate, train and develop a highly professional sales team.
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers and community leaders.
- Support sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategic business plan for the sales team.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals.
- Manage forecast communications and highly skilled at inventory management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi task.
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE VISIT https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com TO APPLY. Attach cover letter and resume. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Multi-Media Account Executive- WMBF-TV, the NBC affiliate in sunny Myrtle Beach, SC, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our winning sales team.
This position is responsible for growing existing accounts and developing new business by providing excellent customer service and offering multi-platform advertising solutions which include: WMBF-TV, Bounce TV and a suite of digital media products. Success will be measured meeting and exceeding new and existing business development goals.
Ideal candidate will be energetic, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess problem solving skills, be detail oriented and possess the will to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply online at Raycommedia.com and submit resume with your application. No phone calls please. Clean driving record and pre-employment drug screen required. EOE-M/F/D/V
Raycom Media is the largest employee-owned broadcasting company in America. The 63 stations we own or service span 42 markets in 20 states, and reach over 14% of U.S. television households. Raycom's holdings also include PureCars, Raycom Sports, Tupelo-Honey Productions, RTM Productions, WebStream Sports, Broadview Media and other ventures involved in the creation, distribution and promotion of content across all media platforms.
KOLD- Success Manager
This position will be responsible for maximizing client relationships and services for specific accounts by serving as the primary point of contact for the client as the internal liaison between Media Sales Consultants Media Planners, Research Director and other resource personnel. This position is the key owner of the post-sale client experience and the key overseer of campaign implementation and performance.
- Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
- Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship
- Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account's marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
- Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
- Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Manager's account base
- Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
- Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area
- Coordinates and monitors development of artwork, ad copy and proofs with creative team to ensure successful execution of the client's advertising campaign
- Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
- Stays abreast of client's marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
- Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
- Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
- Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
- Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of marketing/advertising
- Minimum 2+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix or Sales Force experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers with various talk tracks depending on expertise level
- Critical thinking skills including data analysis and ability to position findings to customer with actionable steps
- Ability to understand customer environments and re-sell Raycom Media's value proposition continually and influence decision makers
- Fluent in Excel, Power-Point, analytics and research tools
- Advanced communication, presentation, analytical, and organisational skills
- Technical prowess
- Proven ability to manage projects in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field strongly preferred
Qualified applicants, please apply on-line and attach resume with cover letter. Drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WLOX News Now needs a part-time news producer to join our award-winning team. Our producers understand urgency. They focus on news happening right now. They write engaging copy, develop compelling teases, and post engaging digital content.
WLOX News Now develops producers who understand the importance of breaking news, and can be a calming influence during chaotic moments in the control room. Flexibility is a critical aspect of this job. Newscasts change all the time, and you'll be responsible for making the right adjustments. At the same time, you'll be part of a digital team that reaches hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every week.
Qualified applicants, apply on-line (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and links to your work. Drug/MVR Screening required. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
WLBT, Raycom Media's NBC affiliate in Jackson, MS is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our news team. This person will work with our investigative team and our content desk. The right person will be a curious journalist with great organizational skills, storytelling, photography and ability to help data mine content.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Conducting computer assisted research
- Organizing data and finding stories within spreadsheets and databases
- Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
- Shooting, writing and editing stories for television and digital platforms
- Developing sources within the community to learn about important issues
- Working with anchors and photographers on targeted special reports
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement and find sources and stories
Experienced journalists only. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume, references and a link to recent work. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V